[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LenDale White lands.... (Denver)

hooknladder

LenDale White lands in Denver

Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2010 6:56 PM ET

The Seahawks unceremoniously cut running back LenDale White during offseason workouts. To make matter worse, White ended up on the wrong end of a four-game suspension.

We assumed that White would serve his time and eventually be signed by the Bengals.

But necessity intervened in Denver, where running backs like Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter have dropped like flies.

Per a league source, White has signed a two-year deal to join the Broncos.

White entered the league in 2006 as a second-round pick of the Titans. But he wore out his welcome in Tennessee, and with Chris Johnson emerging as a star they simply didn't need him.

But then his college coach, Pete Carroll, decided he didn't want White, and he has been available for the past couple of months.

White will be able to practice with the Broncos and participate in the preseason. He'll then leave for the first four weeks of the season.

UPDATE: The Broncos have announced the move, and they've also released running back Kolby Smith to create a roster spot for White.

...i was so far behind this story earlier i felt compelled to post.

i think he's good for 8 TD's, (if Denver can score 8 TD's this year), ...-and maybe a little upside.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florio's a d00sh. There's no necessity due to KM or Buck. Buck will be back on the field Monday and KM is projected to get a little game time at the end of pre-season. Even if KM is out a couple games to start the season, well, so is White. So necessity?

Here's the simple deal... Kolby Smith ran with the 1st team, didn't please the coaches, was released and created a vacancy. White will be the #3 RB.

I continue to pimp Toney Baker as our homer deep sleeper. That happens only if KM and Buck are out.

Lastly, this was a smart signing as White grew up here, has family here, and will hopefully get his career back on track with those positive influences.

Buck sucks...and Know-show can't handle the entire load.

I 100% disagree with you. First, I'm going to accuse you of being an fan of an NFC East team that's not PHI, cuz Buck is a freaking warrior and if i was PHI fan, I would've been pissed that he and Dawkins were let go.

Let's not get crazy here. Buckhalter has been in the league 9 years and played in 6. He is a 31 year old injury prone backup running back. Nothing more, nothing less.

Let's not get crazy here. Buckhalter has been in the league 9 years and played in 6. He is a 31 year old injury prone backup running back. Nothing more, nothing less.

agreed. -draft young backs, who were drafted in the 1st round, -and have remained injury-free, and you will have success.

With the histories of Moreno and Buckhalter, White could very well end up with a few starts in Denver. He will almost certainly be the goal line/short yardage back. Could be a decent pick up late in the draft in deeper leagues.

:wacko:

So let me get this right:

McDicknose dumps the following players:

*Cutler, one of 13 QBs in NFL history to ever throw for 4500+ yds in a season, and the second youngest ever to do it, literally before McDumbass ever sets a foot on the field in Denver as HC because Cutler has character flaws and isn't a McDilwad guy

*Marshall, who holds the record for receiving in a game and also is tied with only Marvin Harrison in NFL history for the NFL record of 3 consecutive seasons with 100+ catches because he has character flaws and isn't a McMegan Foxbag guy

*Scheffler, who is a TE who can stretch the field and makes great catches, and is a legitimate nightmare matchup near the goal line because he has character flaws and isn't a McDilrod guy

*Hillis, who is a bonafide masher/short yardage terror and who also has the hands of an elite WR, languishes on the bench all season despite no other RB (read Moreno) being capable of gaining one foot in 3rd and a yard situations because Hillis has character flaws and isn't a McDingdong guy

But now he's going to bring in LenWhale White to run the ball because he apparently is a high character/strong work ethic McDoofus guy, and even funnier that the Orange and Blue colored glasses wearers are just agog over the brilliant signing to go with drafting two injured WRs and a QB who can't throw straight.

It ought to be interesting to see how this season as well as many future season shakes out when they trade the talent above for guys like Orton, Tebow (the Chosen One), Gaffney, Richard Quinn, and now LenWhale. Looks to me like the changing talent level might be tilted just a tad in the wrong direction, guys...

Bronco Billy has a point. Bringing in LenDale is a sign that all the "high character" talk was complete BS. There's plenty of evidence that McDaniels (this is how you spell it, Billy) is simply a "my way or the highway" guy. I either want to see the Broncos become a playoff team under this strategy (maybe there is some genius behind all of this - doubtful, but this season should tell a lot) or I want them to finish in dead last in the AFC. Mediocrity (read: barely missing the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7) will simply entice Bowlen to keep him around. Seriously, McDaniels has made a lot of big moves, and it's time to see some results.

Crying out loud, Billy. I understand your distain but isn't it getting a little old regurgitating the same diatribe on any and every Bronco thread?

Plus, I don't see any real Broncos fans calling the White deal brilliant. I (and Opie might agree) call it a fill deal. The Broncos needed additional depth and White did an alright job backing up the best RB in the league. Plus, who’s not to say that McDaniel’s doesn't use White (with his girth) as a FB once Buck and Moreno are more healthy? Imagine the hole that cat could create?

BTW, I do agree with some of your argument about many of the McDaniel’s moves but it’s time to quit crying about them on a regular basis and let’s see how these move pan out.

dude, are you PMSing or something?

lol - exactly what I was thinking. That or he's in time out. Or another lame fishing trip. giggle. :wacko:

McDicknose dumps the following players:

*Cutler, one of 13 QBs in NFL history to ever throw for 4500+ yds in a season, and the second youngest ever to do it, literally before McDumbass ever sets a foot on the field in Denver as HC because Cutler has character flaws and isn't a McDilwad guy

*Marshall, who holds the record for receiving in a game and also is tied with only Marvin Harrison in NFL history for the NFL record of 3 consecutive seasons with 100+ catches because he has character flaws and isn't a McMegan Foxbag guy

lol - you go BB. I was thinking we were way overdue for the 4500 yds and record for catches in a game tangent, along of course w/the Mc(insert insulting name here) thing. :tup:

Crying out loud, Billy. I understand your distain but isn't it getting a little old regurgitating the same diatribe on any and every Bronco thread?

Plus, I don't see any real Broncos fans calling the White deal brilliant. I (and Opie might agree) call it a fill deal. The Broncos needed additional depth and White did an alright job backing up the best RB in the league. Plus, who’s not to say that McDaniel’s doesn't use White (with his girth) as a FB once Buck and Moreno are more healthy? Imagine the hole that cat could create?

BTW, I do agree with some of your argument about many of the McDaniel’s moves but it’s time to quit crying about them on a regular basis and let’s see how these move pan out.

How dos it feel with that McDickhead brown spot on your nose? Does it smell even worse up close as it does from this far away?

I've seen how McDilrod's moves have turned out already - he managed to be the only HC in NFL history to start a season 6-0 and manage to miss the playoffs.., His team went into a tailspin that ended in a 2-8 finish and home loses to pathetic OAK and KC teams - losing AT HOME to two of the worst 5/6 teams in the league with a playoff game on the line. I watched him forgo the run vs the 31st ranked KC run D to force feed the ball to Gaffney in that loss that exited them from the playoffs just to prove how smart he was in benching Marshall. I watched him piss away a ton of talent on a team that already needed an influx of talent at numerous positions just to put "his guys" in place instead. I watched him blame everyone else for the troubles he created, whether it was mishandling Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, and Hillis or blaming the O-line - who were outstanding under Shanahan - for Moreno's inabaility to pick up even miniscule yadage in tough situations, among other situations.

I'm watching a guy come in who has a massive ego beyond even Shanahan's - hard as that is to believe - and drive this Bronco's team into the ground until it ends up a reeking hulk at the bottom of the NFL scrapheap. If you're behind the curve and can't recognize this, don't get pissed off at me. If you don't like my opinion here, simply don't read my posts. This is a FB message board, you know. Opinions are welcome even if they don't fit your undying hero worship of this moran of a HC.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'm watching a guy come in who has a massive ego beyond even Shanahan's - hard as that is to believe - and drive this Bronco's team into the ground until it ends up a reeking hulk at the bottom of the NFL scrapheap. If you're behind the curve and can't recognize this, don't get pissed off at me. If you don't like my opinion here, simply don't read my posts. This is a FB message board, you know. Opinions are welcome even if they don't fit your undying hero worship of this moran of a HC.

I don't disagree with your insight, but I guess I have a longer fuse with all of this. As I said, I'm ready to see results. Regardless of how crazy McDaniels (you should just call him McDaniels - your arguments will have more merit) has been, he's only had one year to attempt to work with this team. Maybe he learned some things from last year and improves from that... Who knows? I certainly see that the signs are there that they could be headed for 4-12, but I'm not going to act like they're already 4-12.

In other words, McDaniels has broken a chitload of eggs... So let's see if the guy knows how to make an omelet.

How dos it feel with that McDickhead brown spot on your nose? Does it smell even worse up close as it does from this far away?

Honestly dude! Quit being a douchebag!

I'm not in love with McDaniels nor am I a hater of the man. I'm however willing to give the man the opportunity to see what he can do. Heck, I remember people calling for Elways head, thinking he was the worst QB ever to pick up a pig skin.

Remember Bill Walsh and his "west coast" offense (BTW, that phrase was not coined by Walsh but I think Buddy Ryan and a slam to Walsh innovated ideas). He CHANGED the way the game is played today.

I'm not saying that McDaniels will do this, but these types of moves can either lend to a teams demise or the next league wide adoption of tactics.

Man up, put a pad on your mangina and let's see how this plays out.

Honestly dude! Quit being a douchebag!

I'm not in love with McDaniels nor am I a hater of the man. I'm however willing to give the man the opportunity to see what he can do. Heck, I remember people calling for Elways head, thinking he was the worst QB ever to pick up a pig skin.

Remember Bill Walsh and his "west coast" offense (BTW, that phrase was not coined by Walsh but I think Buddy Ryan and a slam to Walsh innovated ideas). He CHANGED the way the game is played today.

I'm not saying that McDaniels will do this, but these types of moves can either lend to a teams demise or the next league wide adoption of tactics.

Man up, put a pad on your mangina and let's see how this plays out.

It's fun to watch someone so butthurt call out someone else for being a whiner and a Megan Foxbag.

It's a FB message board. Grow up and act like a freakin' man, for Christ's sake. If you can't take a little heat after going into attack mode yourself, then refrain from responding to someone who might call you out for it.

As for KM, that remains to be seen, but he was hit way too many times in the backfield. Our OL crumbled last year and KM was starting most plays two yards on the wrong side of the line... and still put up decent numbers.

Buckhalter had a great YPC avg. With the same Oline. How can you use that as an excuse for Moreno and his below 4 ypc avg?

Buckhalter had a great YPC avg. With the same Oline. How can you use that as an excuse for Moreno and his below 4 ypc avg?

Brought this up a few times last year. And McDilrod provided cover for his little underacheiving 1st rounder by throwing the O-line under the bus regularly.

It's fun to watch someone so butthurt call out someone else for being a whiner and a Megan Foxbag.

It's a FB message board. Grow up and act like a freakin' man, for Christ's sake. If you can't take a little heat after going into attack mode yourself, then refrain from responding to someone who might call you out for it.

I don't know who's having a worse "that time of the month"....you or hooknladder

:tup:

Ah, I hurt doushbags feelings! :wacko:

BTW, you didn't call me out. You went on a normal rant. There is a difference that most of us outside the trailer park are able to discern!

You attempt to be little anyone that even winks of the thought of defending McDaniels when I wasn't but just advocating giving the man time. It's almost like something bad has happened to you and this man. Did he take your puppy or your virginity or something?

Ah, I hurt doushbags feelings! :wacko:

BTW, you didn't call me out. You went on a normal rant. There is a difference that most of us outside the trailer park are able to discern!

You attempt to be little anyone that even winks of the thought of defending McDaniels when I wasn't but just advocating giving the man time. It's almost like something bad has happened to you and this man. Did he take your puppy or your virginity or something?

correction, he attempts to belittle anyone who doesn't think like he does...