[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who will win the nfc west in 2010?

T-Justice

ok here's how i see the nfc west shaping up this year:

(1) san francisco 49ers: mike singletary is doing a great job with the 9er's they dont have much competition in the weakest division in the nfl and vernon davis and up and coming star michael crabtree should keep the 9er's rollin in the right direction. 10-6

(2) st. louis rams: yes i said st.louis rams ok don't think im stupid but i'll tell you why i have them here. ahhh... the rams far from their glory days in the 90's but bringing in young new talent people talk bad about the rams O-line but they're not as bad as you think they have a healthy jason smith on the left a new talent in rodger saffold on the right mike bell in the middle and a beast by the name of steven jackson in the backfield they finally got rid of marc bulger and now have sam bradford as we all know but they also got mardy gilyard who i think will be a star in the nfl.their defense is improving under spags they still have oj otogwe,james laurinitus in their defense. i think they have the potential to surprise some people this year 8-8

(3) arizona cardinals: ok kurt warner makes a huge difference here without him they just aren't the same team.matt lienert is just not very good at least not so far their running game is not all that great their defense is decent but i just dont see the cards doin much with the tuff games on their schedule. 7-9

(4) seattle seahawks: the seahawks have matt hasselbeck who is still productive but getting old they did add russell okung to help the line, an electric running back in cj spiller in the draft and a lockdown safety/corner earl thomas which was the best draft in the nfc west in my opinion but i still think they wont get it done this year. 6-10.

Got me excited about CJ Spiller for a second. My thoughts are fairly similar to yours, except I don't see the Rams getting more than 6 wins. Barring injury, the 49ers should be able to capture the division fairly easily. The one X factor could be Beanie Wells. The Cardinals have a good enough roster to finish above .500 if they can limit Leinart's mistakes.

A lot of NFL analysts are looking for the Seahawks to be the most improved team in the NFL. I just don't see it. Their line is still bad, they added Golden Tate but lost their best receiver from 2009, and Matt Hasselbeck is punch-drunk at this point. The defense could be improved but they still have no pass-rush whatsoever and figure to lose the battle in the trenches, especially to the 49ers. If Alex Smith continues to progress from his somewhat successful 2009, they could be a flat-out scary team.

(4) seattle seahawks: the seahawks have matt hasselbeck who is still productive but getting old they did add russell okung to help the line, an electric running back in cj spiller in the draft and a lockdown safety/corner earl thomas which was the best draft in the nfc west in my opinion but i still think they wont get it done this year. 6-10.

Got me excited about CJ Spiller for a second. My thoughts are fairly similar to yours, except I don't see the Rams getting more than 6 wins. Barring injury, the 49ers should be able to capture the division fairly easily. The one X factor could be Beanie Wells. The Cardinals have a good enough roster to finish above .500 if they can limit Leinart's mistakes.

From a secret trade from the Bills? :wacko:

Hawks could steal this division if they start out strong. If Matt plays gun shy like last year then they're screwed. I think AZ steps back big time, but Beanie Wells becomes a fantasy force. Rams are years away, but the Niners are probably the most poised to take the division.

Hawks could steal this division if they start out strong. If Matt plays gun shy like last year then they're screwed. I think AZ steps back big time, but Beanie Wells becomes a fantasy force. Rams are years away, but the Niners are probably the most poised to take the division.

well the rams are a little better than people think yeah i know they were 1-15 but they could've won a lot of those games they almost beat the saints they played competative on defense in the first half of almost everygame last year they just couldnt find ways to finish the second half and win but now their offense already looks considerably better than last year just by getting rid of injury prone bulger and adding sam bradford,rodger saffold,and mardy gilyard. oh and they got this TE from the university of houston named fendi onobun who looks like a potential antonio gates he's 6ft 4in and runs a 4.48 :wacko:

Niners should win by 2-3 games. SHOULD win. The only way it's close is if they fail to win games they should win, and come back to the rest of the pack as a result. I just don't see anybody else finishing better than .500... The Seahawks still have a lot of holes to fill, as do the Rams (sorry, but Gilyard will be pretty much a non-factor in year 1), and although the majority of the Cardinals roster knows what it feels like to win, the QB position alone limits them to 8-8, maybe 9-7 at best. That could be enough to compete with SF, but only if the Niners underachieve. I just don't see it... Smith is gaining confidence, Gore should be healthy, Davis coming off a monster season, and they bolstered their O-Line more than anything else in the draft. They also added some needed depth on defense, at LB and in the secondary. I see them winning 10-11 games, and to be quite honest, running away with the division by early December.

I just went down the list of projected starters for the 49ers and Seahawks. You could argue fairly easily that the 49ers are better than the Seahawks at 21 of he 22 positions, with Housh probably being the only clear favorite for the Seahawks, and even that isn't by much. The only other close positions might be:

QB--although Smith played much better than Hasselbeck last year

SLB if Curry ever does anything

FS if Earl Thomas can play better than Goldson, who himelf isn't bad at all.

Thank goodness for Olindo Mare.

well the rams are a little better than people think yeah i know they were 1-15 but they could've won a lot of those games they almost beat the saints they played competative on defense in the first half of almost everygame last year they just couldnt find ways to finish the second half and win but now their offense already looks considerably better than last year just by getting rid of injury prone bulger and adding sam bradford,rodger saffold,and mardy gilyard. oh and they got this TE from the university of houston named fendi onobun who looks like a potential antonio gates he's 6ft 4in and runs a 4.48 :wacko:

Reading this post reminded me of the time I read this.

Oh, and there is no way the last place team in this division wins as many as six games. The Rams and Seahawks might barely combine for six wins. Don't kid yourselves, folks... These teams are terrible.

S.F has been gradually moving in a very good direction so far. I think they put it together this year and take the NFC west in a tallest midget type of way

Here's how I would rank the NFC West:

49ers---another good draft this year--more protection for Alex Smith--improving defense with Patrick Willis & others

Arizona--takes a step back this year with the retiring Kurt Warner

Seattle--great first draft this year for Pete Carroll but there are quite a few holes to fill in the defense--Lendale White

a disappointment for the offense & no more Waler Jones

St. Louis--should be better than last year with Bradford at QB--defense still needs some work but

the Rams should be a couple games better this year