[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This weekend's pre-season games

BeeR

Only watched Raiders vs Bears.

Bears o-line was awful, Kamerion Wimbley had 4 sacks on Cutler, 5 total for the defense.

Matt Forte busted out an 89 yard TD run on a messed up gap assignment. Besides that play the Bears first team offense (actually their whole offense) was terrible considering the Raiders played without both starting CB's.

Campbell showed improvement and played well despite the one INT he threw on a miscommunication.

Seattle:

QB - Hass is clearly more seasoned than Whitebeard; Hass may not be a starting QB after this season; but I'm not seeing him getting benched.

RB - Julius Jones was running with the 3rd string; this looks like a full blown RBBC with Leon Washington being the man more than Forsett or JJ.

WR - Lots of depth here. I'm not sure that equates to quality, but the depth is there. Deon Butler mad a great play and run after the catch, Mike Williams looks more than competent and may have sealed up the #3 position behind Housh and Branch. Golden Tate is trying to make plays but he looks like a WR#5 right now.

D-line: I could foresee being incredibly frustrated all year long watching these guys trying to get pressure on the QB. Seattle drafted This is similar to the WR position with depth, a lot of good backup players and maybe the staff needs to rotate guys in and out to get pressure; because Nick Reed and now Dexter Davis, look more capable of making plays.

LBs- These guys were once considered maybe the most lethal LB core in the NFL. All the players are still there (Lofa + Curry + Leroy Hill+ Hawthorne) but as a group they are incredibly underwhelming. I'm concerned about Curry. I've watched many a game and I hardly even notice him. Curry looks more like a bust than anything.

DBs- Probably the strength of the team. Trufant is healthy and flashed some shutdown corner ability tonight. Earl Thomas made a play covering a lot of ground on a Rodgers long throw that was outright impressive. Josh Wilson is a more than capable complimentary CB and Kelly Jennings and now Walter Thurmond look to be better than adequate backups/nickel/dime guys.