[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owens still a FA , Is he finished at 36 ?

Why no interest from any teams ?

I know all about his character problems of the past but I can't recall any issues the last couple years ?

Do scouts think he is done @ 36 ?

Is it mostly because of his past ?

Would you draft him as a WR2 / WR3 on your fantasy team if he gets picked up by the right team ?

I thought I read that there were teams interested in him, but he wasn't interested in THEM. :wacko:

Would I draft him if he got picked up by the "right" team? Yes, in the mid to late rounds but only for depth at WR.

I still believe he has something left in the tank.

He nearly got 1,000 total yards last year on one of the most god-awful teams I have seen in a long long time.

He beat Lee Evans in everything but TDs (he got 5 to Evan's 7)

And... you have to believe that playing in Buffalo after his years in San Fran and Dallas had to play into things a bit

(sure he played in Philly - but by and large, he has been a warm weather/dome player over his career)

He'll be on a team and he'll be productive - it'll all come down to who goes down in camp first.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I still believe he has something left in the tank.

He nearly got 1,000 total yards last year on one of the most god-awful teams I have seen in a long long time.

He beat Lee Evans in everything but TDs (he got 5 to Evan's 7)

And... you have to believe that playing in Buffalo after his years in San Fran and Dallas had to play into things a bit

(sure he played in Philly - but by and large, he has been a warm weather/dome player over his career)

He'll be on a team and he'll be productive - it'll all come down to who goes down in camp first.

I think he would most benefit from playing in Atlanta or Minnesota of there was an injury to one of the starters, but hopefully not to White or Rice for either team....

I think he would most benefit from playing in Atlanta or Minnesota of there was an injury to one of the starters, but hopefully not to White or Rice for either team....

Minny is REALLY interesting... except for the whole Chilly thing.

Atlanta is a good option too. You'd have to hope that Ryan is enough of a leader where TO wouldn't effect his developement

Heck... he'd be useful on Atlanta even w/o an injury. Its not like they have any blue chip recievers outside of White and maybe Gonzo.

Atlanta is a good option too. You'd have to hope that Ryan is enough of a leader where TO wouldn't effect his developement

Heck... he'd be useful on Atlanta even w/o an injury. Its not like they have any blue chip recievers outside of White and maybe Gonzo.

I think TO has changed enough to where he wouldn't impede the progression of Ryan...but for some reason, I thought they had a decent WR at the #2 spot...but I could be wrong...

regardless, TO could definitely help both teams out....and he could start for Atlanta now....and as for the Vikings, he could play but would need Berrian and/or Harvin to get hurt to get the playing time that he wants...

Wut-up with the Chiily thing ? is there bad history between the two ?

Chilly was OC when he was in Philly.. they didn't exactly play nice. If I remember correctly, there was a time when the two wouldn't even talk.

yeah, Chilly even made a snide remark to TO while passing by and he just snapped....

but at that point, the fire had already spread to the FO, Field, locker room etc. etc. and it was TO vs the coaching staff/FO...

with the way the NFL is, they'll sign TO to a 3yr deal and say "this is business and it always will be"

There are no receivers older than Owens in the NFL. Mason (36), Driver (35), Holt (34) and Ward (34) are winding down their careers and have not had the injury problems (nor attitude problems) that Owens has had. Plus Owens is expensive even at veteran minimum compared to someone who can help you more this year. I would expect he shows up on some team and underperforms even diminishing expectations.

There are no receivers older than Owens in the NFL. Mason (36), Driver (35), Holt (34) and Ward (34) are winding down their careers and have not had the injury problems (nor attitude problems) that Owens has had. Plus Owens is expensive even at veteran minimum compared to someone who can help you more this year. I would expect he shows up on some team and underperforms even diminishing expectations.

This is a false statement. Owens has typically missed time due to injuries, but he hasn't had the chronic knee problems that Holt and Driver (surgery's on both knees this offseason). The real issue is that Owens wants to start. He also is still trying to get paid 5 mill for this year. I don't see any chance of him getting 5 mill for this year, but he will get signed by someone before the year starts.

I think TO has changed enough to where he wouldn't impede the progression of Ryan...but for some reason, I thought they had a decent WR at the #2 spot...but I could be wrong...

regardless, TO could definitely help both teams out....and he could start for Atlanta now....and as for the Vikings, he could play but would need Berrian and/or Harvin to get hurt to get the playing time that he wants...

God help me I've been fantasizing about what a guy with TO's skillset could do for this offense this year.

Jenkins sucks, but he's the best we've got outside of RW. If Douglas can return back to pre-injury form, then it completely changes the dynamic of the offense with the speedy guy in the slot (maybe even ending up the #2 is the local speculation), and Meier could be a great fit too in the long-run; But in the short-term a guy like TO could help tremendously, even with diminished skills.

But aside from TO not likely to be coming here without an injury (or at least a pay-cut on his part), I don't see it happening after what went down with a certain thug that shall remain nameless.... It probably wouldn't hurt Ryan's development, but Smith have done a good job so far with limited talent by focusing on team chemistry and work ethic (i.e. Tony G), which are areas that I only see TO taking away from with his "me" attitude. (See recent NFLN interview. He hasn't changed at all.)

I'd rather we wait a year and draft a stud WR or maybe even get Randy Moss. Okay, now I'm really fantasizing ...

Recent quote from Rotoworld

Terrell Owens says it's the media's fault that he's currently still unsigned.

"I may do 99 good things right and if I do one thing wrong, ESPN and the people on there ... make it out to be the worst thing ever." Owens said.

Joey Galloway 37 :wacko:

"I may do 99 good things right and if I do one thing wrong, ESPN and the people on there ... make it out to be the worst thing ever." Owens said.

:wacko:

I'd pick him up cheap, but someone is going to see glory days of the past and overpay for him IMO.

And it's no secret who the villain on ESPN is. The term "Team Obliterater" comes to mind.

+1

I have my own word for him but that one is more kid friendly than mine.

exactly...it's simple and effective...

he's over the top and flails his arms in an attempt to grab everyone's attention as if he has anything of importance to say...

Minny doesn't need him at all IMO. Would just keep more talented players off the field and piss them off in the process.

if there was an injury...or two...they could sign him and it would work...

but I'd take any of their top 3 WR's over TO...maybe even top 4...