[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coffee Announces Retirement?

Travelling on business all day yesterday, I preselected my next two draft picks so as not to hold things up, one of which was the backup SFO RB. Sure enough, I just saw this, rushed over to MFL to check and the very last pick, made only a couple hours ago was Glen Coffee.

Y'all can friggin' wait on me next time. :wacko:

All kidding aside, this actually brings up an interesting discussion. Pat Tillman was called a hero for leaving football to serve his country. Coffee leaves football to serve a higher power and he's a quitter. :wacko:

Just arguing semantics as much as anything; I don't think Tillman used the language of "retiring" from the NFL (IIRC his plan was to serve for 4 yrs and try to come back to the NFL), so I wouldn't have said anything.

Just because you "quit" something doesn't necessarily mean you are a "quitter" in the pejorative sense; just like when someone loses at whatever they are not a "loser."

• 1 month later...
Just arguing semantics as much as anything; I don't think Tillman used the language of "retiring" from the NFL (IIRC his plan was to serve for 4 yrs and try to come back to the NFL), so I wouldn't have said anything.

Just because you "quit" something doesn't necessarily mean you are a "quitter" in the pejorative sense; just like when someone loses at whatever they are not a "loser."

Now how about when somebody says they're quitting the NFL and millions to join the ministry, and then immediately load up and start gang banging as soon as they get their foot out the door? What would you call that person?

Now how about when somebody says they're quitting the NFL and millions to join the ministry, and then immediately load up and start gang banging as soon as they get their foot out the door? What would you call that person?

didn't see a reference to 'gang banging'

Edited by Jackass

Right...driving an unregistered caddy with a loaded gat right by his side...I'm sure there's nothing else going on there. Read between the lines.

There's a special place in hell for racists like you.