[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys Fans

Menudo

Cowboys fans, please let me know what I can expect from Flozell Adams. The Steelers had to sign Adams after losing Willie Colon for the season. I know his stats were pretty poor last year, as he gave up a bunch of sacks. This doesn't have me feeling too good. I just wanted to hear what the Cowboys fans have to say. Anything left in the tank or should I expect to be disappointed. The Steelers plan to use him at RT.

Very big. Very Nasty. Slowed down considerably and has a bad tendancy to go offsides or hold during key moments in a game. He has had knee trouble which has hurt his speed getting off of the ball which is why the numbers against him (sacks etc) have grown/. All that being said there has been games where he has held some dominant D lineman in check. The Minnesota free for all against Dallas in the playoffs really amplified after Flozell left the game.

He isnt the Flozell of old but you could have done worse. The Steelers should be able to squeeze a decent season out of him but keep the expectations in check

Edited by whomper

Very long arms. Doesn't have what it takes to win a Super Bowl (see Minneosota playoff game last yaer).

Not sure I agree here on the minnesota part. The floodgates opened after he left the game. Injured as he was he was holding up nicely in that game until he couldnt bear the pain anymore

Very big. Very Nasty. Slowed down considerably and has a bad tendancy to go offsides or hold during key moments in a game. He has had knee trouble which has hurt his speed getting off of the ball which is why the numbers against him (sacks etc) have grown/. All that being said there has been games where he has held some dominant D lineman in check. The Minnesota free for all against Dallas in the playoffs really amplified after Flozell left the game.

He isnt the Flozell of old but you could have done worse. The Steelers should be able to squeeze a decent season out of him but keep the expectations in check.

Spot on explanation of Adams, especially the last part. His size and long arms are his game. If he can get his hands on you, he'll win most of the time. However, with his knees getting worse, his speed has dimished and edge/combo rushers can give him trouble. And I'll add with what you've come to expect from the Steeler O-line in recent years, Flozell will provide at least the same level of protection if not better.

Not sure I agree here on the minnesota part. The floodgates opened after he left the game. Injured as he was he was holding up nicely in that game until he couldnt bear the pain anymore

his departure in that game cost us everything that day ... of course, I am under-estimating the pain he was going through. However, he was in a position for glory and failed, even if it was an injury. Winners find a way. I look only at the end result and we lost b/c of LT play.

his departure in that game cost us everything that day ... of course, I am under-estimating the pain he was going through. However, he was in a position for glory and failed, even if it was an injury. Winners find a way. I look only at the end result and we lost b/c of LT play.

OK. I thought you were talking about his actual performance in that game on the field. I didnt realize you were talking about his heart.

Vikings' Jared Allen: Injury to Cowboys' Flozell Adams insignificant

11:28 PM CST on Sunday, January 17, 2010

FROM STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS

MINNEAPOLIS – The Dallas Cowboys allowed six sacks in a 34-3 loss to the Vikings on Sunday, and the loss of left tackle Flozell Adams didn't help.

Adams left the NFC divisional playoff game in the second quarter with a strained right calf. On the first play without Adams, Vikings defensive end Jared Allen came up with a sack and forced a fumble of his own, beating tight end Jason Witten to the outside.

Adams was considered one of the few who could block Allen, so the Vikings appeated to catch a break.

But don’t tell that to Allen.

Adams was containing Allen’s right side pretty well before he went down, and on the Cowboys’ first series without him, Allen wreaked havoc.

“Everybody’s just funny. I tell you what — he left and it doesn’t matter,” Allen said. “That’s who we’re playing. We’ve got no control over that, but you guys act like that game was out of hand before he left. We were still kicking butt. I mean, they got three points the whole game. It is what it is, I guess.”

Cowboys fans, please let me know what I can expect from Flozell Adams. The Steelers had to sign Adams after losing Willie Colon for the season. I know his stats were pretty poor last year, as he gave up a bunch of sacks. This doesn't have me feeling too good. I just wanted to hear what the Cowboys fans have to say. Anything left in the tank or should I expect to be disappointed. The Steelers plan to use him at RT.

expect lots of tripping & holding penalties

• 2 weeks later...