[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Williams - SEA WR

Brentastic

Watching the game last night, Hasselbeck looked his way a lot. Normally I would not touch a player that busted so early like he did, but could he actually have turned it around? I'm not sure why he never lived up to his hype coming out of USC, I only know that he flat out disappeared once he was drafted. There's no doubt that he is a physical specimen. Could his reunion with P. Carroll revive his career? I'll probably still avoid him but just curious what others think.

Everybody is still waiting to see how the Seahawks are going to use their WR's. So far, the depth chart has Housh at the X and Branch (gasp!) at the Z, with Butler and Tate in the slots. Williams has pretty much exclusively played X or Z. Hopefully he overtakes Branch. I'm sure they will draw up some plays to give Williams some chances early in the season, but I don't know how many catches he'll get in the flow of the offense. It is the WR spot, and there are always tons of injuries, but Williams might have a rough time getting extended playing time. Hopefully he'll make some big plays this season, but he might have a big handful of invisible weeks as well.

I've only missed two training camps practices and watched their pre-season games and Mike Williams is the best WR on the Seahawks roster. He has lost weight and he's focused. Let's hope he sustains the attitude and work ethic that he's been showing because the kid has unbelievable talent and the body for many red zone targets. I'm predicting a breakout year of 72/960/9.

Edited by theprofessor

It seems inconceivable that Big Mike could actually be a fantasy force. But with his old coach Carroll befriending him, pushing him, well it just might happen. “He looks great,” Carroll said two weeks ago. “He’s not looked like this since maybe his sophomore year of college.”

I got him in WCOFF league 17th round and last pick in my keeper draft. You almost have to take a shot at his current price. He looks like the only potential "fear factor" in the Seahawks WR corps so could be a nice hit.

Is he definitely starting?

No, but does it matter? Look at who is in front of him. Any difference makers? No. It is a long season. I won't be heartbroken if he doesn't line up for the first snap. The cream rises to the top. If he is as good as he has shown in the preseason it's just a matter of time.

No, but does it matter? Look at who is in front of him. Any difference makers? No. It is a long season. I won't be heartbroken if he doesn't line up for the first snap. The cream rises to the top. If he is as good as he has shown in the preseason it's just a matter of time.

It does matter in leagues where your reserve spots are low.

It does matter in leagues where your reserve spots are low.

I suppose. But I sure do like my draft pick of Williams compared to Michael Jenkins and Kevin Walter (the WRs taken after I took Williams in both drafts) If I am depending on Walters or Jenkins at some point in the season it is probably a lost cause. But if your rosters are 16 or less I can see how it wouldn't be such a slam dunk, where you might have to give up depth somewhere else. Just depends on your situation I suppose.

Unless the Seahawks cut Branch or Housh, and they very likely coud cut either or both, Williams will be strictly a backup and situational player. If Housh and Branch are both still on the roster come week 1, I think you can then expect Williams to have 25-30 catches at most. If one of them is cut, that number could triple. Regardless of how big of a name this guy is, he is a #5 WR on a bad team. Would you ever take the #5 WR on any other team?

When talent meets opportunity, things happen. Yes, even a former bust like Williams can be resurrected under the right circumstances. Probably a wasted draft pick, but there are plenty of those from rounds 11-20. I'll take my chances on the 5th WR on this bad team.

Unless the Seahawks cut Branch or Housh, and they very likely coud cut either or both, Williams will be strictly a backup and situational player. If Housh and Branch are both still on the roster come week 1, I think you can then expect Williams to have 25-30 catches at most. If one of them is cut, that number could triple. Regardless of how big of a name this guy is, he is a #5 WR on a bad team. Would you ever take the #5 WR on any other team?

If he's 5th on the depth chart how come I've seen him in with the first team and Hasselbeck looking his way often? Serious question. Not many #5s taking 1st team reps that I've noticed.

I like him but in a 16 round draft it's hard to draft a #3 WR on a team like the Seahawks, I'd much rather take my chances on Mike Thomas who is a #2 WR and will catch a lot of balls and be good in PPR leagues.