[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Give PT a chance

CrimsonGhost

The ideal situation in "real" football is often different than the ideal fantasy situation. As a PT owner last year, I was pulling my hair out early in the season, when it seemed like Mike Bell was getting just as many touches (and more goal line carries) as Thomas. But, when the post-season came, PT was money, both in fantasy and the NFL playoffs. Had he gotten the bulk of the work all year long, there is very little doubt in my mind that he wouldn't have been as fresh for the NFL playoffs as he was. Needless to say, NOS won the SB... As long as last year's formula continues to work, they're not going to mess with it. Unfortunately, for PT fantasy owners, that probably means more of the same mix, where we see somewhere in the vicinity of a 50/30/20 breakdown of touches between PT/Bush/xxx (Betts may end up being that third guy, just to keep the other two from having to carry more of the load than is necessary).

Upon reading this, Pierre Thomas dinged his shoulder and strained his knee. Out 2-3 weeks.

Certain guys can't carry the load, he's one of them.

Is this a joke? I haven't heard anything. I did hear he made a nice shoestring catch in camp proof earlier injuries are healed.

I wonder how many dings from last year would keep many backs out of the lineup or is New Orleans just being cautious with him.

Is this a joke? I haven't heard anything. I did hear he made a nice shoestring catch in camp proof earlier injuries are healed.

I wonder how many dings from last year would keep many backs out of the lineup or is New Orleans just being cautious with him.

Joke, reread. Just poking fun at how durable PT is.

Payton has always used 3 rb's, just the way he is. Before it was Duece, Bush & Stecker. But yes I would bump PT up because whoever #3 is they won't cut into Pt's playing time as much as Hamilton would have. On the other hand I think you will see a lot more of Bush running the ball this year.

Payton has always used 3 rb's, just the way he is. Before it was Duece, Bush & Stecker. But yes I would bump PT up because whoever #3 is they won't cut into Pt's playing time as much as Hamilton would have. On the other hand I think you will see a lot more of Bush running the ball this year.

Good info from my fellow Saints homer. :wacko: With Heath Evans back I think the short passing game to both Bush & PT is going to open up more as well.

Joke, reread. Just poking fun at how durable PT is.

I know but this follows his trashing of Shonne Greene and I figure if you don't like someone don't take him.

Maybe Bush will be able to run more between the tackles.

I know but this follows his trashing of Shonne Greene and I figure if you don't like someone don't take him.

Maybe Bush will be able to run more between the tackles.

Since when does having an opinion that someone is over rated equate to trashing someone? And if you read the bolded part of my post and you can't draw your own conclusion then I can't help you out. No runningback, not even Fred Taylor would hurt a shoulder and knee upon reading a fantasy football message board. Good lord, I can't wait for Tampex to start paying for adspace on the forums here.

Upon reading this, Pierre Thomas dinged his shoulder and strained his knee. Out 2-3 weeks.

Certain guys can't carry the load, he's one of them.

Since when does having an opinion that someone is over rated equate to trashing someone? And if you read the bolded part of my post and you can't draw your own conclusion then I can't help you out. No runningback, not even Fred Taylor would hurt a shoulder and knee upon reading a fantasy football message board. Good lord, I can't wait for Tampex to start paying for adspace on the forums here.

I'm pretty sure Charles Rodgers would be able to accomplish such a feat...