[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vincent Jackson - Will He Hold out?

Wpob

I understand your point of view. Everybody here wants to see VJax on the field, but Vincent Jackson's off-field antics have made it tough for the Chargers to cut him any slack. On top of that I think his agent is giving him bad advice by having him not sign his tender. Jackson took a $2.4 million pay cut this year and is looking at possibly not making anything next year if there's a lockout. Why not play this year for $3 million and then go for the big payday after that? :wacko:

Why would he play another year when he's good enough to force his hand and get someone to pay him long term?

I understand the concern about his off the field antics, but this guy was drafted by the organization and coming into his prime. San Diego should be a legitimate contender (again) this year but I'm not sure I see it happening if Malcolm Floyd is the #1 WR option.

Two #2 draft picks is all you can hope for, so I hope that helps out Gates and Rivers more in the immediate future than having V Jax on the field.

Why would he play another year when he's good enough to force his hand and get someone to pay him long term?

I'm not sure any team is going to be willing to give up two number 2's, sign him to a fat multi-year contract, and then watch him sit out the first three games of the season.

I'm not sure any team is going to be willing to give up two number 2's, sign him to a fat multi-year contract, and then watch him sit out the first three games of the season.

True, you can take the Santonio Holmes for a 5th round pick angle and hope that brings championship glory also.

VJax and SD wouild be crazy to let this carry on into the season. My prediction is that they will come to an agreement before the regular season starts. VJax can't afford not to at his age.

you might be right

Must be an AFC West thing. Culter and Marshall ran out of town and now V-Jax is next up on the block.

Sad thing is the AFC West is such a crappy division that San Diego is still a major favorite even without V-Jax and McNeal.

If San Diego was in another division in the AFC they would be a non playoff team

Must be an AFC West thing. Culter and Marshall ran out of town and now V-Jax is next up on the block.

Sad thing is the AFC West is such a crappy division that San Diego is still a major favorite even without V-Jax and McNeal.

If San Diego was in another division in the AFC they would be a non playoff team

explain in detail please. I'm interested to hear it.

are any of the teams rookie wides turning heads?

I don't think any of the rookie wides will have any fantasy significance, but Seyi Ajirotutu (6-3, 211) out of Fresno State has looked good so far in camp.

Right now Legedu Naanee has the inside track to start opposite Malcom Floyd with veteran Josh Reed thrown into the mix to make it interesting.

Things are tough all over for the Chargers.

:wacko:

No V-Jax, No McNeal.

2008 San Diego wins the divison 8-8 that wasn't happening in another division

2009 lost at Balt, lost at Pitt, Beat Cincy by 3 points at home, imagine if they were in the AFC North instead of Cleveland

Put them in the AFC South vs Indy, Tenn and Houston 6 times

Put them in the NFC East vs Dallas, Philly and NYG 6 times

It wouldn't be pretty without V-Jax and McNeal.

Obviously it is easy to win your division if your playing the likes of Denver, KC and Oakland 6 times.

What part of if your playing in another division did you not understand ? Let me repeat when you get 6 free wins a year and can go 8-8 and win a division then this means your not very good.

Put the Browns in the AFC West instead of San Diego and we probably make the playoffs. We beat KC and Oakland last year whopdie do.

How so?

for starters, your defense is falling down ... now your LT is over with and your leaning on Sproles and a rookie. Defense was once awesome and now is average. Too many changes. Rivers now has to carry more of a load. Defense Defense Defense Gone. Maybe you could get Wade Phillips back after he gets canned in Dallas. :wacko:

No V-Jax, No McNeal.

2008 San Diego wins the divison 8-8 that wasn't happening in another division

2009 lost at Balt, lost at Pitt, Beat Cincy by 3 points at home, imagine if they were in the AFC North instead of Cleveland

Put them in the AFC South vs Indy, Tenn and Houston 6 times

Put them in the NFC East vs Dallas, Philly and NYG 6 times

It wouldn't be pretty without V-Jax and McNeal.

Obviously it is easy to win your division if your playing the likes of Denver, KC and Oakland 6 times.

What part of if your playing in another division did you not understand ? Let me repeat when you get 6 free wins a year and can go 8-8 and win a division then this means your not very good.

Put the Browns in the AFC West instead of San Diego and we probably make the playoffs. We beat KC and Oakland last year whopdie do.

You said AFC. And San Diego does not get 6 wins a year within the division. The Browns in the AFC West? :wacko: seriously now bro. I hedge my bet that San Diego would either win or advance via wild card in any division in the AFC.

And make sure you get your McNeil's right. McNEAL is a rookie RB that will eventually be 3rd on the depth chart. McNEIL is the 2 time Pro Bowl left tackle that is holding out. Being only 2 years removed from college, its extremely foolish of Marcus to be holding out...if so..so be it. We have some depth to replace him.

When you have, as has been said the past 2-3 years, the best overall talent in the NFL, you just don't brush that aside. I find your assessment that the Chargers are only a playoff team because of there division laughable. Now if we had a head coach that could win a game in the playoffs....well thats another story entirely. But lets stop this silliness now.

:tup: my thoughts exactly. I'd love to hear some reasoning behind those statements. I doubt one will be posted though. :wacko:

just let me know how confident you are in your defense. Been away from comp so couldnt reply. I am a defense guy, your offense can get by w/o V Jax, but defense wins championships and yours is hobbled. Too may players missing from the good ol days of a few years ago and the ones that stayed seem to need roids to be able to hang (cheap shot on Merriman I know). Good thing SD is by Tijuanna. LOLuck. :tup:

your defense is cashed out. playoffs, yes. championship caliber deffense that was once there, gone, nope nada.

Agreed. The once feared run defense that would gobble up RB's like pigeons on a loaf of bread, has been gone for 2 years now. I fully expected a resurgence with the hiring of former DCOTY Ron Rivera. Alas, some character issues with recent draft picks and just horrible play has left what was once a feared defense into one that is a major crutch (hello 8-8 season? ahem). At any rate, there are some very promising rookies and 2nd year players that are going to improve that woeful defense this year. McNeil or no McNeil.

I like the fantasy numbers from the Chargers offense, I just know that defense since Wade left is declining. SD will need Rivers to score 30 to beat teams like the Browns (last year 30-23). I was a Merriman/Castillo fan but the off the field activity and steriod cloud followed by declining play has me suspect. Cromartie is gone and the DBs long for the day of Rodney Harrison's stellar play as a Charger. But I do believe the offense will carry the team to one more division title this year (if only Oakland could find another John Madden to turn the 'born losers' into winners).

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Don't feel bad for the Chargers defense. All we lost was Cromarte. He was a cancer in the locker room and wouldn't tackle people. At least Cason will do that. Most orthopedic surgeons will tell you that it takes longer than a year to recover from the kind of surgery Merriman had. I look for him to rebound this year. The rest of the linebacker corp is a nice mix of veterans (Cooper, Burnett, Phillips) and younger players (Applewhite, Butler, English, Siler). The defensive line used a rotation last year (Castillo, Bingham, Boone, Cesaire, Garay, Johnson, Martin, Nwagbuo) that was effective in at least limiting the opposition's running game. Thomas has been added, and I look for more of the same this year. Returning at safety are Gregory, Oliver, and Weddle while Spillman and the newly-drafted Stuckey will compete for playing time. Stellar defense? Probably not. But considering our offense (VJax or no VJax) I think it will suffice.

Edited by Chargerz

I guess you are trying to say I am retarded again? It is a statement used when playing cards with strangers. I do not expect you to understand retard, though. :wacko:

I think what throws people off is the capitalized LOL...so are you chuckling when you are saying this. Example: You drafted who in what round bro? LOLuck with that. If so, not a bad new huddlism.