[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Longest Holdouts

Jrick35

I need the help of all of the knowledgeable Huddlers.

With Chris Johnson's looming holdout and his threat to take it beyond camp if necessary I was wondering how many players have taken their hold outs into the regular season.

Lets confine the list to players who have held out in the last 15 years.

The first one that come to my mind is Crabtree from last year...who else can you remember?

Emmit Smith held out 48 days and went to the Super Bowl that year

Keenan McCardell held out 55 days which I think is the longest and definitely the most stupid.

I googled holdouts and found where this guy held out as the 6th pick by the Chargers and played for the USFL instead and later came to the NFL.

Mossy Cade (born December 26, 1961 in Eloy, Arizona) is a former professional American football player who played safety for two seasons for the Green Bay Packers. He attended the University of Texas, where he made the 1983 All-American team.

Cade was convicted in 1987 of two counts of second degree sexual assault on a woman he was related to through marriage. [1] He was acquitted of a third count, and served 15 months in jail.[2] This incident earned him the nickname "The Aunteater".

Upon release, he was signed by the Minnesota Vikings but was quickly released after public outcry over his signing

WOW!

How do you ever shake the nickname "The Aunteater"? He might as well get the tatoo.

Keenan McCardell held out 55 days which I think is the longest and definitely the most stupid.

For that period.

In 1985, Al Harris and Todd Bell held out of the entire season for the Bears. In 1987, rookie Kelly Stouffer held out the entire season from the Cardinals and re-entered the draft in 1988 where the Seahawks drafted him.

I googled holdouts and found where this guy held out as the 6th round pick of the Chargers and played for the USFL instead and later came to the NFL.

WOW!

How do you ever shake the nickname "The Aunteater"? He might as well get the tatoo.

Actually the 6th overall pick in the first round. And the Packers traded a 1st for his rights. :wacko:

WOW!

Maybe I'm a degenerate, but that is the funniest sheet I've read in awhile. :wacko: That's a frickin brilliant nickname. I could care less about the rest of this thread as "the Aunteater" is pure gold.

Edited by Square

Maybe I'm a degenerate, but that is the funniest sheet I've read in awhile. :wacko: That's a frickin brilliant nickname. I could care less about the rest of this thread as "the Aunteater" is pure gold.

I know. I could not stop laughing. I could just picture him late in life being introduced as "Mossy Cade, former USFL and NF player and college all-american" and then the other guy goes "hey I know this dude... how do I know.... oh yeah - YOU'RE THE AUNTEATER!"

I know. I could not stop laughing. I could just picture him late in life being introduced as "Mossy Cade, former USFL and NF player and college all-american" and then the other guy goes "hey I know this dude... how do I know.... oh yeah - YOU'RE THE AUNTEATER!"

didn't they name a sitcom after him ? AILF :wacko:

http://www.entreconsolas.com/wordpress/wp-...009/05/alf1.jpg

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

For that period.

In 1985, Al Harris and Todd Bell held out of the entire season for the Bears. In 1987, rookie Kelly Stouffer held out the entire season from the Cardinals and re-entered the draft in 1988 where the Seahawks drafted him.

That right there was the longest, and dumbest holdout in NFL history. How'd you like to hold out and get replaced by Wilbur Marshall and Dave Duerson (who went to the Pro Bowl that year) respectively while the D turned in the greatest performance to date in the NFL? Whoops! Talk about MISSING THE PARTY.

That right there was the longest, and dumbest holdout in NFL history. How'd you like to hold out and get replaced by Wilbur Marshall and Dave Duerson (who went to the Pro Bowl that year) respectively while the D turned in the greatest performance to date in the NFL? Whoops! Talk about MISSING THE PARTY.

Did they at least get into the music video?

Brown, Payton, Sanders - all just a product of their lines. If they had to make to with what Emmitt had, they would be even further behind Smith's records. :wacko: