[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owens still a FA , Is he finished at 36 ?

I never cared for that guy, but his brother seems like a nice and genuine fella. I enjoy watching his cooking shows on PBS.

I have never seen him on TV, nor heard of him...

I wish it were the other way around and Skip never existed in my brain...

There will be a team that ends up picking him up on the cheap. Just like when Denver picked up Tony Dorset. Dorset was for the most part done, but Denver pick him up for name sake. He actually did okay averaging 3.9 yards and 5 TD's. Ownes will probably have 1 more good year and then become an analyst. I honestly think he would be a brilliant addition to broadcasting. Like Shannon Sharp or Terry Bradshaw. Big mouths always do well in broadcasting.

if there was an injury...or two...they could sign him and it would work...

but I'd take any of their top 3 WR's over TO...maybe even top 4...

I'm not much of a Berrian fan.

And... I could see (not that it would happen) Owens being a good boy and doing and saying all the right things if he every got on a Favre led Vikings team (at least for a year - not that he'd last much longer)

Earlier this year I thought Baltimore, but not now with Boldin there... As far as contenders, I can see San Diego (if V Jax issue explodes) or Atlanta (TO will have to take less than $5 million there). I can see him being paid by Cleveland or Oakland. What about Detroit along side Calvin Johnson?

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I'm not much of a Berrian fan.

And... I could see (not that it would happen) Owens being a good boy and doing and saying all the right things if he every got on a Favre led Vikings team (at least for a year - not that he'd last much longer)

I think Berrian isn't that good....but I still consider him better than TO at this point in time...

and even then, I like Harvin more than either of the two...

I have never seen him on TV, nor heard of him...

I wish it were the other way around and Skip never existed in my brain...

His brother Rick Bayless is more famous than Skip m(at least he used to be). His specialty is authentic Mexican cuisine.

http://www.fronterakitchens.com/

I have also heard that Rick doesn't really like his brother Skip.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Barring unforseen injuries, go division by division and you can guess where he might go. I am assuming he will only play for a winning team so some teams that could use him but have no shot at the playoffs I crossed out

AFC East - No across the board . (Jets, Pats, Bills, Dolphins)

AFC North - No across the board (Browns, Bengals, Steelers,Ravens)

AFC South - The Texans and Colts are a strong No. Owens could have value with Jaguars and Titans.

AFC West - He does not fit with rebuilding in Denver and KC. SD already said no. Oakland is a possibilitiy, but I think they are looking to develop the young WRs.

NFC East - No across the board (Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins)

NFC North - No across the board (Bears, Lions, Packers, Vikings)

NFC South - No to the Saints and Bucs. The Panthers and Falcons make sense.

NFC West - No across the board (Rams, 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks)

So we are down to possibly the Jaguars, Titans, Raiders, Panthers and Falcons. If I were owens, I would be calling these teams and asking for a two year contract with heavy incientives. I beleive all these teams could make the playoffs (some wont) but they all could benefit from Owens as a #2 or even more so as a #3.

Barring unforseen injuries, go division by division and you can guess where he might go. I am assuming he will only play for a winning team so some teams that could use him but have no shot at the playoffs I crossed out

AFC South - The Texans and Colts are a strong No. Owens could have value with Jaguars and Titans.

AFC West - He does not fit with rebuilding in Denver and KC. SD already said no. Oakland is a possibilitiy, but I think they are looking to develop the young WRs.

So we are down to possibly the Jaguars, Titans, Raiders, Panthers and Falcons. If I were owens, I would be calling these teams and asking for a two year contract with heavy incientives. I beleive all these teams could make the playoffs (some wont) but they all could benefit from Owens as a #2 or even more so as a #3.

well done :wacko:

I think he'd fit in well with the Panthers. Strong dominant presence in Steve Smith on the other side, and he can help the transition of LaFell.

I know the Panthers have young QBs, but this team belongs to Steve Smith and Jon Beason. No way TO blows it up IMO.

why assume he'll only play for a "winning" team? -he's coming from Buffalo.

the fact is T.O. has not missed alot of time due to injury. much has been made of his attitude in the media. i can't believe someone has'nt already snagged him.

From Rotoworld.:

According to Panthers LB Jon Beaston, there's "no way" free agent Terrell Owens could play for Carolina.

Owens would fill a gaping hole opposite Steve Smith, but the Panthers' "ownership and coaches believe that the locker room is important." In addition to valuing character more than most organizations, the Panthers are also hesitant to shell out money for veterans while going through a rebuilding phase. Beason is right.

I had really thought that Carolina seemed like a good fit for him too, but with this report you can probably scratch them off of the list too.

And I really don't think Atlanta feels any differently, barring injury or him lowering his asking price tremendously (we're unfortunately paying Jenkins $4 million, and members of the coaching staff reportedly have really high hopes for Douglas). So with Washington, Seattle, New England and tons of other teams publicly stating that they have no interest in signing him, one has to wonder if anyone is going to be willing to take a chance...

And his recent comparison of him to "Lebron", being willing to take a pay-cut to play for the Pats, probably isn't going to change anybody's mind that the guy simply has too high of an opinion of himself to be a "team player" if he's not catching a large share of the balls.

So we are down to possibly the Jaguars, Titans, Raiders, Panthers and Falcons.
Edited by delusions of granduer

I think he'd fit in well with the Panthers. Strong dominant presence in Steve Smith on the other side, and he can help the transition of LaFell.

I know the Panthers have young QBs, but this team belongs to Steve Smith and Jon Beason. No way TO blows it up IMO.

Yeah Steve would just puch TO in the jaw if there was a problem.

I heard Seattle is still in the picture if TJH is not 100 percent by camp.

Unbeleivably, it looks like the Rams and Bengals. If Owens wants the playoffs, he chooses the Bengals. If he wants stats and starter money, its the Rams.