[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What day do you print up your cheatsheets?

Chief Dick

Just curious what day everyone actually hits the print button and gets those cheatsheets on paper?

I try to vary my approach every year. Sometimes I will just print them up the day of the draft. Some years I print them up a month early just to study them. It really depends on my mood.

I have found in the past that printing them up on a Thursday tends to bring me better results. Just a weird coincidence I guess.

I print out a cheatsheet the 1st of Aug. I usually print out a new one two days before each of my re-drafts so that I can rearrange it on how I think it should be.

This year I will print out the day before for each re-draft and not rearrange because I have found that I am not very good at rearranging. :wacko:

I've missed one draft since 1988. I've always studied, rearranged, created my own rankings and so on. Net result has been three toilet bolw championships. This year I will print a cheat sheet right before each draft and trust my gut. It could not make me any worse.

I more or less use the huddle rankings. Probably print them out once a month over the summer and refer to them periodically online. Then I make sure to print out the latest version right before each draft.

That is not to say I use them line by line. Most importantly, I compare the Huddle to ADP and compile a value list that helps me target players likely over and under-valued

I usually print up anything FF related a couple of weeks prior to the draft & put into my FF binder. I know I"m not the only one with one. :wacko: Then usually the night before or the morning of the draft, I print out my cheatsheats.

Print? Ya know, a couple weeks back some smart guys invented these portable computer type things.

Yeah but crossing out the players drafted and highlighting targeted players kept messing up my monitor screen. :wacko: So I just started printing them again

I more or less use the huddle rankings. Probably print them out once a month over the summer and refer to them periodically online. Then I make sure to print out the latest version right before each draft.

That is not to say I use them line by line. Most importantly, I compare the Huddle to ADP and compile a value list that helps me target players likely over and under-valued

Sounds exactly what I do and it usually has great results.

I print them about Tuesday before the Saturday draft.... I will then cross off those who are keepers for other teams. As the week goes on I highlight those players at each position that I will target.... sleepers, late round candidates, players I want to avoid. I print out on a 11x14 sheet --- out league does IDP so there are columns for DB, LB, and DL too.

As the draft progresses... the colors flow... I have orange for other teams' drafted players, yellow for targets, blue for MY PICKS, green for avoid. I also keep a separate EXCEL sheet that I have all positions listed and the allowed nimber of draftpicks needed for each position as well as a column for bye weeks. This way I can see how my team is growing, that I don't skew to any one team, and that I don't mess up bye weeks. Never fails that one or 2 teams end up with Kickers, TE's or defenses that have the same bye.... and that just forces them to make unnecessary waiver moves.

I have won our league 6 times in 13 years, have been in the title game 2 other times, and been in the final 4 4 other years. Only 1 year have I NOT made the playoffs... so I stick with what seems to be working.

Hope this helps!

I print them about Tuesday before the Saturday draft.... I will then cross off those who are keepers for other teams. As the week goes on I highlight those players at each position that I will target.... sleepers, late round candidates, players I want to avoid. I print out on a 11x14 sheet --- out league does IDP so there are columns for DB, LB, and DL too.

As the draft progresses... the colors flow... I have orange for other teams' drafted players, yellow for targets, blue for MY PICKS, green for avoid. I also keep a separate EXCEL sheet that I have all positions listed and the allowed nimber of draftpicks needed for each position as well as a column for bye weeks. This way I can see how my team is growing, that I don't skew to any one team, and that I don't mess up bye weeks. Never fails that one or 2 teams end up with Kickers, TE's or defenses that have the same bye.... and that just forces them to make unnecessary waiver moves.

I have won our league 6 times in 13 years, have been in the title game 2 other times, and been in the final 4 4 other years. Only 1 year have I NOT made the playoffs... so I stick with what seems to be working.

Hope this helps!

But what if you draft gets moved to Friday night? Do you print on Mondays, or still keep it on Tuesdays?