[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is My Fantasy League worth paying for?

devildog0311

There are other sites like CBS and ESPN that are free. We've had our league with My Fantasy League (a keeper) for the last few years. A few are complaining about the cost of My FF. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Are the other sites worth going free, do they accommodate keeper leagues? What are some pro's and con's?

Pretty easy to use yahoo and espn both. We switched from MFL but our league was small fries - $40 a team so it didn't make sense to pay $80 for a league. It has added that $80 to the kitty and everyone has appreciated that.

I do love the MFL but if everyone is live scoring for free not sure why anyone would want to pay.

Pretty easy to use yahoo and espn both. We switched from MFL but our league was small fries - $40 a team so it didn't make sense to pay $80 for a league. It has added that $80 to the kitty and everyone has appreciated that.

I do love the MFL but if everyone is live scoring for free not sure why anyone would want to pay.

customizable scoring, league setup are just a couple of reasons.

MFL, imo is worth every penny.

Yep. The others are OK for casual leagues but if you want more customization, IMO it's worth it. Plus it has such a much better look/feel to it. Even for a 10 team league that's only $7 per person, less than 50 cents per week of the season. BFD, IMO.

One of the main things that you pay for at MFL is the peace of mind knowing that they are fairly reliable come Sunday morning. Free sites are notorious for going down or limiting your access at the most crucial moments. Now of course all sites have some level of suseptibility to this during peak times, but the pay sites like MFL seem to handle it very well and in a timely manner. They have more incentive to keep their paying customers happy.

It's worth the cost as long as the league fees are substantial enough. If the league has a $20 or less entry (12 or fewer teams), it becomes hard to justify 40+ % of the overall costs going to hosting the site. But generally most leagues will have a higher buy-in than this. The range of customization makes MFL worth it for most leagues.

The last few years my big $$ league used CBS sportsline, however we started having an issue justifying the $160 fee that went with it. We switched to Yahoo last year and well, you get what you pay for. Based on all the things I've read here in this forum, I recommended MFL to the commish and we're gonna try it this year.

Many of the free sites are becoming more Keeper/Dynasty friendly. What it comes down to is if you will have to give anything up in your settings (scoring, rosters, so on). If what they have available fits your needs then it sounds like your needs are met.

What puts the "MY"in MyFantasyLeague is the customization, both in settings as well as appearance. You can make your league like it's own website or appear like it is a part of your website/blog if you have one with some changes here and there in CSS. Check out the customization forum at MFL.com if you want to get an idea of what can be done.

If control is what you want, you get it at MFL.com and it is worth the money. If your owners are seasonal owners that don't really care about visual customization (and the settings fit like mentioned) than teh free route is fine.

Personally...I would run every league at MFL.com if I had the cash and that is because the visual part is important to me.

Also, I'm in several MFL.com leagues and their Live Scoring app is awesome putting them all in one place.

One of the main things that you pay for at MFL is the peace of mind knowing that they are fairly reliable come Sunday morning. Free sites are notorious for going down or limiting your access at the most crucial moments. Now of course all sites have some level of suseptibility to this during peak times, but the pay sites like MFL seem to handle it very well and in a timely manner. They have more incentive to keep their paying customers happy.

Except when CBS went down a couple times in a few seasons and they actually refunded our fee back. I've done them all and you actually can customize yahoo as well as roster positions. The biggest drawback to yahoo was the commish tools. If I actually had to go back in and change something it was a little tough but was do-able.

If you are going to pay for it MFL is by far the best IMO. Then CBS and the two don't even compare. Yahoo is the best free then ESPN but I hear ESPN has come a long way this year. If you can go in and customize like doing ppr and stuff like that as well as have full commish powers they might be the way to go. I even see that you can now custom code your league page like MFL...

I guess I always answer these questions from a Commish point of view. I can say that one year I was going to start a redraft league to a free site and two of the guys paid for the league to have it at MFL because they wanted to use that.

For those who care about actual league configuration, there are better sites available for cheaper. If you want to pretty up your site, enjoying paying for it.

Excellent! Will these sites support this scoring?

Event	Range (Low-High)	PointsNumber of Passing TDs		4 points eachPassing Yards		.041 point for every 1Pass Completions		.15 point for every 1Pass Incompletions		-.15 point for every 1Pass Interceptions Thrown		-2 points eachPassing 2 Pointers		2 points eachNumber of Rushing TDs		6 points eachRushing Yards		.1 point for every 1Rushing 2 Pointers		2 points eachNumber of Receiving TDs		6 points eachReceiving Yards		.1 point for every 1Receptions		.75 points eachReceiving 2 Pointers		2 points eachLength of Field Goal Made	0-39	3Length of Field Goal Made	40-49	4Length of Field Goal Made	50-59	5Length of Field Goal Made	60-99	6Length of Missed Field Goal	0-39	-2Extra Points		1 point eachExtra Points Missed		-1 point eachPunt Yards		.02 point for every 1Punts Inside 20		1 point eachPunt Return Yards		.04 point for every 1Kickoff Return Yards		.025 point for every 1Fumbles Lost (to Opponent)		-4 points eachFumble Recoveries (from Opponent)		2 points eachOpponent Fumble Recovery Yards		.04 point for every 1Number of Offensive Fumble Recovery TDs		6 points eachForced Fumbles		3 points eachInterceptions Caught		4 points eachInterception Return Yards		.04 point for every 1Passes Defensed		2 points eachBlocked Field Goals		3 points eachBlocked Punts		3 points eachBlocked Extra Points		2 points eachTackles		1.7 points eachAssists		.85 points eachSacked a QB		2 point for every .5Safeties		5 points eachNumber of Defensive & Special Teams TDs		6 points each

Excellent! Will these sites support this scoring?

Event	Range (Low-High)	PointsNumber of Passing TDs		4 points eachPassing Yards		.041 point for every 1Pass Completions		.15 point for every 1Pass Incompletions		-.15 point for every 1Pass Interceptions Thrown		-2 points eachPassing 2 Pointers		2 points eachNumber of Rushing TDs		6 points eachRushing Yards		.1 point for every 1Rushing 2 Pointers		2 points eachNumber of Receiving TDs		6 points eachReceiving Yards		.1 point for every 1Receptions		.75 points eachReceiving 2 Pointers		2 points eachLength of Field Goal Made	0-39	3Length of Field Goal Made	40-49	4Length of Field Goal Made	50-59	5Length of Field Goal Made	60-99	6Length of Missed Field Goal	0-39	-2Extra Points		1 point eachExtra Points Missed		-1 point eachPunt Yards		.02 point for every 1Punts Inside 20		1 point eachPunt Return Yards		.04 point for every 1Kickoff Return Yards		.025 point for every 1Fumbles Lost (to Opponent)		-4 points eachFumble Recoveries (from Opponent)		2 points eachOpponent Fumble Recovery Yards		.04 point for every 1Number of Offensive Fumble Recovery TDs		6 points eachForced Fumbles		3 points eachInterceptions Caught		4 points eachInterception Return Yards		.04 point for every 1Passes Defensed		2 points eachBlocked Field Goals		3 points eachBlocked Punts		3 points eachBlocked Extra Points		2 points eachTackles		1.7 points eachAssists		.85 points eachSacked a QB		2 point for every .5Safeties		5 points eachNumber of Defensive & Special Teams TDs		6 points each

pftt...you don't even have graduated PPR :wacko:

Because MFL is responsive and helpful when you have problems and a lot more customizable.

Thinking about making the switch from Rtsports to MFL. Anyone else leave RTS for MFL? Was it a good move?

years ago....I liked RTS but I like MFL as much if not more and I think MFL is cheaper to boot....and when I say a long time ago, I mean like 8 yrs or so ago.