[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Board Mock #1

DMD

Starting on July 5th morning, I would like to kick off the first mock draft.

The mock is on MFL on this page.

and the scoring is standard performance and can be seen on this page.

This will be a 12 team draft for 16 roster spots.

Starting lineup is QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, PK and DEF with a flex (RB, WR, TE).

If you want a team, claim it with the password of "huddle1" and change the team name and password. Try to be available within three or four hours between picks and the ability to check on the mock during the day is a major plus if not a requirement barring preselects.

See ya Monday morning... preselects are ALWAYS welcomed...

I knew I forgot to pre-select so I came in panicked that I was holding everyone up. Only to find out the 1st pick hasn't been made yet. It's still early...

Question...with the flex player does that mean this is a 10 player starting lineup? Can you start 3 RBs or 4 WRs with the flex?

Yes sir

right now that's the strongest duo by far....

getting Brees that late in the 2nd was a steal...

MJD was sorta mortal over the 2nd half of the season last year...

over the final 8 games of the year he saw his fantasy points scored decrease by 28%...still top ten but as usual I am

going to be a bit pesimistic with regards to MJD.

MJD was sorta mortal over the 2nd half of the season last year...

over the final 8 games of the year he saw his fantasy points scored decrease by 28%...still top ten but as usual I am

going to be a bit pesimistic with regards to MJD.

he could have Rice or MJD....either one coupled with Brees is a nasty duo imo...

edit:...and Sidney Rice?....not a bad trio...

Edited by Avernus

Picking from the 7 spot: Great position to look for value, and fun to draft from, but presents a tough choice in the first round.

Rd1 Turner If the top 6 hold to form, 7th spot is a tough one in my eyes. I considered SJax (injury concern), DeAngelo (JStew concern), and Rodgers (wanted to wait on QB), or a WR (not really feeling anyone not named AJ here).

Rd2 DWill Considered RWhite (didn't want to go all in w/ ATL) and Brees but feel alot better about the value of DWill here giving me a solid RB foundation.

Rd3 SSmith NYG Time to look WR, maybe not great value but I felt like this version of SS is one of the safer ones in this tier.

Rd4 Brady See a fairly big drop off after Brady in QB. Really thought he and Schaub would be gone after the turn, so I was planning to snag one of several attractive RBs remaining as a RB3 (Addai, Benson, Pierre, Beanie, or even a JStew CAR tandem) but a RB run and no clear cut WR choice lead me to QB.

Very happy with my roster in this format to date:

1.8: Randy Moss: ADP suggests I wait for him but in a PPR league, with Brady at full strugnth (so they say) made this pick a no-brainer

2.5: Jamaal Charles: A steal this late. He's ranked in the top 10 in every format

3.8: Steve Smith: Why has he fallen so far in so many drafts? Broken arm? He'll be ready to go full speed week 1.

4.5: Stew: Now seriously....was there ever any doubt?

3.8: Steve Smith: Why has he fallen so far in so many drafts? Broken arm? He'll be ready to go full speed week 1.

4.5: Stew: Now seriously....was there ever any doubt?

Steve Smith is one of those guys that never seems to get respect as a potential elite WR. But I think this year, with the broken arm and a relatively unproven QB situation, people are a little more gun shy. I don't think he's fallen that far in this draft though, as he would have been an early 3rd without the broken arm IMO. I think he may fall as far as early-mid round 4 in my main local. I expect he'll be a good value pick in general this year.

And no, there was never any doubt whatsoever that you were taking Stewart.

Through 4 picks, I feel pretty good about my team:

1. Reggie Wayne - Consistent production one an elite offense with an elite QB throwing him the ball

2. Brandon Marshall - Obviously a risky pick, but he is a rare talent who fixes to be an important weapon for Miami. Plus, I like Henne to bust out this year.

3. Pierre Thomas - Entrenched as starting RB (though may lose some goalline work).

4. Joseph Addai - Still the starting RB on one of the most potent offenses in the league...

Two elite WRs and two starting RBs (both of whom get decent work in the passing game) on two top offenses... I'll take it!

:wacko:

Which pick are talking about?

Fred Jackson and Dallas Clark come to mind :tup:

It's always fun knowing you are 2-3 picks away from a guy only to see him AUTOMATICALLY get sniped. It never gets old hahaha.