[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Williams - SEA WR

Brentastic

When talent meets opportunity, things happen. Yes, even a former bust like Williams can be resurrected under the right circumstances. Probably a wasted draft pick, but there are plenty of those from rounds 11-20. I'll take my chances on the 5th WR on this bad team.

...or not :wacko:

It's still up to Williams to show he's got what it takes, but if Housh is streeted the opportunity will be there.

Williams will become the biggest, fastest (aside from Butler) receiver on a team that led the NFL in passing attempts in 2009 and still doesn't look like it can run the ball in 2010. Now if Okung can just hurry back and keep Matt vertical...

Just stay healthy Matt. You can't scramble anymore and with the O-line you have I fear for your life b/c it only takes one hit. :wacko:

I would love to put some stock in Carlson and Williams, et al, but first you have to put stock in Hasselbeck and I do not see anyone drafting him for their fantasy QB outside of the last 2 rounds.

Just stay healthy Matt. You can't scramble anymore and with the O-line you have I fear for your life b/c it only takes one hit. :wacko:

I would love to put some stock in Carlson and Williams, et al, but first you have to put stock in Hasselbeck and I do not see anyone drafting him for their fantasy QB outside of the last 2 rounds.

And I don't see anybody drafting Matt Moore at all, yet Steve Smith continues to be drafted in the first 5 rounds.

The other thing Williams has going for him is that most players attempting a comeback after this much time are either ex-cons (see: Vick, Michael) or physical wrecks. (see: Walker, Javon) Williams downfall was that he didn't have the desire to play football anymore. If he's really lit the fire again, his body is probably in great condition and he's low risk from a police-blotter standpoint.

And I don't see anybody drafting Matt Moore at all, yet Steve Smith continues to be drafted in the first 5 rounds.

sure but there is a ginourmous difference between the proven Steve Smith and anyone on the Seahawks WR corps, as far as fantasy value is concerned. if hasselbeck goes down so does any value there was at WR for Seattle

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

sure but there is a ginourmous difference between the proven Steve Smith and anyone on the Seahawks WR corps, as far as fantasy value is concerned. if hasselbeck goes down so does any value there was at WR for Seattle

you think too highly of Hasselbeck... Whitehurst is not much of a downgrade if any.

• 1 month later...
Here is the play he made against Green Bay.

Apparently he had another good night against Minnesota. Right now he looks like the best WR on the team. I wouldn't be completely surprised if he is a starter come Week 1. :wacko:

I'm not trying to brag here about pimping him early (okay maybe I am... :tup:) , but his route running is veteran like, his athleticism undeniable, and his hands haven't dissapointed from the link above: :tup: He has been making catches like this consistently.

I guess he gets a test against Asomugha this weekend, but I see it as more of a test for Hass to spread the ball around to Carlson, Butler, and maybe even Golden Tate.

Yep, I heard they are moving him around more so that he is on the other teams top wideout, though not exclusively. I also have heard that he is more of a "shutdown" corner on speed receivers, but not so much on bigger receivers. So maybe the Raiders will single team Asomugha on Deon Butler or Golden Tate and put a double team on Mike Williams with other defensive backs.

Didn't Malcolm Floyd(a bigger receiver) go off on him this year?