[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR Brandon Marshall

DMD

Brandon Marshall  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Risky pick or crafty pick?

• Marshall remains a top WR talent and should be drafted in the First round
    • If I got Marshall in the second, I'd be happy
    • If I got Marshall in the third he's about right
    • I'd want to get Marshall as my WR2 later in the draft
    • I know someone else will want him more than me

Brandon Marshall has topped 100 catches per season for the last three seasons though his YPC is actually sort of low with the best only 13 YPC. He left the Broncos and now lands in Miami where historically the passing has not been much since... oh... that Marino guy really. He also had a procedure on his hip but is over that and has been recieving good reports in camp.

Most do not think he has a chance of breaking 100 catches in Miami but then again - who else will catch it there? Chad Henne is still a bit green but looked plenty optimistic last year with a hot end to the season.

Where do you see him falling in your drafts and will you be the one to take him?

I voted 3rd, but this is a really tough call. I think I would hope he'd fall to me in the third, but I suspect he'll be taken by the late 2nd (or maybe 1st pick or two of the 3rd) in most PPR leagues. It mainly has to do with the offensive philosophy in Miami being more run focused. Then again, they've never really had a WR talent like Marshall in Miami, so maybe that opens the playbook a little. And you can't really count Chad Henne as a negative considering Marshall made Kyle Orton look good last year. You could make a case for Marshall being drafted as a top 5 WR. but there's still that risk of him doing something stupid like putting his arm through a TV. I personally would prefer a safer option like Roddy White or a higher ceiling like Miles Austin in the 2nd.

I voted 3rd, but this is a really tough call. I think I would hope he'd fall to me in the third, but I suspect he'll be taken by the late 2nd (or maybe 1st pick or two of the 3rd) in most PPR leagues. It mainly has to do with the offensive philosophy in Miami being more run focused. Then again, they've never really had a WR talent like Marshall in Miami, so maybe that opens the playbook a little. And you can't really count Chad Henne as a negative considering Marshall made Kyle Orton look good last year. You could make a case for Marshall being drafted as a top 5 WR. but there's still that risk of him doing something stupid like putting his arm through a TV. I personally would prefer a safer option like Roddy White or a higher ceiling like Miles Austin in the 2nd.

I think Marshall has a good year again. He is on a far better offensive team this year. Denver was a mediocre team at best with a dead arm QB. I easily see his yards and TDs going up and he should be near the 100 catches. I agree with MTSuper that I would likely take Roddy or Miles ahead of him, but if he is there at the middle or end of the 2nd I scoop him and never look back.

Brandon Marshall is crazy good, and this is coming from a Raiders fan. I would definitely take him as a WR2, seeing as my WR1 in almost all leagues is Andre Johnson. I would go as far as saying I would draft him over Reggie Wayne and Larry Fitzgerald.

Marshall is a player that I would think about nabbing around the 2-3 turn. If I went AD/CJ, then came back with 2 picks at or around the turn, Marshall would be in consideration if he were on the board.

ETA: Marshall and Fitz are easily top 5 WR talent. I know they are ranked lower because of situation, but with WRs in particular I err towards the side of talent.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Marshall is a BEAST in my opinion. All the guy does is produce. AJ is the clear cut #1, but in my opinion from there on out there are question marks with the WRs that lump them in similar groups.... I think a late 2nd rounder is a decent value, but mid-late 3rd would be a steal in my opinion.

Brandon Marshall is crazy good, and this is coming from a Raiders fan. I would definitely take him as a WR2, seeing as my WR1 in almost all leagues is Andre Johnson. I would go as far as saying I would draft him over Reggie Wayne and Larry Fitzgerald.

I won't say I'd definitely take him ahead of Wayne and Fitzgerald but along with Moss I'd certainly put him somehwere in the conversation. Alot of balls being thrown around in Indy but there are alot of quality hands to catch them. Fitz lost a very good QB for one who has been nothing but mediocre. Moss is, well, Moss. If the draft comes to me as such I would seriously consider him early to mid second and in my leagues if I didn't pull the trigger there I'd likely have no shot at him later.

Edited by BS Miscreant

In a 16-team league, I got him at 2.03, and am thrilled.

I had a feeling this was coming. :wacko: Not too mention that you paired him with Fitz.