[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Jennings

Jeffrey Lebowski

He had a few moments last season but all in all people who drafted him early did not get value for him. Now I see he's the 8th reciever on the Huddle's board. I know the Packers will have a fine offense but I dont know that I can chance being burned by him again.

Thoughts?

Edited by Jeffrey Lebowski

I'll pass on him. If you take him, you have to play him since you've spent a high round pick. Then he goes out and puts up goose eggs. I'm leary

I'm passing on him. I think Jones, Finley, and Driver (if healthy) will put up decent numbers. Not great, but decent.

Jennings has proven he can have monster games and be productive...but he can also lay eggs. There are too many weapons for AR to go with.

I'm passing on him. I think Jones, Finley, and Driver (if healthy) will put up decent numbers. Not great, but decent.

I think Finley is going to have a really nice year, and can be had after the first wave of tight ends. IMO he'll be a top 3 guy at the position without drafting him as a top 3. This is the year I draft a decent tight end!

Anyway I think I'll take a hands off on Jennings...not much has changed from a year ago and he just vanished for chunks of games.

I think Finley is going to have a really nice year, and can be had after the first wave of tight ends. IMO he'll be a top 3 guy at the position without drafting him as a top 3. This is the year I draft a decent tight end!

Anyway I think I'll take a hands off on Jennings...not much has changed from a year ago and he just vanished for chunks of games.

Don't know your league but in most drafts I've seen and been in he is always in the first three TE's off the board.

Jennings has proven he can have monster games and be productive...but he can also lay eggs. There are too many weapons for AR to go with.

So even though Aaron Rodgers put up back to back 4,000 yard 30 touchdown seasons, you don't think any of them will do anything more than decent? :wacko: Finley over the last five weeks of the season was the no.1 TE in the league.

Back to the topic at hand... Jennings had one of the lowest drop rates of any receiver in the league last year, and he's on an elite offense. He's a safe bet for 1,100 yards, but his touchdowns could be anywhere from 4-12. He's also going to be the no.2 option for Aaron Rodgers, as Rodgers favorite target is Finley.

I can see Jennings around 8, but after the first 6-7 WR's are off the board I see a drop off where you can go with any number of guys and it makes sense.

Jennings (just) is outside my top 10 but I'd have no problem w/him after that. Last year was likely his floor and odds very good all his numbers (esp TDs) will go back up. Also I don't get this bit of him having so many horrible games. No I wouldn't want as my #1, but if you waited too long on WRs or persue a strong WR2, there's little downside and considerable upside.

The fact that he seems to "completely vanish" at times is a concern for me. No doubt there is talent there, but very few wideouts in the same general ADP are non existant as often as he was last year, but I don't think he can be worse than last year, so if you go in expecting what you got last year or a little more I think that would be proper value.

The fact that he seems to "completely vanish" at times is a concern for me. No doubt there is talent there, but very few wideouts in the same general ADP are non existant as often as he was last year,

Actually most if not all are. Course I don't have him as high as some, so if you're comparing him to (eg) Rice's monster year, you're right, but I put him around the Boldin/D Jackson area, where he aligns very similarly. Plus Rice is likely to come back to Earth a bit and Jennings likely to go up a notch, so.......

I'm not saying he's amazing value, but not getting the "no way will I take him" stuff.

Jennings (just) is outside my top 10 but I'd have no problem w/him after that. Last year was likely his floor and odds very good all his numbers (esp TDs) will go back up. Also I don't get this bit of him having so many horrible games. No I wouldn't want as my #1, but if you waited too long on WRs or persue a strong WR2, there's little downside and considerable upside.

This

I wouldn't expect Jennings to post only 4 TDs again this year after averaging over 10 a year the 2 years before that. You bring his TDs numbers from last year up to what his standard is and factor in his injury in the beginning of last season, and Jennings lands right about at WR8. I have a feeling you may see him fall a bit this year as drafts go on based upon his previous year's performance, which means he'll probably be decent value with some upside.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I've either heard or read this several times over the last several days and it accounts to some degree for the "vanishing" at times thing. Aaron Rodgers has a ton of weapons in his arsenal and because of this you will likely see the high numbers get passed around from week to week. I feel very similarly about the Saints WRs. I love Brees but I get a bit apprehensive when it comes to taking the other guys real high.

Am I only one who finds this expression really annoying? Just asking.

Hardly. It ranks up there with "really?" and "seriously?" But we digress.

BS, good point on Rodgers spreading it around Brees-like, but I think Jennings will continue to be "1a" and get enough looks that he is top 10 material. I also don't think Finley is going to explode quite as much as seemingly everyone else does, although I do like him this year.

I've either heard or read this several times over the last several days and it accounts to some degree for the "vanishing" at times thing. Aaron Rodgers has a ton of weapons in his arsenal and because of this you will likely see the high numbers get passed around from week to week. I feel very similarly about the Saints WRs. I love Brees but I get a bit apprehensive when it comes to taking the other guys real high.

I think the same thing can be said about the Bengels this year. Palmer has a ton of weapons. I don't think I want any of them, but I will sure as heck take Delhomme.

I remember plenty of times last year where Jennings "almost" had a TD but was just unlucky - sometimes it's the stuff that you don't see in the stats...

I have no problem putting Jennings back inside my top 10 and I think that Jennings/Rodgers will click this year as will Finley....but outside of those three, I wouldn't want to own another Packers player on offense....I don't care how good Driver looks, I always let someone else draft him..

Hardly. It ranks up there with "really?" and "seriously?" But we digress.

BS, good point on Rodgers spreading it around Brees-like, but I think Jennings will continue to be "1a" and get enough looks that he is top 10 material. I also don't think Finley is going to explode quite as much as seemingly everyone else does, although I do like him this year.

Agreed on Finley. He's talented for sure, but I'm hearing people drooling over him and crowing about taking him as TE1 in FF drafts. That's nuts.

I think the same thing can be said about the Bengels this year. Palmer has a ton of weapons. I don't think I want any of them, but I will sure as heck take Delhomme.

eh... ooops. I meant Palmer.

I had Delhomme in my head as a guy (unlike Brees, Rogers or Palmer) who is the type of QB to make one guys numbers skyrocket.

it was early (and a Monday for me)