[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Percy Harvin

piratesownninjas

The Vikings have sent a "five-day letter" to Percy Harvin as a warning to rejoin the team, according to a report from Profootballtalk.com. Analysis: The letter means Harvin has five days to report to the team or risk suspension and/or fines. Harvin has been dealing with migraines, but there's also been speculation that he and Sidney Rice are purposely avoiding the rigors of camp as long as Brett Favre stays away. At the very least, Harvin can report to team headquarters and let the Vikes' medical staff contribute to the management of his migraines.

I'm not trying to stir things up, but I am curious if Vikes homers could weigh in on the bolded part. Is there really speculation that Harvin and Rice are not practicing because Favre doesnt have to, or is it because of migraines/hip injuries? I tend to think it has more to do with that then Favre's not being there. What are the beat writers saying about this, or is it just pft fluff?

Thou must follow in the footsteps of thy savior and chosen one . . . :Brett favre.

Yea . . let him set the example for others to follow to the promised land of the NFC Championship . . . and lead the youngsters into temptation of avoiding training camp.

halleluja

Amen.

:wacko:

I haven't heard this theory about Harvin but there is talk that something isn't right...Migranes don't last this long and the funeral was last week I believe...no reason he shouldn't be with the team...

very odd

There is, for sure. There is speculation that his neck injury last year actually cost spinal cord or nerve damage.

I can say for a fact the chronic migraines can, and do, last for WEEKS at a time. So lets put this little theory to bed. My mother can join and attest to this. Carry on with the Favre love.

I'm a victim of migraines on two seperate occassion. Once when I was a kid and when my adenoids gre to the size of a half dollar. Second is recently with nerve damage from 4 bulging disk on my c2 through my c5. I might have them for a week, but never striaght. Usually the days are fine but then they hit hard and heavey in the evening or late afternoon. Some get so bad I can only see half of my regular vision and I just sit there and drool.

Not discounting migraines by no means.... They are HORRIBLE things and you just want to freaking die!

According to the local media the entire team is looking for a new contract. But I have never heard of any serious talk such as "if Favre doesn't have to practice than I don't either".

They also like to talk about the hits that Gerhart is taking in practice. Pat Williams was quoted as saying that the rookies want to get paid like they've been here before but they haven't. So there's definetly some contract thoughts and issues going on.

Sidney Rice is one of the players that will get hosed with the Leauge contract negotiations. There's this. link

Q. What determines an unrestricted free agent in the Final League Year (2010)?

A. In capped seasons, a player whose contract has expired becomes an unrestricted free agent if he has four or more accrued seasons. In the Final League Year (2010), a player whose contract has expired becomes an unrestricted free agent only if he has six or more accrued seasons. An unrestricted free agent is free to sign with any club with no compensation owed to his old club.

Sidney Rice has less than 4 years of experience. He would be in line for a big pay raise but the timing isn't good for him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/foot...a.qa/index.html

Edited by MikesVikes

According to the local media the entire team is looking for a new contract. But I have never heard of any serious talk such as "if Favre doesn't have to practice than I don't either".

They also like to talk about the hits that Gerhart is taking in practice. Pat Williams was quoted as saying that the rookies want to get paid like they've been here before but they haven't. So there's definetly some contract thoughts and issues going on.

Sidney Rice is one of the players that will get hosed with the Leauge contract negotiations. There's this. link

Q. What determines an unrestricted free agent in the Final League Year (2010)?

A. In capped seasons, a player whose contract has expired becomes an unrestricted free agent if he has four or more accrued seasons. In the Final League Year (2010), a player whose contract has expired becomes an unrestricted free agent only if he has six or more accrued seasons. An unrestricted free agent is free to sign with any club with no compensation owed to his old club.

Sidney Rice has less than 4 years of experience. He would be in line for a big pay raise but the timing isn't good for him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/foot...a.qa/index.html

Seems like most people around here are convinced the other players on the team (yes, there are others) dont care if Favre gets preferential treatment and I dont think you'd get any players to say they do care if/when you put a camera/mic in their face. I think it IS bugging them, though, and we're seeing other players decide to push the limits as well. AP missed a whole weekend of OTAs for "Adrian Peterson Day" in TX (which is set up by his aunt IIRC) for the love of god :tup: And that's always the risk you run when you give one player preferential treatment in a team sport. Chilly may have opened up Pandoras box (in addition to making a deal with the devil) when he actively pursued Favre and then let him call the shots. For all his talk of authority, Childress has undermined his own authority on multiple occasions since he was hired and its getting to the point you can argue the inmates are running the asylum like was the case under Green/Tice/etc.

As for guys like Rice and Ray Edwards being unhappy about their contract situations, I'd tell them if either of them played worth a chit before last year they likely wouldnt have to worry about it. With Rice, I can sympathize a little more as he has been injured and had the misfortune of having sub-par QBs throwing balls in his direction up until last year. Yeah, he blew way up last year but before that he was a non-factor. Edwards just needs to suck it up, though, and realize he has been a MASSIVE underachiver for the majority of his career despite playing on a line with 3 PRO BOWLERS. His couple nice games late last season dont mean Ziggy should be in a hugh hurry to get out the checkbook and throw him a big new contract so he can go back to being a lazy slug again. Edwards is the poster boy for many of the guys in the league now. They want to be paid based on the few bright moments in their career but dont want anyone questioning the other 90% of the time when they are lazy underachievers. Funny, when Edwards thought it meant more money for him in quick fashion, then he actually looked like a player :wacko:

The Vikings have sent a "five-day letter" to Percy Harvin as a warning to rejoin the team, according to a report from Profootballtalk.com. Analysis: The letter means Harvin has five days to report to the team or risk suspension and/or fines. Harvin has been dealing with migraines, but there's also been speculation that he and Sidney Rice are purposely avoiding the rigors of camp as long as Brett Favre stays away. At the very least, Harvin can report to team headquarters and let the Vikes' medical staff contribute to the management of his migraines.

I'm not trying to stir things up, but I am curious if Vikes homers could weigh in on the bolded part. Is there really speculation that Harvin and Rice are not practicing because Favre doesnt have to, or is it because of migraines/hip injuries? I tend to think it has more to do with that then Favre's not being there. What are the beat writers saying about this, or is it just pft fluff?

That story's got bs written all over it. local beat writers with nothing else to do.

Rice practiced in Minicamp and OTA's - no problem, but in training camp he is sore (just saying)

One Local beat guy (Zulgad) has been mentioning things just not smelling right - attributes less to the Favre and more to the contract/money but it is all speculation right now.

And by the way - Gerhart has been taking beatings since day one as MikesVikes mentions (sounds like over the top hits just to make a point) - still have not heard the full poopy on this one

Man, the Vikings situation just reeks of an implosion and a 7-9 or 6-10 season.

Too many small fires at the moment.

When the players first came in, I thought that the opposite was true. Everyone was reporting in in much better shape than they have in recent years. They all have noticed the Saints on the schedule for game 1. But now they are trying to find issues with the team.