[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Vick and the benefits of getting cut.

tazinib1

Ok so this post has nothing to do with what a POS Vick is or not. I don't really care. What I'm gauging here is the value of the other Eagle players if Vick is, indeed, let go. I just traded for Kolb and rejected a trade involving Celek. If Vick is indeed cut, I see every offensive Eagle having a slight uptick in value this year. Vick was in line to see some red zone packages that would have eaten into alot of opportunities for the RB/TE/WR positions. I hope he gets cut...not because of anything else other than I want that uptick in value for my guys.

Ok so this post has nothing to do with what a POS Vick is or not. I don't really care. What I'm gauging here is the value of the other Eagle players if Vick is, indeed, let go. I just traded for Kolb and rejected a trade involving Celek. If Vick is indeed cut, I see every offensive Eagle having a slight uptick in value this year. Vick was in line to see some red zone packages that would have eaten into alot of opportunities for the RB/TE/WR positions. I hope he gets cut...not because of anything else other than I want that uptick in value for my guys.

Gets cut? Not likely, since they just handed him a check for $5M, and he was cleared of all involvement in the birthday shooting.

Gets cut? Not likely, since they just handed him a check for $5M, and he was cleared of all involvement in the birthday shooting.

Jul. 11 - 11:05 am et

Updating a previous item, despite the numerous denials by Eagles officials on the cutting of Michael Vick, there is talk that the Eagles could cut the troubled QB.

Per Rotoworld

While I know he has been cleared, he was recently denied permission to attend a Michael Vick celebrity golf tourney and a Vick summer camp and told to not leave the state. I would not be shocked at all if he was cut. That out of the way, does this have an impact on the value of the other Eagle offensive players enough to warrant attention?

Hmmmm...care to give a reason? I would think that a player that was to be given red zone opportunities and would no longer be doing so, would benefit the other players. What am I missing here.

Because I don't believe the reports that he was going to be an integral part of their red zone offense. :wacko:

Fair enough. :wacko:

And to add further detail: even if he was a part of some of their red zone packages, I don't think he'd steal THAT many TDs. What, mayyybe 4 TDs over the course of the season? So maybe Celek loses one TD, McCoy loses one, Jackson loses one? I won't adjust my rankings of those players based on Vick's role. JMHO

And to add further detail: even if he was a part of some of their red zone packages, I don't think he'd steal THAT many TDs. What, mayyybe 4 TDs over the course of the season? So maybe Celek loses one TD, McCoy loses one, Jackson loses one? I won't adjust my rankings of those players based on Vick's role. JMHO

That's more of what I was looking for. I will be screaming at the TV when the time comes I am down by 5-6 points and Vick gets the call.

I don't see vick getting much playing time, only if Kolb is a total disaster. He might get one or two looks in a game or a little in the redzone. I really do not think he drops the value of your players that much. Maybe drop kolb a little bit, but nothing too signifigant.

+1

I don't see vick getting much playing time, only if Kolb is a total disaster. He might get one or two looks in a game or a little in the redzone. I really do not think he drops the value of your players that much. Maybe drop kolb a little bit, but nothing too signifigant.

I honestly think they are holding onto Vick as an absolute fail safe. Plus, they absolutely love throwing a wrench into DC's schemes and Vick did a fabulous job of that last year.

I'm a hlder of Vick, not because I like his ethics, but because I see value in him. He now has a full year playing behind him, a full off season with a stable team and I absolutely think the Eagles have plans to use him, and allot. They didn't cut McNabb because they felt Kolb was going to be the next Arron Rogers, but in that Kolb can get it done and Vick can finalize it.

I see them using the two in tandum, as much as most here will 100% disagree with me.

Edited by BearBroncos