[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Jamaal Charles

DMD

Jamaal Charles  

218 members have voted

1. 1. What round would you look to get Charles in a 12 team league?

• First round for the stud boy
    • Second round - really good but too much risk for earlier
    • Third round - I'll take him if he falls this far
    • Fourth round (AKA never) Jones kills his value to me.

Getting Charles in the late 3rd I was pretty happy even knowing TJ was going to eat into his value, but now with Mccluster playing well and getting a lot of oportunities in the 3rd pre-season game I'm getting a little uncomfortable

I think McCluster isn't a threat unless there is an injury to Charles or Jones as we saw tonight...

but then again, McCluster may still have seen the same number of touches as they probably know what they have in Jones and don't want to wear him down....or Charles either as he has a pretty decent yards per touch so far in the pre-season...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think McCluster isn't a threat unless there is an injury to Charles or Jones as we saw tonight...

but then again, McCluster may still have seen the same number of touches as they probably know what they have in Jones and don't want to wear him down....or Charles either as he has a pretty decent yards per touch so far in the pre-season...

Agree. I think McCluster gets 10 touches a game, and mostly in the passing game.

I do think, however, that the Thomas Jones impact may be greater than I thought.

Agree. I think McCluster gets 10 touches a game, and mostly in the passing game.

I do think, however, that the Thomas Jones impact may be greater than I thought.

see, I think they'll find out the hard way how ineffective Jones will be by mid-October and Charles will see more looks....

but up until then, I could definitely see Jones get 15-20 touches a game and Charles gets 10-12...maybe more, but catch about 3 or 4 passes a game until they start letting up on Jones a little...then Charles will get his chance to shine...

see, I think they'll find out the hard way how ineffective Jones will be by mid-October and Charles will see more looks....

but up until then, I could definitely see Jones get 15-20 touches a game and Charles gets 10-12...maybe more, but catch about 3 or 4 passes a game until they start letting up on Jones a little...then Charles will get his chance to shine...

All great points in the previous two posts...and agree that with Charles talent they just need to give him the chance to shine like last year, the talent is undeniable

Edited by 85thatstright10

Agree. And Haley is such a stubborn ass that he would definitely do this.

Agree. And Haley is such a stubborn ass that he would definitely do this.

As a Charles owner this year, I hope Haley gets over his TJ infatuation very, very quickly.

As a Charles owner this year, I hope Haley gets over his TJ infatuation very, very quickly.

Yeah, I have him in several leagues.

To be honest, I'm not worried. Charles has so much talent that Weis will not ignore it. BUT, the Chiefs are trying to build a program here, and Jones has been great in camp so far as a leader. And the Chiefs will make an effort to reward him for that effort.

To me, that's why he is getting the veteran respect right now.

I am with you here ... wear out Jones in order to keep Charles more fresh for the 2nd half of the season when the Chiefs make a divisional title run.

It makes sense. Jones will still be around and able to take the hard hits near the goalline and short yardage situations.

I am with you here ... wear out Jones in order to keep Charles more fresh for the 2nd half of the season when the Chiefs make a divisional title run.

It makes sense. Jones will still be around and able to take the hard hits near the goalline and short yardage situations.

and the best part of all is if Charles isn't producing like a 3rd round pick by week 4 or 5, you might be able to trade for him if the owner is frustrated....either that or you can just draft him and squash all the "if's"...

I like the strategy of trading for him around week 5, but if he goes off before that then your screwed cause he'll it'll take first pick value to get him from someone.

I don't know how I'd be screwed if I'm not relying on the trade because that owner would also want to trade him at the time as well...it's not like I'm going to automatically get Charles because he's had an average or worse September.....and even then, he'll still produce in a PPR league...

but his value should be lower than it is on draft day by the time OCt. 1st comes around, but them float right back up to "2nd round value" by Nov. 1st....

as long as you can draft a sound team like you should...then you wouldn't be screwed either way by what Charles does or doesn't do...

Never say "never" DMD. In my 12 teamer that drafted Friday, I got Charles in the 4th round. 4.2 mind you, but still 4th round.

:fingerscrossedforabigyear:

Not sure what is more surprising - that he made it to the 4.02 or that you skipped over him at the 3.11.

Sweet pick regardless!

Not sure what is more surprising - that he made it to the 4.02 or that you skipped over him at the 3.11.

Sweet pick regardless!

Glad you asked!

The guy in the 12 slot went RB-RB (Mendenhall/Greene) in the first turn. Figuring he'd go WR-WR on the 3/4 turn, we took Colston at 3.11. Sure enough he went Boldin/Steve Smith NYG, leaving us Charles at 4.2. . .just as we predicted.

Mwaa-haa-haaaa.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

Aaaand just got him at 4.9 in another 12 teamer.

4.9 in a 12-teamer? If you don't mind me asking, with whom are you playing? The more Jamaal Charles outdistanced himself from Thomas Jones over the preseason, the more I felt Thomas Jones needed the Jets' all-world line to produce like he did last year (and the more I thought all those touches over the last few years are finally catching up to him).

When all is said and done, I think Jamaal Charles will be a top 10 fantasy RB this year. He just seems to be operating at a different level than anyone else on the field. I'm going to have a lot of fun rooting for him this season, that's for sure.

4.9 in a 12-teamer? If you don't mind me asking, with whom are you playing?

How out of line does this seem?

Round 1

1. Chris Johnson T-Town Bucca...

2. Adrian Peterson Pimpaholics

3. Maurice Jones-Drew Elbows and K...

4. Ray Rice Happy Slaps...

5. Frank Gore PurplePride

6. Michael Turner slowestcanrun

7. Drew Brees Go The Distance

8. Aaron Rodgers kvcanes

9. Andre Johnson SantaClaraPr...

10. Steven Jackson Mirrors

11. Ryan Mathews Gmoney

12. Peyton Manning Jim vs. Foot...

Round 2

1. Reggie Wayne Jim vs. Foot...

2. Shonn Greene Gmoney

3. Matt Schaub Mirrors

4. Rashard Mendenhall SantaClaraPr...

5. Randy Moss kvcanes

6. DeAngelo Williams Go The Distance

7. Tony Romo slowestcanrun

8. Tom Brady PurplePride

9. Roddy White Happy Slaps...

10. Miles Austin Elbows and K...

11. Calvin Johnson Pimpaholics

12. Brandon Marshall T-Town Bucca...

Round 3

1. Philip Rivers T-Town Bucca...

2. Larry Fitzgerald Pimpaholics

3. Greg Jennings Elbows and K...

4. Marques Colston Happy Slaps...

5. DeSean Jackson PurplePride

6. Cedric Benson slowestcanrun

7. Ryan Grant Go The Distance

8. Pierre Thomas kvcanes

9. Joe Flacco SantaClaraPr...

10. Wes Welker Mirrors

11. Arian Foster Gmoney

12. Vernon Davis Jim vs. Foot...

Round 4

1. Dallas Clark Jim vs. Foot...

2. Jermichael Finley Gmoney

3. C.J. Spiller Mirrors

4. Jonathan Stewart SantaClaraPr...

5. Jahvid Best kvcanes

6. Anquan Boldin Go The Distance

7. Steve Smith slowestcanrun

8. Antonio Gates PurplePride

9. Jamaal Charles Happy Slaps...

10. Steve Smith Elbows and K...

11. Ronnie Brown Pimpaholics

12. Beanie Wells T-Town Bucca...

Round 1

8. Aaron Rodgers kvcanes

11. Ryan Mathews Gmoney

Round 2

2. Shonn Greene Gmoney

3. Matt Schaub Mirrors

5. Randy Moss kvcanes

8. Tom Brady PurplePride

Round 3

8. Pierre Thomas kvcanes

10. Wes Welker Mirrors

11. Arian Foster Gmoney

Round 4

3. C.J. Spiller Mirrors

5. Jahvid Best kvcanes

One guy took, Manning Wayne and Clark?? And he also took Davis? He better hope Manning does not have a bad day or worse, get hurt.

Edited by BigTen

One guy took, Manning Wayne and Clark?? And he also took Davis? He better hope Manning does not have a bad day or worse, get hurt.

Wow. Sounds like my 10-team league this weekend, where guy picked Brees at 1.05 and Flacco with his SECOND PICK.

What a great guy. Anywho, I got AP in the 2 spot, Charles in round 4, CJ Spiller and Arian Foster after all that.

Boooyah!

I voted 3, but the more I think about it, I should have picked 4 (i.e., never). In the early rounds, I limit myself to "can't miss" players and leave the riskier guys for others. Even in the 5th round (which would never happen but just sayin'), I'd rather grab one of the top TE's or Schaub rather than a guy like Charles.

Yes, I know even "can't miss" players can and do bust, but I'm talking percentages here. I think there's a reasonable chance Charles will disappoint this year due to the RBBC with Jones.

I see a few reaches, but this is a perfectly reasonable draft. It just goes to show that one man's late 4th-rounder is another's mid-2nd.

All I have to say is, don't make me regret falling for you, Jamaal! Make it happen!

-GdP

p.s. 8 months down, 2 days to go! Yeah!

Round 1

8. Aaron Rodgers kvcanes

11. Ryan Mathews Gmoney

Round 2

2. Shonn Greene Gmoney

3. Matt Schaub Mirrors

5. Randy Moss kvcanes

8. Tom Brady PurplePride

Round 3

8. Pierre Thomas kvcanes

10. Wes Welker Mirrors

11. Arian Foster Gmoney

Round 4

3. C.J. Spiller Mirrors

5. Jahvid Best kvcanes

I was wondering when the Fantasy Wave would eventually reach Haley's beach. Bingo!

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Arr...ae-f33c87dd02ed

Speaking of Jones and Charles, what are you going to do about your fantasy football team? Haley made the situation for each player a little more uncertain by re-iterating that the flow of each game will determine how each player is used; not a preconceived amount of carries. “It’s a good problem to have,” Haley said. “Now, in the fantasy football world I could see it being a bad problem to have. But we’re worried about the Kansas City Chiefs and what we need to do to win.” Good for the Chiefs, but bad for your fantasy team.

I was wondering when the Fantasy Wave would eventually reach Haley's beach. Bingo!

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Arr...ae-f33c87dd02ed

Speaking of Jones and Charles, what are you going to do about your fantasy football team? Haley made the situation for each player a little more uncertain by re-iterating that the flow of each game will determine how each player is used; not a preconceived amount of carries. “It’s a good problem to have,” Haley said. “Now, in the fantasy football world I could see it being a bad problem to have. But we’re worried about the Kansas City Chiefs and what we need to do to win.” Good for the Chiefs, but bad for your fantasy team.

I think that if the Chiefs get down in a game quick, Charles will see more time on the field...but if the score is close or they are up then Jones will be the back that grinds it out...

good thing that the Chiefs are not a very good team so they should have to rely on Charles quite a bit - what this means for week 2? I'm not sure Charles will get any more touches than he had week 1...