[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stats or Gut Feeling

Wpob

Last year I had a strong gut feeling that McFadden and Ray Rice would blow up, taking them both well ahead of their ADP. Guess I got lucky. This year I plan to use stats for the first few rounds and go with gut to hit the mid-round jackpot. Missing with round 1-3 pick is hard to recover from.

Edited by mrip

Prepare, research, experience and your gut, then wait for the one owner who changes the flow of the draft and the order of picks with that one pick outta nowhere.
Is that the strategy behind welching a league champ out of his winnings?
:tup: Long tine no see.

:wacko:

Need to settle up, and start the road back to clearing the slate.

Settle up, fine. You don't get a slap on the back for that. The slate has been stained. Aint no clearing it. When a commish does what you did, it makes people very leery of joining on line leagues, so it wasn't just the league you walked away from or your rep you damaged. Long time Huddlers are respected and trusted. You tainted THAT rep too. Hope you learned something here. Huddlers would have understood difficulties, but not a disappearance. If what you say is true, I might have quietly "settled up" before posting. But, that's just me...

Settle up, fine. You don't get a slap on the back for that. The slate has been stained. Aint no clearing it. When a commish does what you did, it makes people very leery of joining on line leagues, so it wasn't just the league you walked away from or your rep you damaged. Long time Huddlers are respected and trusted. You tainted THAT rep too. Hope you learned something here. Huddlers would have understood difficulties, but not a disappearance. If what you say is true, I might have quietly "settled up" before posting. But, that's just me...

Amen :wacko:

I really say this without animosity....but you'll probably have better luck "clearing the slate" on a new site, where everybody doesn't know that you are a dishonorable thief. :wacko:

Good info here.

I guess you're a better man that me; I'll never play in a league with him again

I wouldn't either...that shipped has sailed. But given that fact that he could have disappeared forever, and that there was no reason to come back and pay him other than either (1) guilt or (2) realizing its the right thing to do, then some props have to be given, even if they are small ones.

And without knowing the story (nor caring at this point), something major must have been going on for it to get to that point. he didn't just decide after 18 months (or whatever) too pay up....mostly, he made way too many mistakes to even list (spending the league money, hiding, etc) ....but at least he's doing the right thing now.