[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who has a local draft this weekend?

Chief Dick

Mine's not til the 4th, but it always consists of grabbing a case of beer, driving 90 minutes to Massachusetts, trying to set up my laptop in a cramped basement with 11 other guys, arguing for 30 minutes about rule changes, harassing the first guy to draft a player already on IR, totally blowing my game plan for the draft, cursing myself out during the 90 minute drive home, and weeping into my pillow.

It's gonna be a great season.

Mine's not til the 4th, but it always consists of grabbing a case of beer, driving 90 minutes to Massachusetts, trying to set up my laptop in a cramped basement with 11 other guys, arguing for 30 minutes about rule changes, harassing the first guy to draft a player already on IR, totally blowing my game plan for the draft, cursing myself out during the 90 minute drive home, and weeping into my pillow.

It's gonna be a great season.

That sounds really familiar. :wacko:

Also, next Friday. Ten team league. We all meet and go to dinner. Unfortunately our usual dinner spot disappeared so we'll be going to new place. After dinner we go to the Willowbrook Alehouse, a kind've small bar with about 4 pool tables, a couple of TV's for sports and a small kitchen that serves greasiest food in the world. Draft order is determined night of the draft. They usually have karioke going during the draft and we have been known to judge the singers similar to diving competitions. Its a loud, fun night and we get spectators asking a lot of questions and giving really idiotic drunken advice.

2 live, locals. One tomorrow night and one on Monday night.

My first local is Sunday. . .totally unprepared. I plan on going for a bike ride in the morning and then cramming all afternoon. Draft is at 5:30.

Other one is on the 7th. I expect to be more up to speed by then.

Sounds fun.

:wacko: Sorry, did lack details. I'm a little disappointed about the one tomorrow night as it was the only night that we could get together and it won't begin until 9 PM. Two of the more entertaining owners in the league had to step aside because of financial and personal reasons and their replacements are relatively quiet guys. I usually hold the draft in my backyard, where I grill up some good stuff and make a long evening out of it and then we go out to a local bar and shoot the sh!te about everyone's roster. However, starting at 9 will stop the grilling bit but we'll get the draft done and then go out.

Monday night's draft is usually held on a friday at my house but once again it was the only date that worked which means everyone has work the next day. However, we'll start at about 6:30-7 and be done by 9 and then we usually go to a local bar/restaurant called Jose Tejas to eat, drink, talk football and breakdown the draft and rosters.

Better?

No it's the fact that I have a life and so tend to hang w/people who are similar, therefore they're only casual about FF.

I have a life (wife, kids, job, the whole deal) and the majority of my leaguemates are in the same boat yet we somehow manage to have a draft party every year. This year, next weekend, it actually falls in the middle of a 3 day golf outing. Maybe having a "life" means different things to different people.

Having a live draft at my house today...Darin, Big John, Scooby, Scooby's Husband, Club, couple of local non-huddlers.

If anybody is interested in dialing in and drafting PM me...buy-in is only 25 and we should be drafting around noon CT.

Scooby and I are up and done with breakfast so don't be suprised if you hear a knock on your door soon. :wacko:

Chief, Scooby and I will post pics of our local that she and I host, next week. Its a total redneck bash. We will have a shrimp boil, booze and whatever else you need to get your head right. Also, after the draft is a cannonball and horseshoes contests. Basically, my house will be thrashed by my old high school and college buddies and my older brother's friends. For some of these guys, this is the only time of the year I get to see them. But it doesn't take long for the smack talk to begin. Also, with all those bodies my AC will be running all day.

Chief, Scooby and I will post pics of our local that she and I host, next week. Its a total redneck bash. We will have a shrimp boil, booze and whatever else you need to get your head right. Also, after the draft is a cannonball and horseshoes contests. Basically, my house will be thrashed by my old high school and college buddies and my older brother's friends. For some of these guys, this is the only time of the year I get to see them. But it doesn't take long for the smack talk to begin. Also, with all those bodies my AC will be running all day.

I'm looking forward to the pics of 400!! :wacko:

I have my 2nd live draft this Friday (10 team). We usually get a keg & keep drinking until every player is a "great pick". :wacko: This one is notorious for people trying to draft someone who's already been picked. The funny part is...it's the same guys every year. They come prepared with their cheatsheats & magazines (that were printed back in June) & can't understand why their teams always end up sucking. But it's a bunch of fun & it's the only time I see most of these guys all year.

12 team local drafting this coming friday...we usually load up a basement with tvs and luck out with a good fight to find on PPV. During the draft randoms slowly show up and after the draft ends we'll have a 20 man texas hold 'em tourney shortly followed by a cash game as people get knocked out.

Actually just like my 10 team local a week later minus the PPV...

He has 2 buddies that jump with him, they are all large and they do the 3 Amigos thing before they jump.

That's ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! :tup:

BTW, had one of my locals last night and I'm glad that I just enjoy everyones' company and have a good time because if you think mock drafting is a waste of preparation, drafting with these guys is even worse. It's difficult to make a pick in any round because of the ridiculous value that slides all the time and the awful picks that are made. :wacko: Is it the same way for you guys in local drafts or do your groups know what they're doing? I just may share some of the picks I'm talking about if I have time...

League had huge turnover and yeah we had a few like that which can help you but more hurt because other guys got players for ridiculously low prices. Was tempted to rip on them more than once. I mean at least get some ballpark idea before you come to the draft :wacko:

That's ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! :tup:

BTW, had one of my locals last night and I'm glad that I just enjoy everyones' company and have a good time because if you think mock drafting is a waste of preparation, drafting with these guys is even worse. It's difficult to make a pick in any round because of the ridiculous value that slides all the time and the awful picks that are made. :wacko: Is it the same way for you guys in local drafts or do your groups know what they're doing? I just may share some of the picks I'm talking about if I have time...

my guys have come a long way in the last 9 years ... some are even using other websites and draft modulators. one of the typically worse drafters won last year with the 1st pick (in the same year his wife had their second child and they could use the money). And I would say that from year to year we have a different mix of winners (we pay 3-4 places). Of course, there is that one owner that never spends any free agent money. That is usually the other's weak spot, waiver wire moves.