[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Steve Spagnuolo for real ?

MustOfBeenDrunk

why kill your young QB when the OL has little to no stability? I agree with this move for the reasons mentioned above....

And usually a young QB needs more time to learn the system before being thrown to the wolves.

the most important thing for a rebuilding team is to be able to get first downs. w/o first downs - how is the offense going to get any experience beyond practice? the stronger the rest of the team gets, the better chance Bradford will have

the most important thing for a rebuilding team is to be able to get first downs. w/o first downs - how is the offense going to get any experience beyond practice? the stronger the rest of the team gets, the better chance Bradford will have

and AJ gives them this chance ?

He hasn't been on the field since 2007

and AJ gives them this chance ?

He hasn't been on the field since 2007

but he is familiar with the pro game. i am not saying it'll last long - but it does make sense. And... until the team gets a couple of those first downs and starts growing - the guy behind center will be nothing more than a punching bag

let bradford get his mind right and his shoulder ready for some hard hits in the 2011 season. no need to rush him out there.

That would be the right thing to do if you were looking out for Bradford but Sprag's comment was " We'll do first what's right for the team and second what's right for Sam." :wacko:

Ok I'm done :tup: in this thread :tup: none of you guys are biting today

If I were a HC in the NFL, a rookie QB would be banished to the bench for the entirety of his rookie season. The game is too quick and the learning curve is too steep, plus the kid has to deal with vets besides - especially in the huddle. The only possible exception would be if the team had virtually no holes anywhere else, had strong vet team-oriented leadership, and the kid was undeniably special.

Nice to see Spagnuolo use some common sense instead of watching a young kid get crushed with a weak team while learning under fire.

Edited by Bronco Billy

If I were a HC in the NFL, a rookie QB would be banished to the bench for the entirety of his rookie season. The game is too quick and the learning curve is too steep, plus the kid has to deal with vets besides - especially in the huddle. The only possible exception would be if the team had virtually no holes anywhere else, had strong vet team-oriented leadership, and the kid was undeniably special.

Nice to see Spagnuolo use some common sense instead of watching a young kid get crushed with a weak team while learning under fire.

I get this but I still believe that no matter how long you sit on the side lines you are still a rookie when you first step on the field. No matter if you sit for 1 or even 2 years your are still not going to be that much further along than if you take the field out of the gate. There is no comparison to actual game play. Sure if you sit you will get some reps during preseason but that is the only true experience you will gain. Of course no one wants to see a young kid take the kind of punishment that Troy Aikman took in his 1st season.

Holy Moly. Is this "reason" I sense here?

I'm from STL, and post quite a bit on our board on STLtoday.com. We have too many to count who believe Bulger was the problem, the OL was actually pretty decent last year (in various forms - pre-injuries, during injuries, and then when recovering from injuries). In no way do I completely absolve Bulger from having a part in the fiasco known as the Rams for the past few years, but to say he's no good, has no talent, and nobody should sign him?

In your opinions - seriously - what say the rest of you about him? I've been called an "Apologist" like being called an (insert dirty word). Again, I don't absolve him, but that OL was AWFUL the past few years! I've pretty much had enough posting on there thanks to comments like this. FWIW, of ALL of the memorabilia I have collected, Rams included, I think I have 2 Marc Bulger football cards and that's it. So it's not like I've been riding his jock for 6 years or anything...

EDIT:

for example:

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=729702

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=729053

Edited by lennykravitz2004

Holy Moly. Is this "reason" I sense here?

I'm from STL, and post quite a bit on our board on STLtoday.com. We have too many to count who believe Bulger was the problem, the OL was actually pretty decent last year (in various forms - pre-injuries, during injuries, and then when recovering from injuries). In no way do I completely absolve Bulger from having a part in the fiasco known as the Rams for the past few years, but to say he's no good, has no talent, and nobody should sign him?

In your opinions - seriously - what say the rest of you about him? I've been called an "Apologist" like being called an (insert dirty word). Again, I don't absolve him, but that OL was AWFUL the past few years! I've pretty much had enough posting on there thanks to comments like this. FWIW, of ALL of the memorabilia I have collected, Rams included, I think I have 2 Marc Bulger football cards and that's it. So it's not like I've been riding his jock for 6 years or anything...

EDIT:

for example:

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=729702

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=729053

he had some great years but too many years of a bad oline and his being made of glass left him gunshy imho. His last couple years he did not seem to be playing to win - but rather playing not to get hurt. He just came across as playing scared to me and as soon as that happens (playing QB or RB) you're done

I think this is good news for Bradford. If the Rams season is in the toilet and he's been playing well in practice I'm fine with him starting after the week 9 bye. While I agree with BB that I'd personally bench a rookie for a full year, I know the NFL is pretty impatient. Giving him two weeks to prepare and waiting until week 10 is at least a decent strategy. I think Bradford is legit but any QB that gets killed enough early in his career can start to hear footsteps.