[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Homer Sleeper

i_am_the_swammi

Oh and by the way Swammi

We're gonna your Eagles like you stole the Christmas ham.....................

Twice this year, Only Twice..............as we won't need to beat you a third time.

Dallas owns the Eagles.......................................Don't look now, but there goes Felix, 73 yards for another Touchdown :wacko:

Cutting Dawkins took the teeth from your D and you know it.............Phillies D is a shell of what it once was.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emmanuel Sanders has been impressing at Steelers camp. If he keeps it up, it wouldn't surprise me to see him take the #3 role away, as I don't think Randle-El has much left to offer.

Oh and by the way Swammi

We're gonna your Eagles like you stole the Christmas ham.....................

Twice this year, Only Twice..............as we won't need to beat you a third time.

Dallas owns the Eagles.......................................Don't look now, but there goes Felix, 73 yards for another Touchdown :tup:

Cutting Dawkins took the teeth from your D and you know it.............Phillies D is a shell of what it once was.

:wacko:

what do you mean "like we stole your Christmas ham"? For the last 10 years, we not only stole your ham, but the whole tree, the presents, and your ugly wives, too. Getting to play you guys every December was more fun than finding a Red Rider BB gun under the tree.

Don't you have to make the team to be a sleeper?

This is my depth chart

Chad Ochocinco, Terrell Owens, Antonio Bryant, Andre Caldwell, Jordan Shipley, Matt Jones, Quan Cosby, Jerome Simpson

I don't expect Matt Jones to make the team, but yes, it is very possible that Simpson gets cut. The staff keep saying he has great ability. He'll need to have a couple great preseason games to make the squad.

:wacko:

what do you mean "like we stole your Christmas ham"? For the last 10 years, we not only stole your ham, but the whole tree, the presents, and your ugly wives, too. Getting to play you guys every December was more fun than finding a Red Rider BB gun under the tree.

There is only one thing that matters, and neither of your teams have accomplished anything for close to two decades now. :tup:

I hope so, but I keep reading about how he's not Martz's type of WR.

I really think Knox is the one to own on that team. The kid had skills and should fit in well in Martz's system. And the price isn't too high for the risk (I think his ADP is below Aroush's right now).

Super Bowl MVPs who are rapists? You're right, we've never had anything close to that :wacko:

Neither have we. Roethlisberger was never a Super Bowl MVP (Ward & Holmes) :tup:

:tup:

Nice to see you have your game face Swammi.......... :wacko:

Oh and by the way, those weren't our wives, they were stand ins, you may want have yourself checked out before something falls off........... :tup:

If I recall last December could not have been fun for you, unless you like seeing your team SHUT OUT, In which case, cheers, you will have loads of fun this year. But don't dispair there's always your annual "Andy Reid Wet Tee Shirt" Contest to look forward to...........

Edited by Cowboyz1

I agree with others, Jonathan Dwyer and Emmanuel Sanders are the two sleepers on offense. I think both get opportunities and if injuries occur, they will get significant time.

I will throw out Ziggy Hood on the defensive side of the ball. He should be improved and ready to make an impact.

Emmanuel Sanders has been impressing at Steelers camp. If he keeps it up, it wouldn't surprise me to see him take the #3 role away, as I don't think Randle-El has much left to offer.

Is there any thought that Sanders could take over the role that Ward has now when he decides to retire?

I've read that he's further along than Mike Wallace at this point last year...

I know he is already showing up on radar's, but, I think that Mike Wallace could be HUGH this year. The kid doesn't just have breakaway speed, he can catch the ball in traffic. With Santonio off in NY, Mike Wallace has top 10 WR potential, even with the QB issues that will be going on in Pittsburgh. Mike Wallace - Top 10 WR....you heard it here first.

I would agree on Mike Wallace but I think the one from the Steelers that I would make a bigger attempt to get my hands on is Heath Miller. He has killer hands and is already a great target in the red zone but I think with the QB problems and the loss of Holmes that Miller is going to be the big winner is the spread of the ball. His skills are not at all in question. It is just a matter of them using him more.

Edited by Skippy

Is there any thought that Sanders could take over the role that Ward has now when he decides to retire?

I've read that he's further along than Mike Wallace at this point last year...

Absolutely. I've actually heard that talked about. Sanders has done nothing but impress since he came to camp. OC Bruce Arians said that he is way ahead of where Wallace was last year, in regard to route running and hands. However, he said that "no one" has Wallace's speed, but, that Sanders is pretty damn fast. I'm pretty excited about the receiving corps they are building. I'm just worried about all Steelers offensive players from a fantasy perspective, as I'm still not convinced that their O-Line is even to average yet, and the QB circus/debacle is going to hurt big-time. That said, if Polamolu & Aaron Smith remain healthy, their defense should keep them in most games.

By the way, good call on Heath Miller, Skippy. He had a "sort of" break-out year last year, but, with the issues of losing Holmes and the QB circus, he may be that much better. He is a reliable target over the middle.

Dexter McCluster has been absolutely wowing the fans at training camp. Expect a lot of touches for this guy. Maybe a good WR3 on your squad.

i really love this kid.....

i remember hammering ole miss on the moneyline against crabtrees texas tech squad in the cotton bowl....and i watched ole miss quite a bit...and fell in love with mccluster.....i was really hoping the pats would take a crack at him with their three 2nd rounders but it didnt happen when the chiefs pounced on him earlier than expected.......im hearing real good things and plan on targeting him

Starting to think Albert Young might be worth a late round flyer, or at least be worth watching early in the season. With Taylor gone, and Peterson with the fumbling concerns, the 2nd RB on the Vikes depth chart might be worth something at some point in the season. Of course, I'm sure they will give Gerhart every opportunity to succeed, but Chilly seems pretty high on Young, and he looked good to me in limited duty last season. This is the sleeper section, and he's definitely a sleeper.

MJD fantasy sleeper: Arian Foster

August, 4, 2010

By Paul Kuharsky

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Maurice Jones-Drew's fantasy football radio show, “Runnin’ with MJD,” debuts Saturday night on Sirius. It’ll be a Friday night show during the regular season.

When I spent time with him Tuesday and asked him for a sleeper pick, he was initially reluctant to offer one up and spoil some of his material.

But I threw him to the ground and wrestled with him until he said Uncle and gave me one: Texans running back Arian Foster.

“I really like Arian Foster from the Houston Texans,” Jones-Drew said. “I think he’s a good running back, especially in their system, the Denver system. And I watched him in college too. It’s his style -- in that zone system, a bigger back (6-foot-1, 229 pounds) who can get a cut and get his shoulders square. He’s going to be a force to be reckoned with. I really like him and I’ve got some sources, too.”

Not alone here but Michael Bush

In this article, I will use the “absolute science”—statistical mathematics to prove that the Raiders’ theory of starting Darren McFadden is an illogical theory for the Raiders success this year.

First of all, in 2009 McFadden averaged a meager 3.4 yards a rush—Bush, 4.8 yards a carry. At 6’1" 245 lbs., Bush is built to take 250 to 300 carries a season. McFadden, on the other hand, carries less weight and has been plagued by injuries and a fumbling problem since he arrived in Oakland.

In 2008, Michael Bush averaged 4.4 yards a carry; McFadden’s career average is sub-4 yards a carry.

Last year in Week 10, against division rival Kansas City, Bush averaged 8.5 yards a rush for a total of 119 rushing yards that day.

In Week 15 against the Denver Broncos, Bush had 18 attempts for 133 yards, which equates to 7.4 yards a rush. In addition, he rushed for a touchdown that day.

The next week, Week 16 against Cleveland, Bush averaged 5.2 yards a rush.

But the eye-popping stat is: when Bush ran to the left last year, behind Robert Gallery, he averaged 5.8 yards a carry. When he rushed wide left, in the same direction as Gallery, Bush averaged an astonishing 9.2 yards a carry.

Conversely, when Bush rushed to the right, behind the departed Cornell Green, he averaged a measly 3.5 yards a rush, and when he rushed wide right, again towards Green, he 3.3 yards a carry.

In the 2009 season, Bush averaged 6.1 yards a rush in the first quarter, 4.5 in the second quarter, and after a halftime rest, he averages 4.9 yards a carry in the third quarter. These stats indicate one thing: when Bush is fresh, his yards per carry is comparable with the top 10 running-backs in the NFL.

Against the AFC, Bush averaged 5.1 yards a carry, and against the AFC West, he averaged 5.9 yards a rush. In comparison Emmitt Smith averaged 4.2 yards a carried against his NFC East rivals, which is far lower than Bush’s 5.9 yards a carry last year against his division rivals in the AFC West.

So the key to my theory is: If the Raiders make the playoffs, Michael Bush will carry the ball at least 250 times, mostly towards the middle and left side.

Among the top five rushers in the league, only one—Chris Johnson—averaged more than 4.5 yards a rush. Hypothetical reasoning says, if Bush averages a modest 4.5, three-tenths lower than his average last season, on 250 carries he will rush for 1,125 years, which will make him a top 10 back in the NFL.

In the past few weeks, it has been reported that Jared Veldheer has been practicing at center. Many columnists, fans, and critics question the reasoning behind this, because of Veldheer’s 6’8" height which would obscure Jason Campbell’s vision.

My theory is: Veldheer’s 6’8" height and power would obscure the vision of would-be tacklers as well. The power and size of Gallery and Veldheer would make for a formidable duo for the brawny 245 lb. back to run behind.

In the early 1990s, I watched many Dallas Cowboys games that showcased Emmitt Smith behind a massive offensive line. The entire stadium knew that Smith would get the ball; however, no team was able to stop it. That is the advantage of a power run game: regardless if the defense knows where the ball is going, if the defense is over-powered, the run goes for a positive.

In conclusion, with newly acquired quarterback Jason Campbell at the helm, the Raiders with a balanced running game—led by Michael Bush, will run over the AFC West and be the surprise team to make the playoffs.

Thoughts and opinions welcomed...

• 2 weeks later...
If you draft Greene, the handcuff is C Washington, not Tomlinson.

Anyone see hard knocks tonight? CW was not even on the bubble, he was going down ther drain with he bubble bath. Ryan said to paraphrase, "that kid just went from nowhere to making this team". In another comment, after Chauncey laid out a CAR returner and forced a fumble, Ryan was screaming "What a hit! What a flacking hit! What a hit!"

I've seen CW up close. The kid can play, and he proved it against CAR. Neither LT or McKnight can take Greene's carries if he gets hurt. They just aren't bell cow types, while the 'new' Jet's Washington is. Yes, I took him in a IDP 40 man roster redraft over two weeks ago. Last pick of my draft. He is finally on Ryan's radar, but I really have to wonder about coaches sometimes. I can provide a link to that league if anyone is in doubt.

Here I am, a wanna be football talent scout, and I saw how good this kid was loooong before the Jets CS took any real notice. He made the PS last year. He's always looked like a talented kid to me. If Greene gets hurt.... but in any case, CW is definitely worth a deep dynasty league pickup.

While most others disagreed with me, I was right about Martin when he was written off, I was right about T Jones last year... and I'm right about this kid. Sooner or later, Chauncey Washington will make some noise in the NFL. If Greene gets hurt, it will be sooner, not later.

Among the top five rushers in the league, only one—Chris Johnson—averaged more than 4.5 yards a rush. Hypothetical reasoning says, if Bush averages a modest 4.5, three-tenths lower than his average last season, on 250 carries he will rush for 1,125 years, which will make him a top 10 back in the NFL.

I would imagine if you rushed for 1,125 years, you would own every rushing stat there is or would ever be...

• 2 weeks later...
For my Eagles, 6'3" WR Riley Cooper has been opening eyes with his deft hands, solid size, and playmaking ability. Reports have said he has caught almost everything thrown his way, and yesterday found the endzone twice during 11 v 11 drills while running with the 1st team offense in place of the injured DeSean Jackson. He is known as a special teams nut, and throws his body around with reckless abandon. It also doesn't hurt that he is a fan favorite with his long blond hair and good looks. He seems well on his way to making the 53-man roster.

While he has a ways to go to make up ground on the depth chart (certainly behind Jackson, Maclin & Avant), in the Eagles pass-heavy offense which utilizes many four WR sets, he could be a possession-WR factor as the season progresses. He certainly is a big red-zone target.

Made the 53-man roster as one of only five wideouts in a pass-happy offense.

Don't look now, but with the greatest size of them all, he could be a definite red-zone factor as the possession WR.