[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early thoughts on over/underrated players?

BeeR

good lord that's much more work than I care to put in to pick a Tight freakin end

lol was thinkin that - and not even a top TE

I think LT is overrated. He'll be lucky to get 1000 total yds this year.

So is Carlson. pblblblblt.

Do you have any solid proof he has actually committed to returning?

Chilly is on his hands and knees begging and Favre is dodging training camp.

Sounds like "situation normal" to me. :wacko:

I will diaper dirt myself happily to land Carlson as my staring TE any day of the week.

That shouldn't be a problem. Mock Draft Central has him going somewhere near the 20th TE in PPR drafts. I think that seems low; but I'd imagine his value near the start of the season will largely be perceived as a borderline starting/backup TE.

That shouldn't be a problem. Mock Draft Central has him going somewhere near the 20th TE in PPR drafts. I think that seems low; but I'd imagine his value near the start of the season will largely be perceived as a borderline starting/backup TE.

:wacko: Man I don't remember writing that. That was some damn good vodka. At any rate, I have Carlson at #13 in PPR leagues with upside to crack the top 10. As my second TE in a 32 team PPR league, I'm pretty damned happy.

Steve Smith looks to be a great PPR draft selection per ADP this year. The hype on H.Nicks makes Smith a nice WR target that looks to be falling to the bottom of the 3rd, and sometimes even 4th round.

And if Hicks lives up to the expectations, I think it only helps Steve Smith. Either way, he'll be the guy that moves the chains and gets the receptions. So he isn't a massive TD guy... That's fine, because I think he's a lock to get 100 receptions year in and year out.

I <3 vodka

me 3. the only booze i will drink anymore. I love it with v8 splash (strwberry kiwi or berry blend)

I used the cheat sheets for determining if underrated or overrated, if they should be ranked that high/low. I wasn't considering past performance just possible future results compared to the cheat sheets.

under-Matt Moore, I think this guy will be a very servicable QB, and will get the other WR's in Carolina involved, especially w/ Smitty missing reps in the first two weeks.

over-CJ, just to many carries in 09, the Diva attitude and the unhappy camper situation, still top 5 RB back, but consensus # 1-no way.

• 2 months later...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...rtightends.html

Tight end John Carlson was going to be one of the featured parts of Jeremy Bates offense.

And to be fair, he still might be. The Seahawks signed Chris Baker as a free agent with the idea of getting Carlson off the line of scrimmage and out into routes.

In terms of his receiving skills, Carlson is a B-plus to an A-minus among NFL tight ends. As a blocker, though, he's about average.

Now, that is not a condemnation of Carlson so much as truthful diagnosis of his skill set. He is diligent and hard working and he's sought to get stronger to improve his blocking, but that's never going to be his strength.

By moving him into the slot, the idea was to accentuate his strengths. Through two exhibition games, he has caught one pass for 6 yards

Jeremy Maclin underrated...Greg Jennings overrated

Dustin Keller underrated...Jason Witten overrated

Ahmad Bradshaw, Darren Sproles AND Ladanian underrated this year...Ryan Grant overrated

Greg Jennings is underrated a lot imo, but DJax is overrated while Maclin is underrated as well..

I agree with the underrated players except LT though.....and I don't even see why Grant warrants even a top 15 spot..

Beanie Wells=Overrated. Everyone is riding his nuts and don't remember the fact that he's fragile.

Steve Smith NYG=Underrated. The guy is a reception machine and doesnt get nearly the attention he deserves.

I remember people saying the same thing about how fragile AP was.... It's professional football. They teach you how to run safe then when they were college lackies!

And regarding Smith, unless Eli somehow becomes his brother, I see Smith being very erratic.

Underrated = Pierre Thomas - Was last year and still is. He will produce some nice numbers noth having goal line leaches (other than Bush)

Overrated = Reggie Wayne - To much talent on that receiving core and he's getting OLD. Collie also has routes that are something of beauty.

Greg Jennings is underrated a lot imo.....and I don't even see why Grant warrants even a top 15 spot..

Jennings is rated, IMO - I don't see anyone who thinks he won't be a 1000-1200 yd WR, the only issue is his td totals are inconsistent.

Grant is also a "he is what he is" - 1200 yd rusher, should be at or near double digits in tds; not much of a receiving threat but pretty efficient with limited touches in a pass-first offense.

Edited by Chavez

Overrated

Beanie Wells - injury prone

LeSean McCoy - I foresee 3 yards and a cloud of dust this year for this cat.

Reggie Bush - Always overrated. Great dancer.

DeSean Jackson - Top 10? With a new QB? Not.

Kevin Kolb - See above. I see him going in the top 10 in some drafts..usually before 12-13.

Roy Williams - he's not going very high this year but I've felt this guy sucked for the last several years.

Underrated

David Garrard

Leon Washington

Terrell Owens *for once, I feel like this guy might be going too low in drafts

Lee Evans - they have to throw to SOMEONE in Buffalo, right?

Derrick Mason - ALWAYS underrated.

Jerricho Cotchery - Braylon Edwards couldn't catch a cold. JC is the one WR on that team in weeks 1-4 who can catch.

Dustin Keller - may finish the season as the Jets leading receiver.

I'm obviously high on the Eagles this year LOL. All this is just my $.02.

Jennings is rated, IMO - I don't see anyone who thinks he won't be a 1000-1200 yd WR, the only issue is his td totals are inconsistent.

Grant is also a "he is what he is" - 1200 yd rusher, should be at or near double digits in tds; not much of a receiving threat but pretty efficient with limited touches in a pass-first offense.

I still think Jennings is a top 5 WR and he was extremely unlucky on quite a few plays where he would have had at least 3 or 4 more TD's than what he had...

I expect Rodgers to click with Jennings this year which would make him a steal as a 5-10 rated WR....

Greg Jennings is underrated a lot imo, but DJax is overrated while Maclin is underrated as well..

I agree with the underrated players except LT though.....and I don't even see why Grant warrants even a top 15 spot..

Jennings is consistently in the top 10 from all the rankings i've seen. don't see how he can be that much underrated. DJax can't be covered. Disagree with you there as well.

LMAO. Tomlinson's ADP in PPR is 109 and 41 for RB's. He is being UNDERvalued. BeeR, you don't like LT because he won't get 1000 yards? Well, no chit. I figure he's good to near 200 touches. The GL carry distribution is still up in the air... Greene or Tomlinson? LT is most definitely undervalued right now. If he gets the GL carries...

Kolb makes me nervous... over valued.

TO- Getting a lot of targets, could be a SoD

M Turner going too late. I just got him at 2.02 in a 12 team redraft with 2 keepers, although his ADP is about where it should be.

Addai is undervalued, especially in PPR. When it counts, he'll be in there. Brown is overvalued.

Sims-Walker is under, so is S Moss.

Call me crazy, but I think Lee Evans is under valued. He'll never be more than a very inconsistant WR3, but if you stick with him, he'll have several of those monster weeks.

LMAO. Tomlinson's ADP in PPR is 109 and 41 for RB's. He is being UNDERvalued. BeeR, you don't like LT because he won't get 1000 yards? Well, no chit. I figure he's good to near 200 touches. The GL carry distribution is still up in the air... Greene or Tomlinson? LT is most definitely undervalued right now. If he gets the GL carries...

LT isn't about just not getting 1000 yds, he couldn't get out of his own way. And in a strong passing offense he caught all of 20 balls. Now on a run-based team with a cash cow like Greene around he's getting 200 touches? Riiiiight.

He's worth a late round flyer but no more, and that only because as you say he might (might) still be effective at the goal line - but then again so will Greene.

Edited by BeeR