[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2010 Projection Sp-sheet

rhino

When I hit F9 or click on the GM PTS my sheets will not resort. I get an error message in reference to VBD. Now I tried to reinstall Excel but that does not seem to work. I am thinking that it might be that I am using the student addition and that VBD is not an option on it.

1 - what version of the rhino spreadsheet are you using?

2 - what version# of Office/Excel are you using? (ie Office 97, 2003, 2007, etc) ... you say the "student version" but having the base version#/build# (Excel > Help About) may provide a clue

3 - go to Windows Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > Application ... look for recent error or warning messages related to Excel ... provide the summary content of any error/warning message

You can PM me the above info if you like, rather than clogging this thread with those details.

E2A - make sure that you have Macros enabled!

Edit >> just as reference for anyone else that has an issue similar to the problem reported by Bree22, his problem was traced to not having Macros enabled in the spreadsheet. Carry on.

Edited by ts

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhino.... Thanks for doing the sheet again. I am lost

This year I need all the help I could get

You had three spreadsheets that you listed. What are the differences in the three of them?I was not sure If I needed all three of them or not.

I cannot wiat to ttry it out and see hoe it is.

THhanks

... You had three spreadsheets that you listed. What are the differences in the three of them?I was not sure If I needed all three of them or not...

See below, from the original post by rhino ... choose the TE or no-TE folder depending on your league rules, then choose the spreadsheet file from that folder that best matches your edition of Excel (95, 97, etc) :

3. Even though it was build in Excel 2002, three different saved-formats are in each directory (TE-Reqd, No-TE-Reqd): Excel 2002, Excel 97, Excel 95. You want to use the 2002 version, if possible. This version contains all the intended features. If you cannot get the 2002 version to work, then try the Excel 97 version. It has all the intended features, I believe, but the file size is much larger and much more cumbersome. If all else fails, the version 95 is there. It loses alot of the functionality, but it's still there in bare-bone format.

See below, from the original post by rhino ... choose the TE or no-TE folder depending on your league rules, then choose the spreadsheet file from that folder that best matches your edition of Excel (95, 97, etc) :

3. Even though it was build in Excel 2002, three different saved-formats are in each directory (TE-Reqd, No-TE-Reqd): Excel 2002, Excel 97, Excel 95. You want to use the 2002 version, if possible. This version contains all the intended features. If you cannot get the 2002 version to work, then try the Excel 97 version. It has all the intended features, I believe, but the file size is much larger and much more cumbersome. If all else fails, the version 95 is there. It loses alot of the functionality, but it's still there in bare-bone format.

Thanks. After reading the OP again, I see that was a dumb question.

Someone noted that as you selected a player, it would notate that in the spreadsheet so you would know who was already picked. As I fill in picks, it is not marking the rest of the sheet like that. After you enter the name on the draft, which sheet does it show that player taken?

How do I hide this from everyone at my draft? Last year was great as they laughed at me and my laptop. This year, everyone will have their laptop as one of the leagues have an online draft and we will be sitting beside one another.

Thanks again

Edited by chocula

Someone noted that as you selected a player, it would notate that in the spreadsheet so you would know who was already picked. As I fill in picks, it is not marking the rest of the sheet like that. After you enter the name on the draft, which sheet does it show that player taken?

Record the players selected by team on the 'Draft' tab ... after noting each selection made press F9 to recalculate the sheet. Players that have been drafted will be highlited on the 'One Pager' tab.

Hey Rhino fabulous job again! One quickie. On my laptop, when it highlights a player who is drafted (on the one-pager for example), the highlight color is very hard to see. Is there a way to change that highlight default color to something more dramatic?

Hey Rhino fabulous job again! One quickie. On my laptop, when it highlights a player who is drafted (on the one-pager for example), the highlight color is very hard to see. Is there a way to change that highlight default color to something more dramatic?

That is the conditional formatting ... I change it every year. Go to conditional formatting, manage rules, change the format

Additionally for those that don't know

If you go to the WR page and make the following changes:

Williams, Mike --> Williams (SEA), Mike

Williams, Mike --> Williams (TB), Mike

F9 to update

Go to WR Rank page ... click the 'UPDATE PLAYER LIST' button

F9 to update

Click the 'YR PTS' button to rank the players

Go to the TE page and make the following changes

Miller, Zach --> Miller (OAK), Zach

Miller, Zach --> Miller (JAX), Zach

F9 to update

Go to TE Rank page ... click the 'UPDATE PLAYER LIST' button

F9 to update

Click the 'YR PTS' button to rank the players

Go to the one pager - F9 to update

Additionally ... you may want to update the projections for these 4 players as right now same name = same projections.

That is the conditional formatting ... I change it every year. Go to conditional formatting, manage rules, change the format

Sweet! Worked perfectly. Thanks.

I don't mind updating the sheet but what would be the quickest and most efficient way? Also, what would be the easiest way with out messing up the formulas to delete most of the backs ?

You should be able to do that on the RB page ... F9 to update .... update players on the RB rank page ... F9 ... click the YTD button ... F9 on the one pager.

But why are you deleting the RBs?

Has anyone put out the 'updated' spreadsheet? Just asking cuz I saw the numerous posts on it in this thread.

Oh, and by the way...RHINO - SIMPLY GENIUS, MY MAN!! FANTASTIC WORK!!

#14 in Rhino's 1st post

14. In a perfect world, I would have time to provide updates to this spreadsheet when the sites make updates to their projections. Unfortunately, and I'm sorry, but I cannot promise updates at this time. Again, sorry.

#14 in Rhino's 1st post

Raj'n - that's why I asked has ANYONE updated anything. I noticed several posts in thsi thread where other members offered to update, not Rhino. (I know he's done enough.) Just wanted to see if anyone had done the updates or even knew how. I'm trying to figure out for myself how to do it.

Raj'n - that's why I asked has ANYONE updated anything. I noticed several posts in thsi thread where other members offered to update, not Rhino. (I know he's done enough.) Just wanted to see if anyone had done the updates or even knew how. I'm trying to figure out for myself how to do it.

Well obviously you can go into each of the QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, and DEF tabs and updated the projections by hand. You can also do other things on that page like enter your own projections and/or change the weight given to specific projections so that the projections you believe the most receive the most weight in the calculated average.

[ETA]

With some cut and paste from the Huddle projections and some new formulas I just updated the Huddle projections in my spreadsheet.

Edited by Grits and Shins