[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl XLVIII

T_bone65

Can't wait to hear "corporate america" bit*hing when they are sitting in a snow storm after forking out a truck load of money to attend.

It's too bad the average fan will never be able to afford a SB in NYC.

ETA: Was there really ever any doubt they'd get it? New stadium = Super Bowl. Seems like a simple formula.

Hope its Miami vs Tampa in that SB. :wacko:

Edited by myhousekey

I like it. It's football. If it's cold and snows, well that's the way it goes.

you go pay $1500 for a cheap seat in the snow, wind etc. then tell me how that's the way it is. Major FUBAR on the NFL's part.

you go pay $1500 for a cheap seat in the snow, wind etc. then tell me how that's the way it is. Major FUBAR on the NFL's part.

Afraid I disagree. Football is a winter sport and should be played outside in whatever conditions are present. Domes and enclosed stadiums are the work of the devil. Much like deer stands. :wacko:

Afraid I disagree. Football is a winter sport and should be played outside in whatever conditions are present. Domes and enclosed stadiums are the work of the devil. Much like deer stands. :wacko:

I agree with the players having to play in any conditions, do you really think though that the majority of fans actually at the SB are that diehard? Most are fairweathered at best and more than likely have heated, carpeted deer stands. This is going to bite them hard unless a home team is one of the participants.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Can't wait to hear "corporate america" bit*hing when they are sitting in a snow storm after forking out a truck load of money to attend.

It's too bad the average fan will never be able to afford a SB in NYC.

ETA: Was there really ever any doubt they'd get it? New stadium = Super Bowl. Seems like a simple formula.

Hope its Miami vs Tampa in that SB. :wacko:

you seem to imply that the average fan can afford to go to a super bowl at all other venues...not many average joes make it to any SBs from what I can tell.....and NY shouldn't really be any more expensive than other locales....if anything the enormous amount of rooms in NYC should help to keep costs somewhat in check.

I agree with the players having to play in any conditions, do you really think though that the majority of fans actually at the SB are that diehard? Most are fairweathered at best and more than likely have heated, carpeted derr stands. This is going to bite them hard unless a home team is one of the participants.

I hope is snows to beat the band. Then the "real" fan will be able to get a seat.

Been a long time since an actual fan was able to get a seat at the SB and of course we know that won't happen no matter what the weather. But I can dream.

you seem to imply that the average fan can afford to go to a super bowl at all other venues...not many average joes make it to any SBs from what I can tell.....and NY shouldn't really be any more expensive than other locales....if anything the enormous amount of rooms in NYC should help to keep costs somewhat in check.

Well over 50 percent of seats sold are for corporate giveaways. I get a freebie to a cold ass rainy stadium in Feb. and I sell it then watch it in the nice warm confines of my house. Lots of no shows if the weather turns nasty.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Well over 50 percent of seats sold are for corporate giveaways. I get a freebie to a beautiful ass stadium in Feb. with weather projected to be sunny and 60 degrees and I sell it then watch it in the nice confines of my house while counting that ching I made selling the seat.

Fixed

Afraid I disagree. It's more of a fall sport. The "winter months" are December, January and February. So, the majority of the season's played in the fall. :tup:

That said, I'm fine with football being played in whatever the conditions are, including the Super Bowl. Heck, it rained cats and dogs in Miami a few years ago for the Colts/Bears debacle.

Afraid I disagree. It's more of a fall sport. The "winter months" are December, January and February. So, the majority of the season's played in the fall. :wacko:

That said, I'm fine with football being played in whatever the conditions are, including the Super Bowl. Heck, it rained cats and dogs in Miami a few years ago for the Colts/Bears debacle.

Yes it did, and by games end there were many less fans present. Just think if it is snowing say an inch an hour and the game ends up 7-6 on a play caused by bad weather. Vegas and bettors would not be happy, and many a TV sets will be watching Heidi instead.

Yep..just like when the Yankees are in the World Series. Man all those empty seats.

If corporate joe sells his seat to a New Yorker/New Jersey native, I can guarantee you the weather will not play a factor on there attendance.

Yep..just like when the Yankees are in the World Series. Man all those empty seats.

If corporate joe sells his seat to a New Yorker/New Jersey native, I can guarantee you the weather will not play a factor on there attendance.

Hello Noonan, one is played in early fall and one is played in the dead of winter. Bad comparison at best. Aside from the fact that the WS is a home and home event. And I do seem to remember bad weather WS games where attendance was nowhere near ticket sales. Sabe?

I prefer outdoor stadiums and natural grass, and I'm cool with games being played in whatever elements are present. But, I still think they should try to minimize the chances of weather affecting the Super Bowl. They will rethink this decision if there is a blizzard that day.

If the NFL is deciding that cold/snow is no longer a concern, then they should eliminate the random chance that a team could have homefield advantage. Instead, the team with the better record should be awarded homefield, whether it's Green Bay or Miami or Buffalo. An added benefit is fewer teams would bench starters in weeks 16 and 17.

saying i am a cheap ass that would bank some cash from a ticket sale if I could.

Brothers from a different mutha :wacko: Actually been to a SB and the lack of actual football accumen from the majority of fans in attendance was ridonculous.

Hello Noonan, one is played in early fall and one is played in the dead of winter. Bad comparison at best. Aside from the fact that the WS is a home and home event. And I do seem to remember bad weather WS games where attendance was nowhere near ticket sales. Sabe?

I cannot think of a single World Series game played by the Yanks or Boston that was not filled to capacity. Not one. You are goign to have to back that up with some kind of act, link or pic if you want it to carry weight.

I cannot think of a single World Series game played by the Yanks or Boston that was not filled to capacity. Not one. You are goign to have to back that up with some kind of act, link or pic if you want it to carry weight.

Saw it with my own eyes there Sully. Especially if the game was lopsided. Take the Eastcoast blinders off for a minute