[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which 'cold weather' city gets to host a Super Bowl first?

muck

zero

Detroit was an effing disaster - if I HAD to choose 1- NY is the only one where it would work

otherwise continue with warm weather cities only IMO

no one wants to watch or even play football in Feb in chit weather.......

I dont think it will happen either but for different reasons. The logistics of puling off a Super Bowl in chit weather is the problem. Watching a football game in chit weather is awesome! Who didnt love the Raiders/Pats AFC Championship game?

I dont think it will happen either but for different reasons. The logistics of puling off a Super Bowl in chit weather is the problem. Watching a football game in chit weather is awesome! Who didnt love the Raiders/Pats AFC Championship game?

To be honest, there is nothing better (IMHO) than being at these games either. I remember going to a Cleveland @ Broncos game in the early 90's. It was 30 below with heavy snow. Granted, I was freezing my butt at first, but once the game started I had my jacket sitting on my seat while I was hooping and haulering. Ah, the ole Bernie Kozar days...... Loved the Browns then....

no one wants to watch or even play football in Feb in chit weather.......

One of my single fondest memories in watching any game was sitting in a seat at Lambeau Field when a couple feet of snow fell while GB trounced TB. Made even better by the players coming back out and doing belly whoppers on the field after the game with the crowd cheering them wildly.

It's the SB. Anyone who thinks the stadium doesn't fill easily in anything better than 20 below temps vastly underestimates what the SB is. I'd wager a bunch of girlie-man posers would probably stay home and do wine cooler shooters while real fans were able to access tickets more easily.

There are only 2 shots at being the first cold weather city, 75% NYC or 25% DC. :wacko: Now after the first one , maybe these other cities will get one. Currently I believe thet NFL rule is any city with an average temp below 50 (the number might be wrong) is ineligible, my guess is they change the Temp to be 1 degree higher then the average temp in NY. The real problem isn't with the cold its with the fans that go to the game , they are not real fans they are "hollywood"fans(most anyway). If the more of the tickets went to the teams , and the real fans , we would have less complaining. I am sure many of us have great memories of games played in less then perfect weather.

One of my single fondest memories in watching any game was sitting in a seat at Lambeau Field when a couple feet of snow fell while GB trounced TB. Made even better by the players coming back out and doing belly whoppers on the field after the game with the crowd cheering them wildly.

It's the SB. Anyone who thinks the stadium doesn't fill easily in anything better than 20 below temps vastly underestimates what the SB is. I'd wager a bunch of girlie-man posers would probably stay home and do wine cooler shooters while real fans were able to access tickets more easily.

I get it and I agree with you - those games are a blast- I just don't think inclement weather is a good idea for the Super Bowl

as a Seahawk fan who waited his entire lifetime for a SB, and gettingr stuck with effing Detroitt - no bueno for anyone.

Jax was a bust as well- I just happen to think only certain cities are able to handle all that entails the SB

You want to really make bank in an outdoor stadium? Put the SB in a Big Ten Stadium. You want it to be the best party the NFL has ever seen - hold it in Madison and you'll still be able to sell 87,000 tickets in a primo footbal venue.

It would be great to have it in Madison!

You want to really make bank in an outdoor stadium? Put the SB in a Big Ten Stadium. Ann Arbor is a great place for 105,000 fans to gather and watch a game - and this is from a Badger. You aren't going to match that kind of seating in the NFL. You want it to be the best party the NFL has ever seen - hold it in Madison and you'll still be able to sell 87,000 tickets in a primo footbal venue - hell, they'll even throw in the 4th quarter tuba serenade and the 5th quarter for free. The best part - the people going to the game there would be football fans instead of posers who have to watch football in shameful feminine comforts like 80 degree weather and no precipitation.

I live just a few miles from the Big House. I can't imagine how insane it would be here if there was a SB.

From the list, I believe that Cleveland is the only city that hasn't played or hosted a Super Bowl. Their best shot is hosting one, imo. :wacko:

You are calling down the wrath of The Muto upon yourself. Delete your post quickly and genuflect and you may be spared.

You want to really make bank in an outdoor stadium? Put the SB in a Big Ten Stadium. Ann Arbor is a great place for 105,000 fans to gather and watch a game - and this is from a Badger. You aren't going to match that kind of seating in the NFL. You want it to be the best party the NFL has ever seen - hold it in Madison and you'll still be able to sell 87,000 tickets in a primo footbal venue - hell, they'll even throw in the 4th quarter tuba serenade and the 5th quarter for free. The best part - the people going to the game there would be football fans instead of posers who have to watch football in shameful feminine comforts like 80 degree weather and no precipitation.

This.