[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miles Austin

DMD

Miles Austin  

101 members have voted

1. 1. To repeat or not to repeat

• Austin is a first rounder and top 4 or so wideout
    • Austin will drop back a bit but is a nice value in the second round after five or so other wideouts are taken
    • I won't end up with Austin because I know someone else will want him more. But I do like Kim Kardashian.

Miles Austin had a huge breakout season in 2009 when he ended with 81 catches for 1320 yards and 11 touchdowns. He not only came in #3 in non-ppr scoring (7th in ppr), he did almost all of it in the final 12 games. Austin only had five catches for 83 yards over the first month. His final 12 games ranked #2 only to Wes Welker and #1 in the NFL in non-ppr leagues. In the final 12 games there was no more productive receiver than Miles.

Can he repeat that? The Cowboys passing schedule is no worse than 2009 and probably lighter. The presence of Dez Bryant may cut into his action or will it just free him from some defensive focus? Austin already has the chemistry with Romo.

Where do you want to take Austin or was he just a one-year wonder?

A three-headed running attack, Jason Witten, and the Jerry Jones proclaimed second coming of Michael Irvin?

He'll land between WRs 5-10 in PPR.

I wish i knew my draft spot...I would entertain the idea of pairing him with one of the top 3 WR's. Maybe at 1.06-1.08 go A. Johnson/M. Austin when it swings back to me if hes there.

He is good, alot of skill on that team. If he is the #1WR on that team, won't Williams, Dez, Witten, and others get more looks now he will have to go against the other teams top corner? Does this smell of Michael Clayton's break out year a few years ago in Tampa? I don't know, I probably won't draft him unless he falls to me in round 2 (pick 23) or the swing pick at 26 in rd 3.

Edited by King Tut

Got him this year. Coulda/shoulda probably waited in hindsight (largely due to a few dumbarses who don't know what they're doing and let serious talent slide :wacko:) but I think/hope he's about as good of an option as any after the "big 2" of AJ and Moss.

Oh who am I kidding, I drafted him he'll suck. :tup:

I picked up Miles Austin at the very end of the 2nd round(I had 24th overall pick in a 12 team league)I followed him with the 25th pick with Matt Schaub, so technically Miles Austin could have gone in the third round in my draft(25th overall). I hope he lives up to the hype and picks up where he left off last season. Romo does have a fair amount of targets but I hope Austin still gets plenty of balls thrown his way.

A three-headed running attack, Jason Witten, and the Jerry Jones proclaimed second coming of Michael Irvin?

He'll land between WRs 5-10 in PPR.

This.

does'nt matter if you have a 5 headed running attack when your OC is too dumb to use them properly. As for Dez? I have'nt seen him on the field...

Garrett's pass happy and Romo loves him. If they both stay healthy and the O line can SLOW DOWN a pass rush he's top 5 IMO. Romo may get killed before it's all said and done behind that o-line. beware..JMO

Got Miles as the 2nd pick of round 3 of a 12 team league (pick 26th) (not a ppr league but 6 pt bonus for 100 yards, and there are 2rb,3wr,1wr/rb,1te, which is 1 more wr than most leagues)

my other options i considered were greg jennings and larry fitz but i pulled the trigger on miles...jennings is my 2nd fav wr in the league but hes just too inconsistent with all the weapons in green bay, and fitz was just too risky to take so i went with miles

team at this point was (AP,Roddy,Miles)