[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Johnson....

Chris Johnson is set to make $560,000 next year. He Rushed for 2,006 yards last year. A year in which he made $385,000. The greatest RB in NFL history FINISHED his 9 year career with 2,053 yards. He did this in his LAST year, making around $6 million a year.....C'mon Tennessee! Give a brotha (Chris Johnson) some money! He's only in his 3rd year!!!! LARRY JOHNSON'S base salary for each year of his deal with the skins are as follows: $800,000 in 2010, $1 million in 2011 and $1.5 million in 2012. He also could earn an additional $2.2 million in incentives each year, and he won't even be playing....

Whut The Heck?!?!?!?

Edited by DMD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on his rookie contract he is making $2.4 million per year because the deal was front loaded.

I agree he deserves a new deal but the $560,000 is agent speak. $385,000 last year?

2008 season

Johnson was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the first round (24th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft. He was the highest East Carolina player selected in the NFL Draft since Robert Jones went 24th overall in the 1992 NFL Draft.

On July 26, he signed a five-year, $12 million contract with $7 million guaranteed.

Exactly. If you're going to play that, then at least eliminate "guaranteed money" from contacts so you can zap the POSs who bust (points to Russell)

I hope they don't sign him and he sits and loses money.

Since he's complaining abotu a front loaded deal, they should offer him a back loaded non-guarenteed deal. Chris Johnson is a whiny bitch.

Before the 1993 season, Emmit Smith was a holdout. An $8-million difference with management kept him away from the team for 64 days. Dallas' 0-2 start led owner Jerry Jones to sign Smith to a four-year, $13.6-million contract, which, at the time, made him the highest-paid running back in NFL history.

I guess he was a whiny bitch too....who has NEVER SNIFFED a 2,000 yard season....

RB's in the NFL have to get their money while they can. With that being said, he's still got 2 years on his rookie deal, and the Titans don't typically re-work deals when the player has two years remaining. I don't see him getting an extension, but I do see them giving him somekind of pay raise to get him in camp. It's a tough situation for both sides.

I'll nver really get why athletes get pissed off over the contracts THEY signed. No one was holding a gun to their heads when they inked them.

You want flexibility? Sign 1-year deals, so you can get more $$$ after a big year. You want security? Sign a longer term deal, but understand you might end up being underpaid if you overproduce.

But please stop bitching about your own actions, especially after you have been living like a king after cashign your signing bonus a couple years ago.

Chris Johnson is set to make $560,000 next year. He Rushed for 2,006 yards last year. A year in which he made $385,000. The greatest RB in NFL history FINISHED his 9 year career with 2,053 yards. He did this in his LAST year, making around $6 million a year.....C'mon Tennessee! Give a brotha (Chris Johnson) some money! He's only in his 3rd year!!!! LARRY JOHNSON'S base salary for each year of his deal with the skins are as follows: $800,000 in 2010, $1 million in 2011 and $1.5 million in 2012. He also could earn an additional $2.2 million in incentives each year, and he won't even be playing....

Whut The Heck?!?!?!?

What the heck is right - even though he was the greatest RB ever, Payton never clipped the 2000 yard mark. But in the end that didn't matter. Not sure what you mean. :wacko:

Before the 1993 season, Emmit Smith was a holdout. An $8-million difference with management kept him away from the team for 64 days. Dallas' 0-2 start led owner Jerry Jones to sign Smith to a four-year, $13.6-million contract, which, at the time, made him the highest-paid running back in NFL history.

I guess he was a whiny bitch too....who has NEVER SNIFFED a 2,000 yard season....

Yes, he was a whiny bitch as well. And out of curiousity, are you trying to imply that Chris Johnson is anywhere near the same planet as Emmitt Smith? If so, please go and watch some 90's cowboy highlights. Chris Johnson will be more than lucky to do half of what Smith did.

Yes, he was a whiny bitch as well. And out of curiousity, are you trying to imply that Chris Johnson is anywhere near the same planet as Emmitt Smith? If so, please go and watch some 90's cowboy highlights. Chris Johnson will be more than lucky to do half of what Smith did.

The Dallas Jugernaught of the 90's had more to do with Emmitt being great than his ability. Emmitt himself would even admit that. They had the best O-line in the league and one of the best QB to WR combos to keep D's honest. I will go on record now that in only watching 2 seasons of Chris Johnson do work I think he's more talented than the great Emmitt Smith.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

I haven't read much into the contract situation, just know he is holding out. After his performance last year he definitely has the right to ask for more money. Not sure how much he is asking for, but the Titans should give him a bit of a bonus. Keeps him happy, on the field and shuts him up.

The Dallas Jugernaught of the 90's had more to do with Emmitt being great than his ability. Emmitt himself would even admit that. They had the best O-line in the league and one of the best QB to WR combos to keep D's honest. I will go on record now that in only watching 2 seasons of Chris Johnson do work I think he's more talented than the great Emmitt Smith.

:wacko:

Exactly. If you're going to play that, then at least eliminate "guaranteed money" from contacts so you can zap the POSs who bust (points to Russell)

I hope they don't sign him and he sits and loses money.

You obviously don't have him in any of your leagues.

I haven't read much into the contract situation, just know he is holding out. After his performance last year he definitely has the right to ask for more money. Not sure how much he is asking for, but the Titans should give him a bit of a bonus. Keeps him happy, on the field and shuts him up.

Both sides will settle on a one-year deal shortly. With the CBA looming there's not much either side can do in terms of a multi-year deal. I'd expect a decent pay raise and a hefty signing bonus for 2010.

Emmitt Smith is one of the undeniable top 5 RB's of all time, regardless of the talent around him. If it's fourth and goal, game on the line and I have to give the ball to my runningback, he's one of the three RB's that come to mind that I would want to give it to.

And I'd tap the breaks on greatest WR-QB duos ever... Very good, but make no mistake, Smith was the key piece to that offense.

And to say Chris Johnson is better than Emmitt Smith....

Similar to saying Andre Johnson is better than Jerry Rice because Rice had Montana and Gannon. Insanity.

:tup:

+ :wacko:

I'll nver really get why athletes get pissed off over the contracts THEY signed. No one was holding a gun to their heads when they inked them.

You want flexibility? Sign 1-year deals, so you can get more $$$ after a big year. You want security? Sign a longer term deal, but understand you might end up being underpaid if you overproduce.

But please stop bitching about your own actions, especially after you have been living like a king after cashign your signing bonus a couple years ago.

i agree 100%

I think if there was a poll for the most overrated player all-time, Emmitt Smith would win in a landslide.

Johnson deserves a new contract. Tennessee, he is your whole team. Pay the man.

I think if there was a poll for the most overrated player all-time, Emmitt Smith would win in a landslide.

Johnson deserves a new contract. Tennessee, he is your whole team. Pay the man.

And that would prove that the masses are borderline retarded. How you can be as dominant as he was, for as long as he was knocks over-rated talk out of the question. To say he's over rated because he played on one of the greatest teams ever is equally as stupid. Jerry Rice played with a hell of a cast. Walter played with one of the greatest defenses of all time. I guess the only player that's great is B. Sanders?

Chris Johnson still isn't at a level where he can hold LT's jock. And LT can't holt Emmitt's jock.

Unbelievable... Two years in and you guys are praising him and trying to knock the all time rushing leader.

having the best OL and FB in front of you helps that...

Barry sanders would have been the greatest RB of all time if he played on Dallas at that time..