[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clinton Portis

hooknladder

....so Portis is a lock for close to 1000yds....and ALL the guys i have mentioned, that have'nt proven "squat" (rookies, new feature backs((who happen to be young :lol: )), could EASILY go <500yds/1..... :wacko:

:tup: .....last call for the better-late-than-never Portis bandwagon... :lol: ...-now boarding, BeeR :tup:

:lol:

Nothing but a bunch of smiley faces as a counter. Impressive.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....so Portis is a lock for close to 1000yds....and ALL the guys i have mentioned, that have'nt proven "squat" (rookies, new feature backs((who happen to be young :lol: )), could EASILY go <500yds/1..... :wacko:

:tup: .....last call for the better-late-than-never Portis bandwagon... :lol: ...-now boarding, BeeR :tup:

:lol:

There is good reason to not even respond to this post by BeeR. He never said Portis was any kind of lock for 1000 yards. Your words not his, and shows how you have to exagerate to make your opinion more tenable, in your own mind. This is what he said:

Meanwhile, the odds of Portis not getting at least close to 1000 are IMO small.

Go ahead, read it again. And again. One more time. Sinking in yet?

The weakest arguments ALWAYS over state the opposing viewpoint during a debate like this one. When one crosses that line, and starts to put words into another's mouth, it's really weak. It stops being about the player, it's about ego. Frankly, it's a pitiful display.

There is good reason to not even respond to this post by BeeR. He never said Portis was any kind of lock for 1000 yards. Your words not his, and shows how you have to exagerate to make your opinion more tenable, in your own mind. This is what he said:

Meanwhile, the odds of Portis not getting at least close to 1000 are IMO small.

Go ahead, read it again. And again. One more time. Sinking in yet?

The weakest arguments ALWAYS over state the opposing viewpoint during a debate like this one. When one crosses that line, and starts to put words into another's mouth, it's really weak. It stops being about the player, it's about ego. Frankly, it's a pitiful display.

"meanwhile, the odds of Portis not getting at least close to 1000(yds) are IMO small" -BeeR

_he never said he was any kind of lock for 1000yds.??? :wacko:

-and i replied -"....so Portis is a lock for close to 1000 yds...."?

-you must feel pretty stupid right now.

"meanwhile, the odds of Portis not getting at least close to 1000(yds) are IMO small" -BeeR

_he never said he was any kind of lock for 1000yds.??? :wacko:

-and i replied -"....so Portis is a lock for close to 1000 yds...."?

-you must feel pretty stupid right now.

Um no, but the more you post in this thread, the more convinced I am that you are learning diabled, possibly dyslexic. I feel compassion for your condition.Tthat is how I feel. There are treatments available however, so hope is not lost. Can you read this?

And I have no idea what you did with butchering the whole quote feature there. I believe there is a help forum to help you out with using such complicated site tools.

Um no, but the more you post in this thread, the more convinced I am that you are learning diabled, possibly dyslexic. I feel compassion for your condition.Tthat is how I feel. There are treatments available however, so hope is not lost. Can you read this?

And I have no idea what you did with butchering the whole quote feature there. I believe there is a help forum to help you out with using such complicated site tools.

...you must be really embarassed right now.... :wacko:

Yes, because you are a Jets fan. No wonder so many people hate Jets fans. I'm starting to hate Jets fans now too.

yeah,..except that i am not a Jets fan...i've been on these boards for a while now, and most huddlers know i am a Brown's fan....( BJ?) :wacko:

.........-Now You must REALLY feel stupid. :tup:

( See my sig line DUH !)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hooknladder

Um no, but the more you post in this thread, the more convinced I am that you are learning diabled, possibly dyslexic.

I'm not sure what learning "diabled' is :tup: but nothing is as funny as misspelling a word describing someone else as slow. :wacko: As for Portis and older running backs in general, Rovers said it's not rare for 30+ year old RB's to have good seasons. From a purely statistical standpoint, for purposes of fantasy football, I'd imagine you'd be hard pressed to put together a list of more than 40 RB's in the history of the NFL who put together seasons that would make them a viable starter for the season.Since I imagine that well over 1,000 players have lined up as starters at the position, it's probably a little more rare than most think. You need only look over the last few years at the unthinkable demise in production of Tomlinson, Holmes, Faulk, Alexander, etc.. I'm not quite as opposed to drafting Portis as Hook, but the value would have to incredible and I imagine it would be at the point in the draft where I'm just drafting RB's to take RB's off the board. Portis for me is a pick you take a shot with, maybe he has some value for trade or maybe you spot start him, but to think he's very likely to put together a 1,000 yard season is quite optimistic. When will you guys get it through your heads that the players like Curtis Martin, Ricky Watters, Barry Sanders, John Riggins, etc. are Hall of Famers (Martin definitely and I'd be shocked if Watters didn't make it) and represent the exception in the league. They're rare players and not everyone has the gifts and mental toughness to be that guy.

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Portis, RB WAS

News: Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said RB Clinton Portis has done well in the early stages of training camp. "I've been very impressed with Clinton, how he's handled himself in the offseason," Shanahan said. "He's in excellent shape coming into this camp. He's very natural at running the ball. He picks things up very quickly. He's football smart. And he's physical. So he's done everything that I was hoping that he would do, and hopefully he just keeps on getting better and better as times goes on. I've been impressed with him." Shanahan said the biggest thing for Portis coming into this year was his conditioning compared to last season. "As I shared with you, I shared with Clinton that I thought he had to get his weight down, he had to be in football shape, and I really wasn't sure what type of shape he was in. I wasn't here a year ago, but I knew he was injured and like I said, he's in excellent shape. So, he's going to give himself a chance to have an excellent year." Shanahan said Portis is down from 233 pounds last year to 218 now. "He is looking good," Shanahan said.

Analysis: Portis was named the starter heading into training camp, but he will have to hold off Larry Johnson and even Willie Parker for the job to start the season. We think Portis will bounce back this year after dealing with concussions in 2009, but he has to stay healthy. Portis is no longer an elite Fantasy RB, but he can still be a solid option. He should be viewed as a low-end No. 2/high-end No. 3 Fantasy option, and he's worth a mid-round pick in all formats.

Just sayin

Just sayin

while it's true Portis could enjoy a slight bounce-back (you really could'nt do much worse) i don't see a whole lotta value. let's not forget Portis was so badly concussed last year he had an extended bout of blurred vision. very serious. any given carry could be his last. -same for all backs (i know), but Portis's situation is particularly untenable.

while it's true Portis could enjoy a slight bounce-back (you really could'nt do much worse) i don't see a whole lotta value. let's not forget Portis was so badly concussed last year he had an extended bout of blurred vision. very serious. any given carry could be his last. -same for all backs (i know), but Portis's situation is particularly untenable.

I agree, he is one solid tackle away from reitrement, but...

With a coach that likes to run the ball hard, with a respectable QB that will demand teams honor the pass, and with a chip on his shoulder...you couldn't do much better than getting Portis as your late RB3 or RB4. He definitely presents some upside at that ADP.

blah blah blah.

However he is currently going for almost minimum in auction mocks and I'm all over him for that kind of price. FWP is all but gone (or is he already) and LJ will take some touches, but I can see Portis cracking 1000 once more, if only barely. No I wouldn't count on it to say the least, but again for a cheap price..............

Agreed 100%...for the right price, why wouldn't he be worth a shot?

I agree, he is one solid tackle away from reitrement, but...

With a coach that likes to run the ball hard, with a respectable QB that will demand teams honor the pass, and with a chip on his shoulder...you couldn't do much better than getting Portis as your late RB3 or RB4. He definitely presents some upside at that ADP.

i definitely can't see RB3, way to important. i guess Portis will be gone long before i would consider him. nope. i'll continue to draft youthful present and former 1st round draft picks in search of the next special, elite back.

Edited by hooknladder