[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The best BBQ joint in your area

rajncajn

Super Smokers use to be like Bandanas but they expanded too quickly and had to close all their places but the 2 you spoke of - Eureka and St. Peters. I like their sauces and buy them occasionally.

That was when they apparently brought on one of the original owners of Bread Co. to help with that expansion. Too much too soon. I forget how my Dad knows one of the guys (Skip) who started it, but their ribs, with a side of fried okra... my mouth is watering right now. Too bad they had to close shop to recover from that, to get back on their feet. But at least they are back on their feet now. Hope they stay open. And Bandana's isn't bad, I just think they use sauce too much to cover up the meat, instead of enhancing it (as I sound like some kind of bbq connoisseur :wacko: ). Like Lil Mickey's BBQ... the pulled pork can be eaten with very little sauce. They do good stuff there too.

Might have to get some on the way home from work tonight now...

Market Bar-B-Que

One of Minneapolis’s oldest restaurants still in the same family, Market is the only barbecue in the Twin Cities that cooks (over hickory, apple, oak, and cherry woods) in a real brick pit, the way purists insist delivers the true barbecue experience. It works. The spareribs, baby backs, and brisket have the telltale pink ring, a reaction indicative of the true smoking process. The chicken has a crisp exterior and a light smoky flesh that is astonishingly moist. Meats are served dry, with squeeze bottles of “classic” and “hot” sauce on the tables. If you are looking for real-deal toothsome pork ribs and melt-in-your-mouth brisket, this is the place.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, they are pretty much a 1c around here. Not to mention you order in a gas station/convenience store.

Yeah, we waited an hour in line just to order. The ribs were awesome and I enjoyed their chicken gumbo as well. We rolled out of there - so much food.

Yeah, they are pretty much a 1c around here. Not to mention you order in a gas station/convenience store.

Brobecks was damn good too. The sauces might be better elsewhere, but the smoke level in the ribs at Brobecks is awesome. The brisket at OK Joes was outstanding. Waiting in line sucked.

I went into BBQ withdrawal after leaving KC. We have nothing even close in Portland. Best BBQ place in town is owned by Snoop Dogg's uncle and that is, by far, the best thing about the place.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

• 2 weeks later...

My Uncle is in town from Connecticut and we were heading to Pappys in downtown StL but the interstate was shut down so we stayed on our side of the river and headed to 17th Street Bar and Grill. Boy am I glad we did. The owner of this place is like the BBQ Yoda! http://17thstreetbarbecue.com/

Chowed down at a Dad's BBQ in Pittsburg, CA this week and was pleasantly surprised. It was a little dive and the family working there was from Mississippi and brought a little southern bbq to northern Cal. Ribs, chicken and sauce were all quite good. Mac and cheese was good to boot.

My Uncle is in town from Connecticut and we were heading to Pappys in downtown StL but the interstate was shut down so we stayed on our side of the river and headed to 17th Street Bar and Grill. Boy am I glad we did. The owner of this place is like the BBQ Yoda! http://17thstreetbarbecue.com/

If you want to barbecue at home then using his book, Peace, Love and Barbecue is the best place to start. Mike Mills is hands down the most knowledgeable guy on BBQ that I have ever met.

If you want to barbecue at home then using his book, Peace, Love and Barbecue is the best place to start. Mike Mills is hands down the most knowledgeable guy on BBQ that I have ever met.

Am going back for my birthday in a week and will be nudging to get that for a present. BTW, am trying your deconstructed french onion soup tonight!

I can't believe you put Bandanas in the same post as Pappys. JMO though. :wacko:

Also here in STL (actually just outside in St. Charles/West County) are Super Smokers, and my next door neighbor's place Lil Mickey's out here in the "stix" of an STL 'burb. Both are about 10 mins from my house. The Eureka location for SS's is near Six Flags so if you come in town and make a vacation of it with kids in tow, you can hit both on the same day. Ribs are wicked good. The guys that own Super Smoker's won some ribbons down in some of the Memphis in May festivals over the years. They're both good spots though.

http://lilmickeysbbq.com/index2.html

http://www.supersmokers.com/

Nice a couple other STL posters - I don't know Mickey's I'll have to try that some time.

Kansas City has so many.

1a. Gates

1b. Arthur Bryants

And then a ton of others. It's really hard to find bad BBQ here.

I'm going to be in KC in a week or two - I was there in June and came back pretty disappointed - not awful, but not mouth-watering jaw-dropping awesome I expected. I forget the first two places I was taken to but I wasn't all that impressed. Oklahoma Joe's saved the trip, although I wouldn't call it outstanding. Hopefully these can salvage the reputation for me.

I don't know of a single bbq joint in Pittsburgh other than the large chains. I know there are some very small places around somewhere I don't know of them at all. I crave some good bbq at times but none to be found here unless the neighbor is cooking.

Time to edit:

Wife was reading over my shoulder as she passed by and said that Pittsburgh BBQ is great. Her and my sister happened to have had lunch there today and my wife says that we will be heading there tomorrow. She said it will become on of my favorites in about 20 seconds.

Edited by Skippy

• 5 weeks later...
Dusty's Near Emory University in Atlanta. As close to NC BBQ as you can get outside of Lexington.

Holy, diaper dirt, I was gonna give you the link... It's closed :wacko:

Here's the link anyway, great stuff. http://www.yelp.com/biz/dustys-barbecue-restaurant-atlanta

Try Fatt Matt's Rib Shack down by Ansley Park. Great Ribs and chicken and live blues on weekends.