[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs are in the import business

Chief Dick

:wacko:

Probably one of the worst things a player could say about his team-mates. Talk about throwing guys under the bus. He made it even worse by not naming names but singling out the "older" players. Now, every single one of them that is married or has a g/f will be questioned or will have to answer some stupid reporters question about it. Bad move dude. BAAAAAAAAAAD move.

“I know his mind’s in the right place. He wants to be a top receiver, and now it’s going to be up to him. (Bowe must) put everything into it to be a top receiver. I do think understanding what’s expected is a big item for Dwayne Bowe. I don’t doubt he has the skill to be a top receiver. He just needs to do it on a full-time basis.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/19/19578...l#ixzz0oYxtPHsG

I too think he has the talent, but he may lack the stuff upstairs to make it happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...on-bowes-denial

Kansas City receiver Dwayne Bowe again denied, in a radio interview, telling ESPN The Magazine that veteran Chiefs players “imported” women to the team’s San Diego hotel the night before a game in 2007. Gary Belsky, ESPN The Magazine's editor in chief, released a statement regarding Bowe's latest denial:

"As we have said, we will happily allow Mr. Bowe the chance to listen to our recording of his interview, in the event he forgot that he made these comments. He has not asked to do so. Despite his persistence in denying having made these comments-unfairly damaging the reputation of one of our best writers-we have consistently avoided releasing the audio from his interview to spare him and others further embarrassment, specifically because on the recording he offers more lurid details than we published and because he named several teammates as having participated in the off-hours activity in question.

"We do not know why Mr. Bowe persists in denying having made the comments, but out of respect for him, his teammates and the Chiefs we will maintain our position, which we think is the honorable choice. We believe The Magazine's reputation for honesty and integrity speaks for itself."

The story originally ranInsider in a May edition of ESPN The Magazine.

This could get ugly...

Edited by flemingd

The important thing here is that even though a tape exists and espn offered to play it for anyone in the Chiefs organization, we haven't heard anything about it from them. The players were/are involved in transporting women across state lines for sex, which is a felony, and the team doesn't care at all. I wonder what else the league covers up? Everyone is mad at Bowe like he's a "bad person" which I think is ridiculous. It's like people want to believe that athletes and pro sports are all rainbows and sunshine when it's probably more like the mafia and MS13. If certain activities would be bad for the league or bad for the team if the public found out, they shouldn't be happening.

Edited by mrip

Bowe has been a proverbial thorn in this organizations side. Every team covers up, not that it's good, but it happens. But, players generally stick together. Bowe not only jeopardized this organization, but implicated several players as well.

Bowe has been a proverbial thorn in this organizations side. Every team covers up, not that it's good, but it happens. But, players generally stick together. Bowe not only jeopardized this organization, but implicated several players as well.

It almost seems that he's trying to get thrown out of KC...