[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Steven Jackson

j2v

Elite back or bust waiting to happen?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you take Steven Jackson this year?

• Top half of first round; he?s elite
    • Bottom half of first round; he?s the best of the rest
    • Early second round; not a fan, but if he slides that far he?s a value
    • Not going anywhere near him this year; he?s a bust waiting to happen

THe line looked a lot better last night. But for god's sake put freaking Jackson in WITH Bradford. The defenses are flooding the line because Omycaca can't block worth crapola.

it WAS the Browns. Without Shaun Rogers too...

SJax is someone I'd take early 2nd but not 1st round in a 10 teamer

• 2 weeks later...

It's been over a week since I've seen any S-Jax chatter... in one of my leagues the commish likes to wait until the day before the draft to give out draft pick slots "for fun," and I just found out I have 11... In my mind, I can get a pretty good WR in either 1 or 2, so I'm wondering about S-Jax. Anybody have any thoughts on him lately? I mean, 1,400 yds is pretty good, although I'm aware of the many reasons to not draft him...

Good thread.

Steven Jackson is what he is. A stud who lets you down for portions of a season.

Over the last 4 years he's averaged a #7 RB ranking in FP per start. However, that's the rub... Per Start.

He misses a few games with different injuries, throwing your rhythm off. He often forces you to make trades out of necessity. And I'm not even counting the 2 or 3 other times where Jackson's a game-time decision. If St. Louis plays at 4:00 that day it really stresses you out.

Jackson's healthy, he's a top-8 fantasy back, almost guaranteed. Occasionally he'll handle the ball 33 times and roll over 160 total yards with a TD or two, virtually handing you a "W"......

Personally I haven't selected him in the 1st round in years and now that he's approaching 2000 career touches I never will again. But if you take him at 1.9 I totally understand it.

JUM

Edited by JUMbotron

Good thread.

Steven Jackson is what he is. A stud who lets you down for portions of a season.

Over the last 4 years he's averaged a #7 RB ranking in FP per start. However, that's the rub... Per Start.

He misses a few games with different injuries, throwing your rhythm off. He often forces you to make trades out of necessity. And I'm not even counting the 2 or 3 other times where Jackson's a game-time decision. If St. Louis plays at 4:00 that day it really stresses you out.

Jackson's healthy, he's a top-8 fantasy back, almost guaranteed. Occasionally he'll handle the ball 33 times and roll over 160 total yards with a TD or two, virtually handing you a "W"......

Personally I haven't selected him in the 1st round in years and now that he's approaching 2000 career touches I never will again. But if you take him at 1.9 I totally understand it.

JUM

I think this is dead-on there, Jum. As a STL homer I can tell you that the Rams are very much planning to lean on him HARD to open up the field and slow the game down for Sam I Am, just like I'm sure everyone expects. With that kind of workload on tap again, it's silly to expect 16 games from him. That said, he remains one of the few backs in the league with absolutely no competition for carries. If he's upright, he'll get 30 or so touches a game. Too risky for my blood in the first round, but a pretty solid pick in the top half of the second.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...&id=5499511

He's put on weight and shed body fat and says he's in amazing shape. In PPR leagues I'm taking this guy at the end of the first round all day, in standard formats maybe mid 2nd round, but for where he's getting drafted he's good value.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...&id=5499511

He's put on weight and shed body fat and says he's in amazing shape. In PPR leagues I'm taking this guy at the end of the first round all day, in standard formats maybe mid 2nd round, but for where he's getting drafted he's good value.

He's always been a beast. I wouldn't read too much in to that.