[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SINCE IT ALL BEGINS IN LESS THAN A MONTH

BS Miscreant

USA Today Preseason Poll (some potential early top 10 shake ups)

1. Alabama (get Florida first week of Oct... and Penn St week 2)

2. Ohio State (get Miami week 2)

3. Florida (see Bama... and don't forget those mighty Bulls of USF week 2)

4. Texas (get the Sooners first week of Oct)

5. Boise State ( Va Tech to kick off the season)

6. Virginia Tech (see Boise)

7. TCU (start the season with the Beavers of OSU)

8. Oklahoma (see Texas... and FSU week 2?)

9. Nebraska (@ Washington week 3?)

10. Iowa (Penn St first week of Oct)

11. Oregon

12. Wisconsin

13. Miami (FL)

14. Penn State

15. Pittsburgh

16. LSU

17. Georgia Tech

18. North Carolina

19. Arkansas

20. Florida State

21. Georgia

22. Oregon State (get to play spoiler for two BCS "spoilers"? TCU and Boise in Sept)

23. Auburn

24. Utah

24. West Virginia

After losing the guys they did on the D side of the ball to the NFL I gotta assume Bama's ranking is coaches being coaches (ie defending champs and all)

Definitely a good looking first month.

I think Nebraska is too high. They still have serious questions at QB (along with linebacker, safety, and a O line but QB is the serious one). They should be in the 13 to 17-ish. It's still nice to have them preseason ranked in the top 10. I think coaches were pretty impressed with how they finished the big 12 championship and the bowl game against Arizona.

Wow! Have you seen LSU's schedule? :wacko:

My LSU enthusiasm will be tested early and often this season.

Tigers have two highly competitive early season out of conference matchups. LSU opens the season up at the Georgia Dome vs ACC contender North Carolina and a few weeks later host one of the Big East favorites West Virginia. After the Mountainteer game, they get Tennessee prior to heading over to Gainesville for an early October matchup versus the Gators.

What a schedule! Tigers face 6 of the top preseason 24 including 2 of the top 3 nationally ranked teams. :tup:

Good news...LSU is arguably one of college football's most talented teams according to the recruiting sites.

Wow! Have you seen LSU's schedule? :wacko:

My LSU enthusiasm will be tested early and often this season.

Tigers have two highly competitive early season out of conference matchups. LSU opens the season up at the Georgia Dome vs ACC contender North Carolina and a few weeks later host one of the Big East favorites West Virginia. After the Mountainteer game, they get Tennessee prior to heading over to Gainesville for an early October matchup versus the Gators.

What a schedule! Tigers face 6 of the top preseason 24 including 2 of the top 3 nationally ranked teams. :tup:

Good news...LSU is arguably one of college football's most talented teams according to the recruiting sites.

But they have a handicap at coach. Dude let's be serious here, they were picked 4th in the west division of the SEC. Jefferson will have to be a whole lot better than what he showed last year, they have an unproven running game and a questionable O line. Their DB's are ?? any quality passing team is going to lite them up. I'm really excited about next year, but they will take their lumps this year. and before you go off ranting about my loyalty and all. I'm a homer just more realistic than you.

If they move the ball and score on NC then I may have to say I was wrong. Trust me I don't mind eating crow, I just don't have any faith in their O this year.

USA Today Preseason Poll (some potential early top 10 shake ups)

1. Alabama (get Florida first week of Oct... and it doesn't matter who they play week 2 Penn St week 2)

9. Ohio State (get Miami week 2) Oh, no, Miami blows...

6. Florida (see Bama... and don't forget those mighty Bulls of USF week 2)

2. Texas (get the Sooners first week of Oct)

11. Boise State ( Va Tech to kick their ass in the first game of the season)

3. Virginia Tech (see Boise) meh

5. TCU (start the season with the Beavers of OSU)

4. Oklahoma (see Texas... and will trounce FSU week 2?)

9. Nebraska (@ Washington week 3?)

10. Iowa (an irrelevant Penn St first week of Oct)

7. Oregon

13. Wisconsin

19. Miami (FL)

23. Penn State

15. Pittsburgh

8. LSU

14. Georgia Tech

16. North Carolina

22. Arkansas (best pro prospect QB in NCAA)

20. Florida State

12. Georgia

21. Oregon State (get to play spoiler for two BCS "spoilers"? TCU and Boise in Sept)

17. Auburn

18. Utah

24. West Virginia

After losing the guys they did on the D side of the ball to the NFL I gotta assume Nebraska's ranking is due to the fact that people have overhyped them (but I really don't see many teams above them that are that much better.) :wacko:

Definitely a good looking first month.

Edited by SEC=UGA

But they have a handicap at coach. Dude let's be serious here, they were picked 4th in the west division of the SEC. Jefferson will have to be a whole lot better than what he showed last year, they have an unproven running game and a questionable O line. Their DB's are ?? any quality passing team is going to lite them up. I'm really excited about next year, but they will take their lumps this year. and before you go off ranting about my loyalty and all. I'm a homer just more realistic than you.

If they move the ball and score on NC then I may have to say I was wrong. Trust me I don't mind eating crow, I just don't have any faith in their O this year.

LSU handicapped at coach? I could only wish my golf game had that kind of a handicap. :wacko:

Slayer, how old are you? My guess is that you haven't been a Tiger fan for that long. If so, then you would appreciate the fact that since Coach Miles hire all of us Tiger fans have been treated to the most successful 5 years in LSU football history.

Let's see. Going into the upcoming season Coach Miles record at LSU is 51-15. And it's not like he's just beating up on inferior teams. 18 of those wins came against top 25 teams while 8 were against top ten teams. Hard to improve on his bowl record either at 4-1 which includes 2-0 in BCS Bowls and a BCS National Championship. Not to mention Coach Miles recruiting classes are consistently ranked in the top ten by rivals and scout.

Explain how that translates to coaching being a handicap? Geez...grow up dude!

cannot freaking wait - The Pac 10 is as wide open as it has ever been- USC, Oregon, Stan, OSU, Cal, UW, UA all in the mix

The talent at QB in the conference this year is remarkable and unparalleled nation-wide.

You all want to see top-level NFL caliber QB - tune in to Locker, Luck, Foles, Barkley, Riley and even Prince at UCLA

big test early for my Cats with #10 Iowa coming to town. Played them tough failry early last year before Foles took over, I think UA will take care of biz in the desert and be in the top 25

Bring it on!!

LSU handicapped at coach? I could only wish my golf game had that kind of a handicap. :wacko:

Slayer, how old are you? My guess is that you haven't been a Tiger fan for that long. If so, then you would appreciate the fact that since Coach Miles hire all of us Tiger fans have been treated to the most successful 5 years in LSU football history.

Let's see. Going into the upcoming season Coach Miles record at LSU is 51-15. And it's not like he's just beating up on inferior teams. 18 of those wins came against top 25 teams while 8 were against top ten teams. Hard to improve on his bowl record either at 4-1 which includes 2-0 in BCS Bowls and a BCS National Championship. Not to mention Coach Miles recruiting classes are consistently ranked in the top ten by rivals and scout.

Explain how that translates to coaching being a handicap? Geez...grow up dude!

I still feel most of that was on Saban's talent that he put in place for Miles. Last year and this year is all Miles recruiting and it doesn't look good. So will you cry if Les doesn't win 9 this year and they can his azz?

cannot freaking wait - The Pac 10 is as wide open as it has ever been- USC, Oregon, Stan, OSU, Cal, UW, UA all in the mix

The talent at QB in the conference this year is remarkable and unparalleled nation-wide.

You all want to see top-level NFL caliber QB - tune in to Locker, Luck, Foles, Barkley, Riley and even Prince at UCLA

big test early for my Cats with #10 Iowa coming to town. Played them tough failry early last year before Foles took over, I think UA will take care of biz in the desert and be in the top 25

Bring it on!!

USC less Pac 10 really hurts your conference.

My thoughts on my Hawkeyes this year...

Tough early season trip to Tuscon vs Arizona. Iowa has not fared well traveling out west. In fact the last 2 trips to the state of Arizona were not pretty (1998 vs Arizona, though in Iowa's defense, that was probably their 2nd worst Hawkeye team of my lifetime) and 2004 vs Arizona State (still have no idea what happened there, because by the end of the year, Iowa was one of the best teams in the country) . Both blow outs, both as ugly as it gets.

As far as the Big Ten schedule goes, all of the tough games are at home, as opposed to last year. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe that's not. Last year they seemed to play a lot more confident on the road. The Big Ten once again looks to be pretty solid on top with Ohio State (my pick to win it all) Iowa, Wisconsin, and Penn State, all fielding solid clubs.

Iowa returns a lot of starters, but the guys they are replacing, will all be playing on Sundays this year. My biggest concern is the offensive line. On paper they've been very deep over the past couple years, but you still never know. Riley Reif moving to left tackle is good though, as he filled in nicely for Bulaga last season at that spot.

Then it comes down to Ricky Stanzi. It's time for him to act like a senior. The pick 6's last year were out of control, and I just can't see the defense being able to put out EVERY fire that he creates. At some point, any defense will break.

Defensively, we should be outstanding again, though replacing 3 big time starters (Angrerer, Edds, and Spievey, all drafted, all should contribute in the NFL) . The defensive line though is all back, and the best in the big ten, and one of the best in the country. Adrian Claiborn is an absolute beast, and doesn't get the national credit he deserves. Iowa has been deep at linebacker, so replacing Angrerer and Edds, shouldn't be difficult, and they've always seemed to be able to re-load at that position. I love Iowa's d, but the x-factor is the fact that they were alll able to stay relatively healthy last season. Having that same kind of luck in terms of injuries will be tough to match in 2010.

If Iowa can come out of Tuscon with a win and start the season 4-0, then I think the biggest dreams can still come true. So right now, I'll just dream big, and enjoy the ride.

Yeah picked 4th in the SEC west, then this poll has them above Auburn and Arkansas who are supposed to beat them out...how does that work?

I still feel most of that was on Saban's talent that he put in place for Miles. Last year and this year is all Miles recruiting and it doesn't look good. So will you cry if Les doesn't win 9 this year and they can his azz?

Recruitings not the problem, I think LSU ranked in the top 5 among recruiting classes in the nation.....

thats what scares me....not expecting too much this year, but still have faith....live in Fayetteville and the only game that matters to me is the one in Little Rock this year... lets hope Tejada is still kicking through November

Recruitings not the problem, I think LSU ranked in the top 5 among recruiting classes in the nation.....

The biggest knock I have with Coach Miles is that his recruits don't seem as discipline as Coach Saban's were at LSU.

I know it's funny to criticize a Coach the year he wins a National Championship, however I recall two games in particular (the year they won their 2nd BCS Championship) when a player had a dumb stupid penalty and Coach Miles didn't go crazy. Once against South Carolina and the other against Kentucky. LSU survived the Gamecock game that year but lost the Kentucky game in triple OT. There is no doubt Coach Saban would not tolerate those kinds of bone headed penalties. That's not to say Saban's way is any better than Miles, however I'm more like Saban when it comes to BS penalties.

They drive me :wacko:

Personally I would like to see Miles be a little more diversfied when it comes to recruiting. What I mean by that is not just recruit the most athletic kids, but also recruit winners/leaders for the team. Hester and Flynn are two great examples. They might not have been the most talented at their positions but they did what it takes to win Championships. :tup:

Edited by Rockerbraves

My thoughts on my Hawkeyes this year...

Right now, I'll just dream big, and enjoy the ride.

Brian I'm excited for you and your Hawkeyes this season. :wacko:

Guess we'll see if all the $$$ you guys have been paying Coach Ferentz will finally payoff? Regardless of what happens at least you get the enjoyment of preseason dreaming. Many Tiger fans like Slayer have forgotten the joy of dreaming because they now expect it. :tup:

Edited by Rockerbraves

The biggest knock I have with Coach Miles is that his recruits don't seem as discipline as Coach Saban's were at LSU.

I know it's funny to criticize a Coach the year he wins a National Championship, however I recall two games in particular (the year they won their 2nd BCS Championship) when a player had a dumb stupid penalty and Coach Miles didn't go crazy. Once against South Carolina and the other against Kentucky. LSU survived the Gamecock game that year but lost the Kentucky game in triple OT. There is no doubt Coach Saban would not tolerate those kinds of bone headed penalties. That's not to say Saban's way is any better than Miles, however I'm more like Saban when it comes to BS penalties.

They drive me :wacko:

Personally I would like to see Miles be a little more diversfied when it comes to recruiting. What I mean by that is not just recruit the most athletic kids, but also recruit winners/leaders for the team. Hester and Flynn are two great examples. They might not have been the most talented at their positions but they did what it takes to win Championships. :tup:

Be very happy you aren't a UGA fan if this drives you nuts... I want Richt fired for this very reason at least 12 times every game...

Be very happy you aren't a UGA fan if this drives you nuts... I want Richt fired for this very reason at least 12 times every game...

What, you mean you didn't like it when Richt used to call the ol' up-the-gut on third and 10?

Catches em off-guard everytime :wacko:

I worry about Richt's lack of control over our players just as much. That's what happens when you try to be the "nice guy" coach"; you get a bunch of penalties and arrest warrants.... Well, I guess it makes sense, Richt did come from FLA State.