[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2010 Projection Sp-sheet

rhino

Alrighty then...

The 2010 version of the Weighted (Wtd) Average (Avg) Projection Spreadsheet has been quickly made and posted. I don't have the time to collect my thoughts, so the following will be rambling (all over the place)...

1. Website to download from:

No Tight-End Required Projections

Tight-End Required Projections

2. The spreadsheet was made on a home pc with Windows XP, Office 2002. It contains macros. You will want to enable the macros to help with sorts, etc.

3. Even though it was build in Excel 2002, three different saved-formats are in each directory (TE-Reqd, No-TE-Reqd): Excel 2002, Excel 97, Excel 95. You want to use the 2002 version, if possible. This version contains all the intended features. If you cannot get the 2002 version to work, then try the Excel 97 version. It has all the intended features, I believe, but the file size is much larger and much more cumbersome. If all else fails, the version 95 is there. It loses alot of the functionality, but it's still there in bare-bone format.

4. Thanks to ts for assisting with the testing and trouble-shooting.

5. This thing was QUICKLY put together, due to lack of schedule. I'm sure there are issues with it. I don't even know if I updated TOwens to be on CIN. Check that.

6. The files on the website are .zip files. Makes for quicker uploads and downloads. You must unzip before using the .xls file. Each .zip file has exactly one .xls file.

7. Some of you will have troiubles opening the .xls spreadsheet. I do not have those problems, so it's hard to assist you with that. Here's a tip from ts:

Instead of double-clicking on the file to launch Excel and the file contents all at once, do the following:

a. Launch the Excel application first.

b. Go to File > Open >

c. Browse to the saved .xls file. Choose it.

d. Click <Open>

This usually works more times than not.

(ts was using Excel 2003 in his testing of the 2002 version of the spreadsheet)

8. It is recommended that you make a copy of the original file before updating it to your league's scoring rules, etc.

9. TIP: I make a separate copy of the spreadsheet for each league I'm in. How you use it is up to you.

10. The "Automatic Calculation" feature has been turned OFF, as the spreadsheet is very cumbersome if it's turned on and you're updating it to taylor it to your league and your projections. I recommend it to be turned OFF until you're very happy with the numbers and your tailoring. You can always hit <F9> to force a re-calculation of all the cells. This feature can be turned on/off via the Tools > Options > Calculation Tab.

11. Sorting must be done by the user, after the user's latest numbers have been entered and the recalculation has been performed. Buttons and macros have been provided to do that.

12. The huddle's PREMIUM projections are included in this spreadsheet. It's highly encouraged you keep this tool to its intended audience -- Huddlers. Anything else, I consider disrespectful to the owners of the Huddle.

13. Also included in this spreadsheet are free projections from FFToday, Fantasy Sharks, Whatifsports.com, Real Time Sports, ESPN, CBS Sports, and KFFL.

KFFL does not provide straight projections. Rather, they have a "range", by providing a Low and a High for each player, each statistic. Both the Low and High have been included in the sp-sheet.

14. In a perfect world, I would have time to provide updates to this spreadsheet when the sites make updates to their projections. Unfortunately, and I'm sorry, but I cannot promise updates at this time. Again, sorry.

15. After saving in different formats, zipping, and uploading, I noticed I forgot to make an update. Please do the following on all "Rank II" tabs: Change the "Current Year" value from 2009 to 2010. Sorry about that.

16. How to use it / taylor it to YOUR DRAFT:

a. Play with it.

b. SCORING Tab: Enter your league's scoring rules.

c. QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, DEF Tabs: Enter the WEIGHT you prefer to assign to each website. Leaving them all as "1" will provide a true average of all the projections collected. However, let's say you trust the Huddle projections more, and the Fantasy Sharks less, then up the Huddle to "10" (as an example), and then the Fantasy Sharks weight down to ".0001" (for example). NEVER set a weight to "0", as it can cause "divide by zero" errors.

d. (optional) QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, DEF Tabs: Enter your own projections for the players, under "My Projections" column.

e. (optional) Rank Tabs: Enter any "scoring anomalies" you expect that are not covered here. Example: Your league gives a bonus for a 300 yd passing day to QBs, and 100 yd rushing/receiving for others. These are not highly projected stats, so I don't account for them. However, you can make adjustments to a player's fantasy point output by entering something in the "Annual Points Adj".

f. Hit <F9> to recalculate. (often)

g. <Rank> Tab, sort by "YR PTS".

h. Hit <F9> to recalculate (copying the re-sort on the Rank Tab to the Rank II Tab.

That should be enough to get you started.

17. Rank Tab: If you hit the "update player list" button, it will copy over the information from the Position tab (QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, DEF). However, it will DISPLAY the first player on the position tab in every row of the Rank Tab. Example: Addai, Joseph all the way down the RB Rank tab. Simply hit the <F9> button to recalculate, and it will properly display all players.

18. I'm sure there will be some questions, some issues, and some suggestions. All are welcome. Post them here. And feel free to answer questions you're confident about. I'm sure you'll see the question / concern first, before I do.

19. This may be the last year of doing this sp-sheet. It's no longer a labor of love. But, time will tell.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd year trying to download this and SUCCESS!! Wow what a great tool. Thanks for all the hard work!! Now I know what everybody keeps raving about.

Thanks for your persistence. Glad it's finally working for you. And good luck.

Not that it matters much, but in both TE rankings, Zack Miller is listed as JAX twice. Now we all know its the OAK Miller who is highly coveted. Minor discrepancy to a bitchen app.

ETA:

Ever thought of making a widget for a smart phone? You could make a killing with the updates. And please, if you do, think of the Droid owners first. Thanks in advance. :wacko:

Edited by tazinib1

I've got 1 question, and it's a minor detail really.

It looks like the # of teams (managers) is set to 12 by default. Is there a way to set it to 10???

GREAT QUESTION!

Go to the Avg Pick tab. Cell M1 indicates the number of teams to compute the ADP against. Enter "10" here and then hit <F9> for recalculate.

(Should've included that in my ramblings above. Great question!)

I'm curious to know how the veterans use this cool tool.

One stop shop for stats?

Projections from many sites all in one place?

For ranking players? and if so, how do you weight the different sites? Not asking how to input into the spread, asking you how YOU weight the different sites...

All of the above???

Thanks,

CoH

Edited by Company of Heroes

As a brief update on potential 'known issues', more specifically as regards problems opening the file ... I was able to do some further testing this morning, using the v2002 edition of the xls file on a machine with Office/Excel 2007 loaded, and did NOT encounter any of the file open / file corruption problems using 2007 that were noticed when testing the file on Excel 2003 over the past weekend ... on Excel 2007, I could successfully launch the file directly from Windows Explorer, and did not have to resort to the 'workaround' noted below. As an aside, the F9 cell recalucation function works dramatically faster in Excel 2007 than it does in Excel 2003.

Even though I was only able to spend a short while testing in Excel 2007, I did not notice any anomalies using that version with the v2002 edition of the spreadsheet. The workaround described below may well be needed however, for those using Excel 2003 to view / manipulate the spreadsheet file.

Just an FYI for those interested.

7. Some of you will have troiubles opening the .xls spreadsheet. I do not have those problems, so it's hard to assist you with that. Here's a tip from ts:

Instead of double-clicking on the file to launch Excel and the file contents all at once, do the following:

a. Launch the Excel application first.

b. Go to File > Open >

c. Browse to the saved .xls file. Choose it.

d. Click <Open>

This usually works more times than not.

(ts was using Excel 2003 in his testing of the 2002 version of the spreadsheet)

Edited by ts