[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How important is the NFL to you?

Scout200

not life or death, but i look forward to the season more than any other sport. i make sure on Sundays i'm free to watch games, and when i can't see a game live i'll DVR it.

if you're asking if the NFL (i.e. the team you follow) is more important than fantasy football, then it all depends on how crappy the 49ers are doing. most times, FFL > NFL in that regard.

Edited by Lucky11

Lots less than it used to be. If not for FF I'd care even less, and even now I only watch in bits/pieces, rarely a whole game and mostly just check stats. Between the thugs, divas and assorted no class circus clowns with their antics (on the field and off) it's lost a lot of the luster. They're not all of it though; in fact the NFL has designed itself this way. Too much flash n glitter and jokey BS vs just the game itself. Big money and ESPN (when the jokey BS really kicked in) are the worst things that ever happened to the NFL.

Yeah I know most disagree entirely, fine, whatever...

Edited by BeeR

As an aussie who watches the game I continue now even after about 18 years of watching the game to get up at 3am every monday morning (my wife thinks it will be great this year as i can look after our new born) to either watch the game or simply sit there and look at the plays as they come up on the gam tracker. I love the Bears and the sport in general slightly more than my favourite rugby league team here who sit just above the blackhawks and liverpool fc. if they lock out next year I'll be shattered for sure but it won't be the end of the world by any means.

Tough question. If the question was how important is football to you, I would say vitally important. HIowever, with UW's return to respectability, the NFL has taken a pretty distant backseat for the time being. I've just always been one of those guys that tends to go against the grain. In the 90's, when everybody had turned their back on the Seahwks, I was a huge fan. Now you have all these moron Johnny Come Lately fans that don't know how to be real fans, so they just scream as loud as they can for three hours and talk about how much they love the Seahawks to everybody that walks by. As a result, I'm starting to go the other way a little bit. I'll always follow the NFL simply because UW will feed some players that way, but I've found myself with a lot more interest in Saturday football than Sunday lately. I'm not going to go down Beer's path and say that I won't be passionate about the NFL because they aren't all choir boys. I'm not naive enough to believe they ever were. Still, it is a bit easier to relate to and cheer for the college kids, especially those that grew up in the same area as you. Also, we pay for those universities as taxpayers, so it is almost like seeing some of the fruit of your labor.

Increasingly less so. The bump up to 18 games might cause me to throw in the towel.
Brought up a great point I forgot that also is fn it up: "dilution," ie more and more teams, more and more games, more and more coverage etc etc. More isn't always better.

they aren't all choir boys. I'm not naive enough to believe they ever were.
Me either, FYI.

Still, it is a bit easier to relate to and cheer for the college kids,
TONS easier. Except for the ND homos and Fla thugs that is.

It's really the only sport I watch. During Football season, Sundays are all mine. My wife usually switches her work schedule so she can work Sundays because she knows she ain't getting nothing out of me during football.

P.S. Thursday Night Games suck.....

Still, it is a bit easier to relate to and cheer for the college kids, especially those that grew up in the same area as you. Also, we pay for those universities as taxpayers, so it is almost like seeing some of the fruit of your labor.

Very true! I've never thought of the college games like that before. Excellent point!

-Scout

The NFL is definitely peaking my interest! It's really neat to see that my children are becoming more interested in football, just in general. We started watching the pre-season games and my kids really enjoy it!!! In the past, I wouldn't say it was of any importance in the past but am finding myself (and my kids) becoming more fascinated...

-Scout

tough to say. i've been in ff leagues since '93, so i've had that element w/ me for awhile. but i gotta believe that w/o fantasy, my interest would be considerably less (even if the rams were any good)... and actually, i would probably think about tuning it out altogether if i wasn't involved in ff.