[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are your top 24 players for 2010?

captain77

1. cj

2. ap

3. mjd

(those can be in any order in my opinion)

4.rice

5. brees

6. gore

7.turner

8. rodgers

9. dangelo

10. andre johnson

11. p manning

12. s jackson

13. benson

14. fitz

15. moreno

16. mendenhall

17. grant

18. moss

19. schaub

20. s greene

21. brady

22. rivers

23. romo

24. calvin johnson

like i s said...this is a rough list but my first real look at how the draft may go.

any thoughts?

Edited by captain77

any thoughts?

=I think leaving Reggie Wayne off your list is insane. He is in my opinion, no worse than the number 3 receiver on the board. I actually have him as second behind Andre Johnson. Reggie doesn't take plays off like Randy Moss. He was within 5 points of Fitzgerald last year, and I have to think that with Leinart there will be a ever so slight dip in production from him. Losing Boldin won't help things either.

=Benson shouldn't be in the top 15 before his arrest. After that, I wouldn't have him in my top 24. He looked worn down during the last month. I don't think he can withstand a full work load for an entire season.

1. Ray Rice- I think Willis McGahee will do what LenDale White did from 08-09. Rice will get those TD's

2. Adrian Peterson

3. MJD

4. Chris Johnson-I think his frame and build was over worked, and rarely to players with all time years follow it up as well.

5. Aaron Rodgers-The best fantasy quarterback on the planet. Does what Brees and Manning cant: Score on the ground.

6. Steven Jackson

7. Frank Gore

8. Drew Brees

9. Andre Johnson

10. Reggie Wayne-Safest WR pick in the draft.

11. Randy Moss

12. DeAngelo Williams

13. Larry Fitzgerald

14. Ryan Grant

15. Rashard Mendenhall

16. Knowshon Moreno

17. Brandon Marshall

18. Peyton Manning

19. Michael Turner-Reminds me of post 400 carry Larry Johnson

20. Miles Austin

21. Beanie Wells

22. Tony Romo

23. Steve Smith NYG

24. Tom Brady

I also tend to think that Calvin Johnson gets ranked more on potential than anything else. He was awesome in 2008, don't get me wrong. And he has the potential to be a top 5 wr, but I think he needs to prove it for more than one season to get the rankings/hype he's getting from a lot of outlets.

I also tend to think that Calvin Johnson gets ranked more on potential than anything else. He was awesome in 2008, don't get me wrong. And he has the potential to be a top 5 wr, but I think he needs to prove it for more than one season to get the rankings/hype he's getting from a lot of outlets.

:wacko:

...don't get me wrong - I drink the Megatron Kool-Aid. But you're right - this is a big year for him and his critics.

=I think leaving Reggie Wayne off your list is insane. He is in my opinion, no worse than the number 3 receiver on the board. I actually have him as second behind Andre Johnson. Reggie doesn't take plays off like Randy Moss. He was within 5 points of Fitzgerald last year, and I have to think that with Leinart there will be a ever so slight dip in production from him. Losing Boldin won't help things either.

=Benson shouldn't be in the top 15 before his arrest. After that, I wouldn't have him in my top 24. He looked worn down during the last month. I don't think he can withstand a full work load for an entire season.

1. Ray Rice- I think Willis McGahee will do what LenDale White did from 08-09. Rice will get those TD's

2. Adrian Peterson

3. MJD

4. Chris Johnson-I think his frame and build was over worked, and rarely to players with all time years follow it up as well.

5. Aaron Rodgers-The best fantasy quarterback on the planet. Does what Brees and Manning cant: Score on the ground.

6. Steven Jackson

7. Frank Gore

8. Drew Brees

9. Andre Johnson

11. Randy Moss

12. DeAngelo Williams

13. Larry Fitzgerald

14. Ryan Grant

15. Rashard Mendenhall

16. Knowshon Moreno

17. Brandon Marshall

18. Peyton Manning

20. Miles Austin

21. Beanie Wells

22. Tony Romo

23. Steve Smith NYG

24. Tom Brady

my league's scoring...

6 pts for tds (12 pts for td's 50yds and over)

9 pts for td by a te

1 pt for every 25 yds (5 pts for 100 yds)

5 pts for 10 receptions...1 point for every rec after 10

we start:

qb, rb rb, wr wr, te, k, d

I agree with your list except for Steven Jackson. He is a very good running back but on a team right now thats trying to rebuild and get their act together..........

2. Adrian Peterson

3. MJD

6. Steven Jackson

7. Frank Gore

8. Drew Brees

9. Andre Johnson

11. Randy Moss

12. DeAngelo Williams

13. Larry Fitzgerald

14. Ryan Grant

15. Rashard Mendenhall

16. Knowshon Moreno

17. Brandon Marshall

18. Peyton Manning

20. Miles Austin

21. Beanie Wells

22. Tony Romo

23. Steve Smith NYG

24. Tom Brady

I agree with your list except for Steven Jackson. He is a very good running back but on a team right now thats trying to rebuild and get their act together..........

Which is why he's even better imo.

Your point is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned, because a lot of times great fantasy backs play on mediocre teams.

They will hand it to him on first and second down, and throw it to him on third. Sure - he might miss 2-3 games because of it - but his numbers the other weeks will be excellent.

my league's scoring...

6 pts for tds (12 pts for td's 50yds and over)

9 pts for td by a te

1 pt for every 25 yds (5 pts for 100 yds)

5 pts for 10 receptions...1 point for every rec after 10

we start:

qb, rb rb, wr wr, te, k, d

:wacko:

might as well be a TD only league

Wait... is this real? Or did I just go :tup:

28th for all positions. He's the no.10 WR in the rankings... With Leinart there instead of Warner, I think he's somewhere around 7ish.

I could see not considering him in the very top tier, but the guys floor/ceiling is so much higher then a lot of guys ranked ahead of him. Not trying to fish or anything but what is the logic behind the rank DMD? I feel that the loss of Warner leads to poorer QB play but also more targets overall and more garbage numbers so I feel it's a wash. Not to mention he does have a super elite skill set to help compensate. Hate to feel like I'm missing something major here, so please enlighten me kind sir.

Roddy White needs to be on there ahead of Brandon Marshall IMO...and Miles Austin.

And Knowson Moreno needs to crack 4 yds per carry and look quicker than Corel Buckhalter before

I give him that kind of respect.

Roddy White needs to be on there ahead of Brandon Marshall IMO...and Miles Austin.

And Knowson Moreno needs to crack 4 yds per carry and look quicker than Corel Buckhalter before

I think Buckhalter just got hurt.....oh wait, he didn't?...

...give it time...it's only a matter of...

I could see not considering him in the very top tier, but the guys floor/ceiling is so much higher then a lot of guys ranked ahead of him. Not trying to fish or anything but what is the logic behind the rank DMD? I feel that the loss of Warner leads to poorer QB play but also more targets overall and more garbage numbers so I feel it's a wash. Not to mention he does have a super elite skill set to help compensate. Hate to feel like I'm missing something major here, so please enlighten me kind sir.

:wacko: wait for the footnotes in the rankings closer to TC !!

Here are my rankings using standard scoring (1 PPR, 0.1 points per yard rush/rec, 0.04 points per yard passing, 6 pts per TD):

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Chris Johnson

3. MJD

4. Ray Rice

5. Frank Gore

6. Andre Johnson

7. Drew Brees

8. Reggie Wayne

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Randy Moss

11. Steven Jackson

12. Larry Fitzgerald

13. Ryan Grant

14. DeAngelo Williams

15. Brandon Marshall

16. Knowshon Moreno

17. Michael Turner

18. Rashard Mendenhall

19. Miles Austin

20. Peyton Manning

21. Jamaal Charles

22. Rpddy White

23. Calvin Johnson

24. Pierre Thomas

And for fun...

25. Steve Smith (NYG)

26. Greg Jennings

27. Tony Romo

28. Ryan Mathews

29. Sidney Rice

30. Marques Colston

31. Cedric Benson

32. Tom Brady

33. Steve Smith (CAR)

34. Joseph Addai

35. DeSean Jackson

36. Anquan Boldin

Edited by MTSuper7

Oh look, a charger fan trying to bag on Moreno...

Gone is the ZBS, and in is a power rushing attack, which plays to Moreno's strengths. He'll have your respect in just a few short months.

Any thought to LeSean McCoy cracking that top 24 list in a ppr league? I probably haven't been paying as much attention as I should be regarding him, but to me, it seems he could be a candidate for that group.

I'm not sure if he'll get enough redzone chances to merit that high of a ranking right now.