[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bold Prediction Time

MikesVikes

Sam Bradford will finish in the top half of fantasy QB's this season and will be a top-ten guy by 2012.

Please, God, I don't ask for that much, do I?

Every ten or so years, you get that special QB. I think this is the the guy so you should happy there mate. Just might take a few years to get him some decent protection.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bold prediction is I will NOT receive this type of compliment on the huddle boards. Here is an email sent from 1 of my opponents I have been playing in my league against for 13 seasons to another one of my fellow league members. I had just traded for the #2 pick in our rookie draft and this team went out of his way to trade for the #1 pick and here were his following reasons.

Subject: Re: Taco's

To: nfl@hotmail.com

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:54:56 -0400

The taco thing is interesting......food motivates me.......moment of weakness.....

Ok the moment has passed. So what's with you harping on my deal anyhow? Why is it Henry and you are so pissed about how many draft picks I seem to have or how many young players are on my team? Its my team, and at least I care about it unlike Huntington. At least I communicate with you and give you the time of day.

Im making the moves that I think will not only help my team but put the skids on Henry. This is a competitive league and Henry is running through it year in and year out like a hot knife through butter. Every team in our division, even Huntington, would love to see Henry lose. Its not like the people in our division are void of football knowledge. But there is a reason henry always beats us. He's really good at fantasy football period. I wish I was in your Division. Emory is lucky.

If I allow henry to get Pick 2 and New Mexico Pick 1 then Henry gets another RB which I dont want to see happen. New Mexico would have drafted Spiller with Pick 1 and Henry would get Matthews. I would rather him Draft another WR that he cant play against me for some time. I want him to end up with Dez Bryant. I also covet Ryan Matthews for my own sake hes in the perfect situation.

This gives me , Frank Gore, Cedric Benson, Beanie Wells, Knowshon Moreno, Ryan Matthews, Lesean Mccoy, and Donald Brown. I'll Be solid in the RB Dept.

WR im a little weaker but its deep. Jennings, Crabtree, Housh, Sims Walker, H Nicks, P Harvin, J Maclin, J Witten.

QB wise Eli Manning is getting better and better. I also have a solid kicking game.

I have 2 first rounders next year to get even deeper. There is a real good chance Ill be in the playoffs during the next 5 years with my current build. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

I like the direction im headed. Why rag on me for trying to actually compete. Its guys like Bill who dont care about this league that brings us all down. Maybe this year I wont show up so you guys can draft my players for me. Maybe I wont pay until June of 2011 and Ill forego my Dev List because Im lazy. Ill not call in my lineup. Ill pull off trades for Old washed up players and make the Perenial league leader (Charleston) Better by over paying.

Ive had to compete with the Likes of Henry winner of 3x as many championships as anyone else. If I was in the other division I may have actually had a shot but Henry is a bulldog and you cant deny that he is the main powerhouse in the league since Year 1 when I was 17 years old and drafted a team I knew very little about. Times have changed and the Pendulum is starting to swing in the other direction. Henry sees this and I think he is happy for some actual competetion, which I aim to give him.

My bold prediction is I will NOT receive this type of compliment on the huddle boards. Here is an email sent from 1 of my opponents I have been playing in my league against for 13 seasons to another one of my fellow league members. I had just traded for the #2 pick in our rookie draft and this team went out of his way to trade for the #1 pick and here were his following reasons.

Subject: Re: Taco's

To: nfl@hotmail.com

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:54:56 -0400

The taco thing is interesting......food motivates me.......moment of weakness.....

Ok the moment has passed. So what's with you harping on my deal anyhow? Why is it Henry and you are so pissed about how many draft picks I seem to have or how many young players are on my team? Its my team, and at least I care about it unlike Huntington. At least I communicate with you and give you the time of day.

Im making the moves that I think will not only help my team but put the skids on Henry. This is a competitive league and Henry is running through it year in and year out like a hot knife through butter. Every team in our division, even Huntington, would love to see Henry lose. Its not like the people in our division are void of football knowledge. But there is a reason henry always beats us. He's really good at fantasy football period. I wish I was in your Division. Emory is lucky.

If I allow henry to get Pick 2 and New Mexico Pick 1 then Henry gets another RB which I dont want to see happen. New Mexico would have drafted Spiller with Pick 1 and Henry would get Matthews. I would rather him Draft another WR that he cant play against me for some time. I want him to end up with Dez Bryant. I also covet Ryan Matthews for my own sake hes in the perfect situation.

This gives me , Frank Gore, Cedric Benson, Beanie Wells, Knowshon Moreno, Ryan Matthews, Lesean Mccoy, and Donald Brown. I'll Be solid in the RB Dept.

WR im a little weaker but its deep. Jennings, Crabtree, Housh, Sims Walker, H Nicks, P Harvin, J Maclin, J Witten.

QB wise Eli Manning is getting better and better. I also have a solid kicking game.

I have 2 first rounders next year to get even deeper. There is a real good chance Ill be in the playoffs during the next 5 years with my current build. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

I like the direction im headed. Why rag on me for trying to actually compete. Its guys like Bill who dont care about this league that brings us all down. Maybe this year I wont show up so you guys can draft my players for me. Maybe I wont pay until June of 2011 and Ill forego my Dev List because Im lazy. Ill not call in my lineup. Ill pull off trades for Old washed up players and make the Perenial league leader (Charleston) Better by over paying.

Ive had to compete with the Likes of Henry winner of 3x as many championships as anyone else. If I was in the other division I may have actually had a shot but Henry is a bulldog and you cant deny that he is the main powerhouse in the league since Year 1 when I was 17 years old and drafted a team I knew very little about. Times have changed and the Pendulum is starting to swing in the other direction. Henry sees this and I think he is happy for some actual competetion, which I aim to give him.

:wacko::tup::tup:

Oh Henry . . . you never fail to entertain.

What the hell is wrong with you? That's the thinnest veil of pretense I've ever seen for someone to come in here just to pat himself on the back. Seriously man, get some help, because this post is the very definition of narcissism.

What the hell is wrong with you? That's the thinnest veil of pretense I've ever seen for someone to come in here just to pat himself on the back. Seriously man, get some help, because this post is the very definition of narcissism.

It's really Ashton Kucher and he's slowly working on the most elaborate and large scale version of punked yet. It will take years to pull off, but we will all be the butt of the joke eventually.

Jermichael Finley will be the top fantasy TE, by far, this season.

Fixed.

- Fred Jackson will lead BUF RB's in all-purpose yards.

- Sproles will lead SD RB's in all-purpose yards.

- Forsett will lead SEA RB's in all-purpose yards.

- If the NYJ have two 1000-yard rushers, neither of them will be Tomlinson.

- Marshall, Bess, and Hartline will combine for well over 200 catches and 2,500 receiving yards in Miami.

- The Chicago Bears will have at least six players catch at least 50 passes, but no more than 75 for any of them.

- Boldin and Rice will catch more passes than any other same-team WR/RB combo in the league (Safer than my original thought, which was that they both catch 100+ passes this year). :wacko:

- Steve Smith will be the only Panther to catch at least 50 passes this season.

- Shipley will lead the Bengals in catches this season.

- Gresham will lead the Bengals in TD catches this season.

- Last season, Cleveland had ZERO players catch 35 or more passes. This year, they'll have at least four players do so (I know... that's not really a stretch, but...)

- Due to injuries to Colston and Shockey, Meachem will lead the Saints in TD catches and yards, but Dave Thomas will have the most receptions.

Some young RB will break into the top 10. My guesses are either Greene or Bush.

One of the younger Qb's will too. With my green glasses on, I say Sanchez. Once Holmes comes back after his 4 game suspension... OK, I'm fulla chit. It's hard to be a Jets homer.

Jermichael Finley will be at the top half of the 5 best TE's this season.

Jermichael Finley will be the top producing TE in 2010, and the production will be significant enough to warrant being the first TE drafted off the redraft and dynasty boards in 2011.

• 2 weeks later...

Felix Jones will have 1200 yards rushing

Felix Jones will score 5 times with runs or catches of 50 yards or more.

Barber will have 13 TD's

Romo will have 4000 yards passing and 30 Touchdowns this year

The Dallas Defense will be #1 against the Run and #1 against the pass and #1 in sacks

Dallas will be in the Championship game this year

Go Cowboys

Fat Albert Haynesworth is going to miss more than half the season this year and begin to fade out of everyones memory.

The Jets will win the Division

Detroit will win 8 games this year

Denver will be the worst team in football

Felix Jones will have 1200 yards rushing

Felix Jones will score 5 times with runs or catches of 50 yards or more.

Barber will have 13 TD's

Romo will have 4000 yards passing and 30 Touchdowns this year

The Dallas Defense will be #1 against the Run and #1 against the pass and #1 in sacks

Dallas will be in the Championship game this year

Go Cowboys

Fat Albert Haynesworth is going to miss more than half the season this year and begin to fade out of everyones memory.

The Jets will win the Division

Detroit will win 8 games this year

Denver will be the worst team in football

do you really think Felix can stay healthy for that long?...

I don't even have faith in Barber staying healthy, but if Felix and Choice are used enough then I would say Barber could reach those numbers...he just needs to be spelled due to his aggressive run style..

Felix is a big play back who should probably "start" to give the offense an adrenaline shot early....but once the lead is had, you offer a steady diet of Barber and maybe a little Choice....

this is probably the most sensible way to run the offense...

do you really think Felix can stay healthy for that long?...

I don't even have faith in Barber staying healthy, but if Felix and Choice are used enough then I would say Barber could reach those numbers...he just needs to be spelled due to his aggressive run style..

Felix is a big play back who should probably "start" to give the offense an adrenaline shot early....but once the lead is had, you offer a steady diet of Barber and maybe a little Choice....

this is probably the most sensible way to run the offense...

24 Barber, Marion RB 6-0 222

23 Choice, Tashard RB 5-10 212

28 Jones, Felix RB 6-0 218

Barber is down about 10 pounds this year and look at Felix he is almost the size of Barber! Wow now can you imagine Felix with his speed at almost 220. This kid bulked up with Joe over the winter and still has his speed. This kid is going to be a monster this year. Hard to bring down and impossible to run down. I love our backfield.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Cowboy fans will yet again blame there teams demise on everything but the Cowboys

Viking fans will blame there woes on the Packers

Packer fans will blame everything on Favre

Favre will take the Vikings to the NFC Championship

The NFC Championship will be a Vikings vs Saints re-match.

And Rivers will point at all them across the sidelines with a chitty grin while kissing the Lombardi Trophy.

24 Barber, Marion RB 6-0 222

23 Choice, Tashard RB 5-10 212

28 Jones, Felix RB 6-0 218

Barber is down about 10 pounds this year and look at Felix he is almost the size of Barber! Wow now can you imagine Felix with his speed at almost 220. This kid bulked up with Joe over the winter and still has his speed. This kid is going to be a monster this year. Hard to bring down and impossible to run down. I love our backfield.

it's not so much the weight as it is the frame....and I'm not so sure Felix will be as explosive with the added weight...

adding weight won't make him any less susceptible to injury....