[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ppr players/general information

3rd and schlong

Well my leauge with my friends has gone to ppr this year, so I was wondering who you think are players that will stand out more specifically in this format (1 point per reception). Also its 6 points for a passing touchdown, does this mean that grabbing one of the main quarterbacks should be a bigger priority? Also are there any "expert" leagues that I can join that will take it more seriously? One last question, are there any good sites for mock drafts that include people that know what they are doing? (not like espn or yahoo). thanks.

PPR really helps the mid-level WRs and pass catching RBs. Like Hightower might have little to no value in a non-PPR, but since he's likely to catch 50+ passes this year, that really helps him. (No WashD, Stephens-Howling ain't taking his job despite rumors). You can see stats on which WRs and RBs catch a lot of passes.

Yes, take a QB that's ranked 3-6. The top QBs are too 'expensive' and there's no guarantee that the first QB taken will be the best anyways.

mock drafts: http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/

"expert" leagues. You might not want to put money in, but those are taken more seriously than free leagues. Go post in the "Looking for league" forum here to find a league.

I think this is pretty sound advice. Except I would point you toward Mock Draft central, since you have the option of drafting in several formats including standard PPR performance. Lots of d-bags at the calculator, though I do those mocks when I can't get into a more serious one, it is really tough to get a real idea since typically half or less of the mockers at the calc. are not drafting for PPR rules, unless they have made changes this year, haven't been there yet.

PPR really helps the mid-level WRs and pass catching RBs. Like Hightower might have little to no value in a non-PPR, but since he's likely to catch 50+ passes this year, that really helps him. (No WashD, Stephens-Howling ain't taking his job despite rumors). You can see stats on which WRs and RBs catch a lot of passes.

Yes, take a QB that's ranked 3-6. The top QBs are too 'expensive' and there's no guarantee that the first QB taken will be the best anyways.

mock drafts: http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/

"expert" leagues. You might not want to put money in, but those are taken more seriously than free leagues. Go post in the "Looking for league" forum here to find a league.

Yeah I have the jist of it, i was just wondering if there where any specific players that you guys would suggest. Good advice on the qb, i normally dont like taking on in the first 2-3 rounds anyways. And when I meant expert leagues I didnt mean like really tough ones that you have to pay for, mainly a chill group of guys who dont really wanan throw any money in (i have about 100 bucks in about 3-4 leagues) and just do it for bragging rights but still take it seriously. Thanks for the quick response.

I think this is pretty sound advice. Except I would point you toward Mock Draft central, since you have the option of drafting in several formats including standard PPR performance. Lots of d-bags at the calculator, though I do those mocks when I can't get into a more serious one, it is really tough to get a real idea since typically half or less of the mockers at the calc. are not drafting for PPR rules, unless they have made changes this year, haven't been there yet.

yeah i am gonna go try that now, the draft for my main leauge is on friday. Its an offline draft though at my friends house. 12 team, ppr, 6 points a passing td, head to head. starters are 1 qb, 1 rb, 1 wr, 1 te, 1 D, 1 K, 3 rb/wr/te flex. with 18 players on each team.

they have added PPR this year but still plenty of nitwits. I guesstimate about 50% of my mocks there are good

they have added PPR this year but still plenty of nitwits. I guesstimate about 50% of my mocks there are good

Then that is about a 40% improvement. :wacko:

mocking gives you a good overall indicator independant of where it's done.

what sucks is the opinionated schmucks that take rodgers first overall because the scoring in their league favors qbs. The problem, and they don't get this, is that 9 other people aren't drafting with this idiot's scoring in mind...

mocking gives you a good overall indicator independant of where it's done.

what sucks is the opinionated schmucks that take rodgers first overall because the scoring in their league favors qbs. The problem, and they don't get this, is that 9 other people aren't drafting with this idiot's scoring in mind...

I have mocked 1 team each of the past two days, and seen a qb go first overall both times. What mid round players do you guys think will have a big season in a ppr league?

I have mocked 1 team each of the past two days, and seen a qb go first overall both times. What mid round players do you guys think will have a big season in a ppr league?

Very good question schlong. Here's some completely over-hyped names from last year: Eddie Royal, Darren McBusten (this guy killed me last year), Davone Bess. Hopefully you get a solid list of names this year, just don't inflate their ADPs come draft day!

Mid-rounds eh...for WR3 I'll give you Hines Ward and Derek Mason. In my leagues these two fly under the radar in ppr, and rarely disappoint. They always contribute a solid stat line.

TE? Assuming he makes it thru camp, Owen Daniels could be a forgotten TE, especially in early drafts. Could be a ppr gem again.

RB? tough to call out a mid-round RB that will light it up...hyped RBs end up going earlier. Montario Hardesy would be my sneaky mid-round pick right now but hype might change where he goes. A solid guy I wish I took last year over McBusten is Tim Hightower. Again, not amazing, just a solid mi-round contributor.

Very good question schlong. Here's some completely over-hyped names from last year: Eddie Royal, Darren McBusten (this guy killed me last year), Davone Bess. Hopefully you get a solid list of names this year, just don't inflate their ADPs come draft day!

Mid-rounds eh...for WR3 I'll give you Hines Ward and Derek Mason. In my leagues these two fly under the radar in ppr, and rarely disappoint. They always contribute a solid stat line.

TE? Assuming he makes it thru camp, Owen Daniels could be a forgotten TE, especially in early drafts. Could be a ppr gem again.

RB? tough to call out a mid-round RB that will light it up...hyped RBs end up going earlier. Montario Hardesy would be my sneaky mid-round pick right now but hype might change where he goes. A solid guy I wish I took last year over McBusten is Tim Hightower. Again, not amazing, just a solid mi-round contributor.

I never really draft TE that high and I find myself taking Daniels alot actually. I like the ward pick, but im not quite as high on mason. Hightower is always a good pick for me in the later rounds. A little earlier on i love steve smith (nyg)