[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

thanks A.J.....

tazinib1

Chargers GM A.J. Smith said Friday that the team has shut down contract negotiations with unsigned restricted free agents Marcus McNeill, Vincent Jackson and Shawne Merriman"It's going to be a long hot summer in SD, folks," writes SI's Peter King. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reported earlier Friday that Smith had opened negotiations with McNeill, but the story was quickly disputed by beat reporter Kevin Acee and now King According to King, the Bolts are fully prepared to enter the season with backups replacing their disgruntled starters Source: Peter King on Twitter

Dude...get rid of the ego already

This really makes very little sense from a business standpoint. I think AJ is seriously hurting a halfway decent team for no reason other than trying to keep up some kind of idiotic personal reputation for being tough.

It kind of reminds me of the movie Major League where the owner purposely was trying to lose in order to move the team. Hmmmmm. :wacko:

I think something will get done. AJ can't be that stupid...Can he? As for Merriman...meh. Jackson is what it is. He should have signed that 1 year tender. The team can still control his contract into next year if I'm hearing talking heads in SD correctly.

He's an Ahole for not re-working existing contracts? I think you've got it backwards. All three of those players are UNDER CONTRACT.

All 3 are under contract ? Where do you get your info from ? Because it isn't correct.

All 3 are under contract ? Where do you get your info from ? Because it isn't correct.

Under the current CBA they're property of the Chargers for this season. RFA's technically, but no one else put an offer sheet on them. They should have signed there tenders. If they don't like the set up, the call the NFLPA and tell them to get something done with the CBA. I root for failure with these Good Day, Sunshines complaining about millions of dollars.

Under the current CBA they're property of the Chargers for this season. RFA's technically, but no one else put an offer sheet on them. They should have signed there tenders. If they don't like the set up, the call the NFLPA and tell them to get something done with the CBA. I root for failure with these Good Day, Sunshines complaining about millions of dollars.

A contract is a contract and being a RFA is being a RFA. Not the same thing. You said he was under contract which would mean he would have to have years left on his current deal which is not the case. Thus the hold out looking for a new contract. Had he had a contract he would be in camp.

A contract is a contract and being a RFA is being a RFA. Not the same thing. You said he was under contract which would mean he would have to have years left on his current deal which is not the case. Thus the hold out looking for a new contract. Had he had a contract he would be in camp.

I don't normally say this, but Muto has a point. Besides, it's not like reworked contracts is some strange thing that never happens. If they guaranteed contracts than I would agree with PON. But the NFL doesn't guarantee chit so basically any player can be cut at any time and everyone is playing on a one year contract (signing bonus is the only sure thing). I agree with Taz, AJ is trying to hammer out the dents in his own pride and it's hurting the team.

A.J. will handle this one deal at a time. Next up is getting Ryan Matthews into camp, then Marcus. As for Vjax, well the guy should really sign his RFA and get his suspension over with. He really doesn't hold a lot of cards...

GO BRONCOS!!

Give me a break, did you forget who the coach is and who their #1 draft pick was. Friggin Rivers can sit out and the Chargers still win this pitiful division.

yup, AFC West is wide open, except for Chiefs and Raiders.

I'm not so sure about that. I think the Raiders are the sleeper team here. And KC's schedule sets up favorably.

I can see the winner of this division at 9-7, and puts all these teams in play. Heck, I'd give Denver the worse chance to get there than the other 3.

I don't normally say this, but Muto has a point. Besides, it's not like reworked contracts is some strange thing that never happens. If they guaranteed contracts than I would agree with PON. But the NFL doesn't guarantee chit so basically any player can be cut at any time and everyone is playing on a one year contract (signing bonus is the only sure thing). I agree with Taz, AJ is trying to hammer out the dents in his own pride and it's hurting the team.

He's been tendered a contract. He's basically under contract. They're greedy jackholes that want want want.

He's been tendered a contract. He's basically under contract. They're greedy jackholes that want want want.

When they see rookies coming in the league getting double digit milion dollar bonuses, the guys who have proven themselves have a right to feel underpaid. Don't hate the players, hate the broken system.

When they see rookies coming in the league getting double digit milion dollar bonuses, the guys who have proven themselves have a right to feel underpaid. Don't hate the players, hate the broken system.

Not to mention being underpaid for the last few season for the production this have given. If they get a career ending injury with a 1 year deal then they are screwed. The NFL system sucks, Bradford gets $50 million locked down before he ever sets foot on the the field.