[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would you consider a #1 RB?

kiskahusky

in a 14 team league, soring is as follows: qb 4pt ps td, 1pt per 100yds with 4bonus pts for 300+ yds in a game. 4 pt bonus for td over 40yds

rb's + wr's - 6pts per rsh or rec td, 1 pt per 25rsh + rec yds, 4 bonus pts for 100+ rsh+rec yds and 4 bonus pts for rsh or rec td over 40yds

under that format would you be happy with K MOreno, P thomas, or B wells as your #1 RB?

i am considering going with A Rodgers in the 1st round as QB's traditionally are the highest scorers in our league and I think that the 3 RB's i named above are the best RB's that will be available to me in the 2nd round.

I have the #5 pick, and I have not been happy with F gore in the past as he is likely to miss a few games during the year.

So would you be happy with Rodgers and Moreno with your 1st 2 picks?

in a 14 team league, soring is as follows: qb 4pt ps td, 1pt per 100yds with 4bonus pts for 300+ yds in a game. 4 pt bonus for td over 40yds

rb's + wr's - 6pts per rsh or rec td, 1 pt per 25rsh + rec yds, 4 bonus pts for 100+ rsh+rec yds and 4 bonus pts for rsh or rec td over 40yds

under that format would you be happy with K MOreno, P thomas, or B wells as your #1 RB?

i am considering going with A Rodgers in the 1st round as QB's traditionally are the highest scorers in our league and I think that the 3 RB's i named above are the best RB's that will be available to me in the 2nd round.

I have the #5 pick, and I have not been happy with F gore in the past as he is likely to miss a few games during the year.

So would you be happy with Rodgers and Moreno with your 1st 2 picks?

In a 14 team league I absolutely would not take a QB in the first 3-4 rounds at least and running with any one of those 3 as your #1 RB is taking a huge risk. Unless Rodgers vastly outscores all other QBs, which he won't, then you're making a big mistake. Just my :wacko:

ETA: BTW, this post belongs in the FA forum.

Edited by rajncajn

In a 14 team league I absolutely would not take a QB in the first 3-4 rounds at least and running with any one of those 3 as your #1 RB is taking a huge risk. Unless Rodgers vastly outscores all other QBs, which he won't, then you're making a big mistake. Just my :wacko:

ETA: BTW, this post belongs in the FA forum.

Damn you are always so diplomatic in responses to stupid questions. I admire that, cause I just can't do it. :tup:

1st year trying fantasy football. I'm sorry if my question doesn't meet your high standards.

I joined this site to get helpful feed back like rajncajn gave. But thx for wasting my time with your really cool response

chill out, pop open a beer and read a little. rajn did have a very good post on your question. In a big league like that, the premium to get a solid #1 RB is even higher than a 10 or 12 team league. It doesn't matter if qb's are the highest scoring position, the scoring within the positions is what matters.

you are right on both counts. i will take your advice and chill out. and thank you for your response, i agree 100% with you about RB's being a premium. I guess i'm just leery of Gore at #5, as he does seem to miss a few games every year. i thought it might be more important to get someone reliable with a 1st round pick, and between Gore, and Turner i dont think you can count on afull season out of either one. Unless you think I may be better off with someone else with the #5 pick?

you are right on both counts. i will take your advice and chill out. and thank you for your response, i agree 100% with you about RB's being a premium. I guess i'm just leery of Gore at #5, as he does seem to miss a few games every year. i thought it might be more important to get someone reliable with a 1st round pick, and between Gore, and Turner i dont think you can count on a full season out of either one. Unless you think I may be better off with someone else with the #5 pick?

Getting a RB who will not be sharing carries can make or break an owners season, that's one of the reasons being in those top 5 spots aren't as appealing to a lot of experienced fantasy owners anymore. One likely wouldn't pass up a top 3 pick, but a lot of owners will try to trade out of those higher picks for some additional help in the next few rounds (assuming it's a snake draft). Right now in my office league I have the top pick overall & I'm looking to trade out of it for either a 1st & 3rd or 4th depending on where I would be moving. If I can't I'll take Chris Johnson, but then I'm looking at players like Cedric Benson, Wells, Sydney Rice etc (based on ADP results) as my #2 overall pick. So though I'm happy about getting Johnson, I would have been a lot happier with a Ray Rice or Gore and getting the likes of Brandon Marshall or Pierre Thomas with my 2nd pick.

With that 1.5, if he's there, I would take Ray Rice over Gore assuming CJ, AD & MJD are all gone. You may get lucky and have 1.4 be a Jackson or Gore fan or decide to go the WR route & take Andre Johnson or even luckier and have some dolt take a QB. :tup:

BTW: glad to see you took the advice, the first mistake you made was posting in the wrong forum & Huddler's are known not to pull any punches. A thick skin & a good understanding of the difference between a real shot & a good hazing will do wonders for a new poster. Welcome to The Huddle noob! :wacko:

I too think it very risky to take a QB at 1.05 in a 14 team league.

If you have a chance to grab a true RB1, who isnt in a RBBC, then you

have to take it.

If you want to draft a QB first why not trade down, that way you can get your QB and maybe

a better RB.

1st year trying fantasy football. I'm sorry if my question doesn't meet your high standards.

I joined this site to get helpful feed back like rajncajn gave. But thx for wasting my time with your really cool response

Don't worry about the tools. There are a few, but for the most part everyone's pretty helpful and insiteful. Don't let them pull you into a fight.

Being new and not in my league, I recommend DMD's book. I re-read it every year leading up to the draft. It's called Fantasy Football The Next Level: How to Build a Championship Team Every Season, and i see you can get it for practically nothing on Amazon.

Don't worry about the tools. There are a few, but for the most part everyone's pretty helpful and insiteful. Don't let them pull you into a fight.

Being new and not in my league, I recommend DMD's book. I re-read it every year leading up to the draft. It's called Fantasy Football The Next Level: How to Build a Championship Team Every Season, and i see you can get it for practically nothing on Amazon.

DMD has an alias. :wacko:

Not sure if anybody mentioned this already, but the theory that Gore misses a few games every year is a bit overblown... He's missed seven games in five seasons, or slightly more than a game a year. That's actually quite a bit better, in terms of consistency/reliability, than the average #1 RB, I believe. Take him (or AJ) at #5 with confidence. :wacko:

i thought CJ, AP, MJD and Rice were sure fire top 4 picks. I just felt leery about Gore at 5, but with all the good advice in this thread, I now feel for certain that a RB is the way to go, and it seems right now that Gore is the best one available at #5. But yes if RR is somehow there i will be all over him

Not only would I not go QB round 1, as you seem to have decided not to, but with that scoring I would wait probably until round 6 at earliest. Only 4 pts per TD and 1 pt per 100 yds, so 300/2 gets 11 pts? If yardage points were more valuable maybe go earlier on QBs but last year the top QB had either 300 yds or 2 tds in 12 games and the #10 QB did it 10 times. Seems to me with the top 10 that consistent that scoring keeps QB parity fairly high and their early round draft value fairly low.

Edited by Qball86

My office league (16 team) started their draft tonight, through 7 rounds I have:

1.01 Chris Johnson

2.16 Jamal Charles

3.01 Roddy White

4.16 Brent Celek

5.01 Donovan McNabb

6.16 Philly

7.01 Derrick Mason

Not touting my draft, but showing that you can still get a very good QB later in the draft and get some pretty good players as a result. Not overly high on Celek, but by my next pick I would have been faces with Zach Miller at best. Not thrilled about taking a D so early either, but again, the value just wasn't there at any other position and taking them started a bit of a run.

Not only would I not go QB round 1, as you seem to have decided not to, but with that scoring I would wait probably until round 6 at earliest. Only 4 pts per TD and 1 pt per 100 yds, so 300/2 gets 11 pts? If yardage points were more valuable maybe go earlier on QBs but last year the top QB had either 300 yds or 2 tds in 12 games and the #10 QB did it 10 times. Seems to me with the top 10 that consistent that scoring keeps QB parity fairly high and their early round draft value fairly low.

i think i included that there is a 4 pt bonus 300+ ps yds in a game, so a 300yd 2 td game would be worth 16, but i see your point between the #1 QB and the the #10qb. but also the 4 bonus pts for td's over 40yds. in the league i joined, based on last years final pts. rodgers had 255 brees had 225 and then the next 8 qb's had between 175 - 210. but again based on your point, there is probably a wider spread in points betwen the top RB's and the middle tier ones. makes sense to go RB first.

My office league (16 team) started their draft tonight, through 7 rounds I have:

1.01 Chris Johnson

2.16 Jamal Charles

3.01 Roddy White

4.16 Brent Celek

5.01 Donovan McNabb

6.16 Philly

7.01 Derrick Mason

Not touting my draft, but showing that you can still get a very good QB later in the draft and get some pretty good players as a result. Not overly high on Celek, but by my next pick I would have been faces with Zach Miller at best. Not thrilled about taking a D so early either, but again, the value just wasn't there at any other position and taking them started a bit of a run.

wow!!! great draft! i would be ecstatic to come away with anything close to that. but i do see how you can hold off on a QB and still get quality later on. thank you for the insight

1.01 Chris Johnson

2.16 Jamal Charles

3.01 Roddy White

4.16 Brent Celek

5.01 Donovan McNabb

6.16 Philly

7.01 Derrick Mason

So your office draft is half-full of chicks that don't watch football, one that even tried to draft Jason Taylor as her "Tight End"?

:wacko:

Not sure if anybody mentioned this already, but the theory that Gore misses a few games every year is a bit overblown... He's missed seven games in five seasons, or slightly more than a game a year. That's actually quite a bit better, in terms of consistency/reliability, than the average #1 RB, I believe. Take him (or AJ) at #5 with confidence. :wacko:

I know he missed my chamopionship game two years ago and I rolled with Deshaun Foster for lack of alternatives - I lost by the way

i thought CJ, AP, MJD and Rice were sure fire top 4 picks. I just felt leery about Gore at 5, but with all the good advice in this thread, I now feel for certain that a RB is the way to go, and it seems right now that Gore is the best one available at #5. But yes if RR is somehow there i will be all over him

Welcome to the world of fantasy football, Kiska!

It's loads of fun, but now that you're in . . . you'll need to strike that bolded word above from your vocabulary. The only thing for certain in fantasy football is nothing is certain. We're all doing our best to read a cloudy crystal ball . . . and sometimes very sound logic produces horrible results. The best laid plans of mice and men, sort of thing. Likewise, the most boneheaded moves sometimes work out to save a season or crown a champ. Roll with it and enjoy every moment.

Edited by Samson

I too think it very risky to take a QB at 1.05 in a 14 team league.

If you have a chance to grab a true RB1, who isnt in a RBBC, then you

have to take it.

If you want to draft a QB first why not trade down, that way you can get your QB and maybe

a better RB.

Not if it's a dynasty league. I'm willing to bet that 2-3 years down the road Aaron Rodgers will be far more relevant than Frank Gore, or the vast majority of runningbacks currently in the top 5-10

1.01 Chris Johnson

2.16 Jamal Charles

3.01 Roddy White

4.16 Brent Celek

5.01 Donovan McNabb

6.16 Philly

7.01 Derrick Mason

This is a 16 team league????? These guys realize this is FOOTBALL and not Fütball?

i think i included that there is a 4 pt bonus 300+ ps yds in a game, so a 300yd 2 td game would be worth 16, but i see your point between the #1 QB and the the #10qb. but also the 4 bonus pts for td's over 40yds. in the league i joined, based on last years final pts. rodgers had 255 brees had 225 and then the next 8 qb's had between 175 - 210. but again based on your point, there is probably a wider spread in points betwen the top RB's and the middle tier ones. makes sense to go RB first.

yeah noticed the bonus but how many 300 yard passers per week are there anyway? Also, the 80 point difference between the #1 QB and the #10 is 5 points per week which may not make a hugh deal. What is the point difference from 1 to 10 at RB and WR from last year?