[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Annual token Favre thread

BeeR

as long as the Twins are in contention, who cares? JK, you know Favre is returning. He will know when it is really time. I predict he will announce it during a post game speech sometime late this year, maybe even the playoffs. This is probably his last year.

After watching him pummeled in the NFC Championship last year, I am somewhat fearful for his safety in the future. Dude has been beating the odds for a loooooong time.

After watching him pummeled in the NFC Championship last year, I am somewhat fearful for his safety in the future. Dude has been beating the odds for a loooooong time.

and you know he has a BIG target on his back. every DT wants to pancake right on his throwing shoulder.

I think he's right around the 5-8 FF QB, as long as he can stay on the field. While I hate the way Fave has handled himself the last few years, I don't want to see him hurt. I fear that opposing teams are going to use the Saints low class game plan of hit him regardless if it's late or not over and over again. I also fear a bad injury. I don't think he'll ever leave on his own terms. I really think it will be a devestating knee injury or something along those lines that decides for him.

I think he's right around the 5-8 FF QB, as long as he can stay on the field. While I hate the way Fave has handled himself the last few years, I don't want to see him hurt. I fear that opposing teams are going to use the Saints low class game plan of hit him regardless if it's late or not over and over again. I also fear a bad injury. I don't think he'll ever leave on his own terms. I really think it will be a devestating knee injury or something along those lines that decides for him.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but how were the Saints low class. I don't recall there being a bunch of roughing the passer calls. Explain.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but how were the Saints low class. I don't recall there being a bunch of roughing the passer calls. Explain.

Nor do I... Actually, if I did have a dog in the fight, it would be the dog biting the Vikings and Favre. As a biased Packers homer and Favre hater even I knew and saw the cheap shots they were taking on Favre. Attacking his knees and ankles, hitting him late... The DC even came out and said they were going to do it prior to the game. I'll admit now that at the time I was laughing at Favre being down and hurt. It was low class for me to do, but I had some serious anger towards him for his non-sense. Half a year removed I can take the blinders off and say Favre was rocked all game, and I'd be willing to bet 6-8 times there should have been major penalties against the Saints.

I doubt you'd find an honest Saints fan that thought the game plan wasn't cheap. They tried to hurt Favre, and were more than willing to hit him after he had thrown the ball.