[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moreno injured

budlitebrad

Posted August 1, 2010, 10:08 am MT

Knowshon Moreno carted off field

By Mike Klis

Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno was just carted off the field with what appears to be an injury to his right knee or ankle. After reaching the team’s headquarter doors, Moreno had to be assisted off the cart by members of the Broncos’ training staff.

ETA: Apparently Buckhalter hurt himself too and limped off the field 10 minutes later.

Edited by budlitebrad

We've had an unbelievable number of injuries so far and it's only August 1! Hopefully Moreno is okay for the Broncos' sake, they really need him this year

Really, this is getting ugly in a hurry.

We've had an unbelievable number of injuries so far and it's only August 1! Hopefully Moreno is okay for the Broncos' sake, they really need him this year

This is exactly what I was thinking. However, sometimes, I think the legit injuries get mixed in with players flopping to try and get some time off.

how was he a sleeper?

Yeah, that word sleeper is used very loosely and has several meanings.

Say if both RB's are gone who do you think is someone Denver will look to? Frack drafted Moreno today and now I'm looking at the free agents...

I knew I should have waited a couple more weeks to do the draft.

EDIT: Just saw a report saying his hamstring IS NOT torn! link

Edited by burton

Say if both RB's are gone who do you think is someone Denver will look to? Frack drafted Moreno today and now I'm looking at the free agents...

I knew I should have waited a couple more weeks to do the draft.

EDIT: Just saw a report saying his hamstring IS NOT torn! link

If high character wasn't such an issue for Coach Josh McDaniels, then a trade for Marshawn Lynch would work.

Edited by electricrelish

she hasn't been the most accurate in reporting stuff. It appeared a few times that she almost made stuff up completely.

wait for some kind of official word.

It's not official, but Fox 31 Denver is saying the MRI showed no tear in his hamstring. Same news source as before.

So my understanding is a 1st degree strain is a 2-3 week heal time, a second degree is a 4-6 week healtime and a third degree is a tear.

So if he significantly strained it we're looking around 4-6 weeks. If he lets it heal for the full six weeks he should be back by the pre-season finale. I doubt he would be playing in that game, but I suspect that he'll be ready to go by week 1.