[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For Unta

Jimmy Neutron

When I get to North Carolina again, I would not be opposed to a pilgrimage.

I would wish you joy and peace this season, but we both know how redundant that wish has now become. Welcome, friend.

There will be BBQ and a vertical of Immort waiting for you.

Though, I'm most fired up about doing pizzas on it. We have a great dough recipe and often host pizza parties where everyone has to bring toppings. Given the food-centric nature of our friends, those toppings can get rather baller. At any rate, we have a stone but our oven only gets to about 550 or so. The Egg? they say about 800. Last night I brought our stone out to see if it fits on the grill. If you didn't know otherwise, you'd have guessed it was made for it. Any bigger and it would be a pain to get on and off. Any smaller and you'd wish it was, well, bigger.

I'm having a 12 lb Ossabaw pork rack delivered from a local farmer tomorrow, going to brine it up and cook that delish little baby in there on Friday. :wacko:

There will be BBQ and a vertical of Immort waiting for you.

Though, I'm most fired up about doing pizzas on it. We have a great dough recipe and often host pizza parties where everyone has to bring toppings. Given the food-centric nature of our friends, those toppings can get rather baller. At any rate, we have a stone but our oven only gets to about 550 or so. The Egg? they say about 800. Last night I brought our stone out to see if it fits on the grill. If you didn't know otherwise, you'd have guessed it was made for it. Any bigger and it would be a pain to get on and off. Any smaller and you'd wish it was, well, bigger.

I'm having a 12 lb Ossabaw pork rack delivered from a local farmer tomorrow, going to brine it up and cook that delish little baby in there on Friday. :wacko:

Life is good.

Amazing. It's going to take some practice getting the temp control down. It seems like steering a plane. You need to make little adjustments and wait for it to catch up. I was yoyo-ing the the temp all over the place because I kept either shutting it down or opening it up too much. This will come in time. None the less, everything came out delicious. 12 lb bone-in pork loin, brined and rubbed, roasted over a raft of root veggies and shallots. After about an hour, I pulled the pan out and put the meat directly on the grill, then after I pulled the roast off, shut it down and put the veggies back on to finish. Thing stayed 250-300 for a while despite the near-freezing temps outside.

Crazy thing is that I really didn't use that many coals and have a bunch left over in there for next time. This despite getting 2 full hours of cooking out of it.

Amazing. It's going to take some practice getting the temp control down. It seems like steering a plane. You need to make little adjustments and wait for it to catch up. I was yoyo-ing the the temp all over the place because I kept either shutting it down or opening it up too much. This will come in time. None the less, everything came out delicious. 12 lb bone-in pork loin, brined and rubbed, roasted over a raft of root veggies and shallots. After about an hour, I pulled the pan out and put the meat directly on the grill, then after I pulled the roast off, shut it down and put the veggies back on to finish. Thing stayed 250-300 for a while despite the near-freezing temps outside.

Crazy thing is that I really didn't use that many coals and have a bunch left over in there for next time. This despite getting 2 full hours of cooking out of it.

I had the same problems at first. As others have said, it's easier to get it hotter than to cool it down.