[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kolb

Scorcher

The consensus seems to be that Kolb is going to have a breakout year, and from an NFL standpoint he probably will. In fantasy football I wonder how many people consider Vick. As a McNabb owner last year there were at least 4 td's that McNabb lost because they brought Vick in. Some Vick made some were lost. I may have missed something but I haven't seen anything about Vick during the Kolb hype. Vick is more acclimated this year and I think he will see even more playing time, i.e. take aways from Kolb. I would definately think twice about starting Kolb when they play the Falcons. What do you homers think about Vicks affect on Kolb's fantasy value. Last year Vick usually came in when they were close to a score. The Atlanta game made me want to throw a brick at the screen!

I posted on this earlier in the year. Seems the consensus is the few plays Vick will enter on in the red zone won't diminish Kolb's or any other Eagles stats.

I 1 league, I have Kolb,McCoy and Celek. I will be calling for his head if he runs one in and costs me a game I can tell you that much.

I posted on this earlier in the year. Seems the consensus is the few plays Vick will enter on in the red zone won't diminish Kolb's or any other Eagles stats.

I 1 league, I have Kolb,McCoy and Celek. I will be calling for his head if he runs one in and costs me a game I can tell you that much.

It may not be a concern because it was a pre- season game but I think I read that the Eagles had a hard time scoring in the red zone , don't rememder per centage , but if that becomes an issue , then it could be "Vick runs it in " time.

Were I a Kolb owner, or if I was planning to be with 2 drafts still pending (I'll take him if the value seems right at the time I have to decide) I would not think twice about whatever impact (or lack of same) Vick might have on Kolb's numbers. To be honest, I don't see Vick being a TD vulture on any regular basis, or having any more real impact in that regard than (for example) GBP FB J. Kuhn was to R. Grant last season.

Not sure that it really means anything, but out of curiosity I looked up Vick's game splits from last year:

- Passing >> 3 attempts in the red zone, 10 other, 1 TD total (5 yard pass)

- Rushing >> 7 attempts in the red zone, 17 other, 2 TD total ( 1 from 5 yards, 1 from 1 yard)

Anyways, as stated, I'd have no issue drafting Kolb as my FF QB given the proper circumstances, and don't really expect to consider any possible 'Vick impact' as being part of the decision when/if I have to choose between taking Kolb or not.

Edited by ts

Obviously the OP didn't see Vick's "highlights" from the other night. He definitely looked like the same old Vick, but not in a good way.

I think they probably would like to get him involved with his unique skillset, but he's still just the same innaccurate QB that he never worked on improving as a passer when was in ATL... So just like always, all you have to do is take away his running lanes, and you take away Vick.

I think it's too little, too late for Vick in Philly, other than a backup. Andy Reid must realize that he's nothing more than a failed experiment, and not even trade bait unless a team is really desperate. Don't worry about Vick.

I hope you all are right about Vick not stealing Kolb's touches, and TD's. I picked up Kolb, as a backup to Matt Schaub, in the 8th round of my 12 team draft. I dont plan on using him until Schaubs bye week, so hope he is doing well and comfortable by then.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over a gimmick player stealing some production from my bye week QB. If you want to worry, then worry about the quality of Philly's o-line.

On the positive side, Philly's D looks like it's going to allow some points . . . so Kolb may be throwing a bunch to play catch up.

Obviously the OP didn't see Vick's "highlights" from the other night. He definitely looked like the same old Vick, but not in a good way.

+1 Vick made Tavaris look good. I think Philly is going to do everything they can to make Kolb look good (to show they made the right decision). I don't know if Kolb will really be anything more than a spot starter against weaker defenses but I'm not going to downgrade him very much because of Vick.

Just my two cents here so do as you will with mu suggestion.

I think McCoy flops, only averaging 3.5 to 4 yards per carry which will then put allot of pressure on Kolb. They will end up using Vick more and more, not necessarily as a QB but more to supplement their failing running game.

Bold prediction: Vick will throw for 1000+ yards and rush for 500+ yards and get 9+ TD's

I think Vick gets used in a few gimmick plays like the others said. That being said I think he is more of an issue for McCoy owners, dont see him going into the game during redzone situations to throw the ball, its not really his strength. I dont recall last preseason that well, just got back from overseas, but didnt they do the same thing with Vick that they are doing right now?

Potential Kolb Owners: The Eagles are gonna throw the ball 70% of the time ... Kolb will get passing attempts which should generate mucho yardage. I would consider drafting Vick only as a back up to Kolb (for injury purposes) if you have 17 roster spots or an IR spot. Noone should draft him so you can use your last pick of the draft, or take a gamble and spend all of your FA dollars in the unfortunate event Kolb goes down for any considerable time.

Bold Prediction: McCoy's rushing yardage will be less than his receiving yardage this year.