[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster: what am I missing?

vansmack32

Foster is one of those guys you draft because you went heavy on WRs early and he has a reasonable shot to be a RB2 "IF" things go well. He is far from a sure thing so don't get blinded by the hype of a few games as he could definitely play like a RB3. Foster's average (non-huddler) draft spot is mid 7th round. He is great value for that spot but my guess is you'll have to use an earlier pick if you want him on your team and your draft is in the next week or two. I'll probably go WR heavy if the right people are there in my draft this sunday and look at Foster in the 5th/6th round to add as a RB2. I could find someone I like better in the 3rd or 4th if I was looking for a RB.

He went at 7.05(77th overall) in a draft(12 team w/ Perf Scoring) I was in last night...

Currently sitting at the end of the 3rd round and he's still available. I don't have another pick until the end of the 5th and I'll be shocked if anyone grabs him. Slaton will most likely go well before Foster. 12 team league and maybe 3-4 owners really know what they are doing.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

So this may be a little off topic but it seems lately in mocks Foster is going around pick 60 12 man leagues. I have the second pick so this means im going to have to spend a 4th round pick to land him. He is going around similar upside backs Michael Bush and Justin Forsett. Of the three how are people ranking them? seems like if you want to land one or even two of these guys you will have to spend a 4th and a 5th to get them.

My rankings

Forsett

Foster

Bush

However i can really see all of these guys putting up similar numbers close to 1,000 rushing and 6-8 tds.

So this may be a little off topic but it seems lately in mocks Foster is going around pick 60 12 man leagues. I have the second pick so this means im going to have to spend a 4th round pick to land him. He is going around similar upside backs Michael Bush and Justin Forsett. Of the three how are people ranking them? seems like if you want to land one or even two of these guys you will have to spend a 4th and a 5th to get them.

My rankings

Forsett

Foster

Bush

However i can really see all of these guys putting up similar numbers close to 1,000 rushing and 6-8 tds.

I think of those 3 Foster has by far the best situation. He's on the best team of the 3. The passing game in Hou. is one of the best in the league, so that will be the defenses focus. Also, the other 2 backs are in more of a committee situation than Foster. Bush has to deal with McFadden and it's starting to look like Sea will be a full blown committe with JJones and LWash stealing touches from Forsett. I think people are starting to take notice of Foster, with the lack of everydown backs. His ADP should steadily climb from here on out.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

My rankings

Forsett

Foster

Bush

Forsett is the backup man. And he has a garbage line, while he stands at 5'8, giving carries to both a more explosive Leon Washington and a bigger, more durable Julius Jones. I'm staying away Forsett this year

Bush

Foster

Forsett

My rankings

Forsett

Foster

Bush

At this point I like Foster more than those other two.. I'd probably go Foster / Bush / Forsett. Washington has made a solid recovery from his injury, and offers more talent than any of the other backs in seattle. At best, he takes a significant # of carries from forsett, who is already sharing with Jones. Foster has a better situation than Bush because he's on a better team, and will have a larger % of the workload. Out of those backs I think Foster is the only one with a realistic shot at 1000+ yards and 6-8 td's, barring injury. That said, a 4th rounder is a bit steep in my opinion.

If you break down his games last year it comes to 1700 yards running and receiving or a little over 1300 ards rushing. That isn't great but could be built on.

Where was Ray Rice last year? I got him in the 7th of a 16 team redraft-about the same as Foster this year. He probably won't turn in Rice numbers but rankings are usually conservative (except may for William Green :wacko: ).

In 3 games last year he had 52 carries for 250 and 3 TD's and 7 receptions for 80 yards. Over 16 games that is 1333 yards and 16 TD's and 426 yards. He won't get that many TD's but 1700 combined would be nice. :tup:

I took him last night at 7.06 as my rb3. Same league last year I grabbed Ray Rice 6.08, but 2 weeks later in my final draft of the preseason Rice's stock was round 3.

I don't expect foster to jump that high but 2 weeks from now you may be reaching for him in round 5 if you want him. I liked the value in round 7, not so much in 5.

I took him last night at 7.06 as my rb3. Same league last year I grabbed Ray Rice 6.08, but 2 weeks later in my final draft of the preseason Rice's stock was round 3.

I don't expect foster to jump that high but 2 weeks from now you may be reaching for him in round 5 if you want him. I liked the value in round 7, not so much in 5.

I picked him up tonight as well. He's rushed 18 times for 110 yards against DAL tonight.

Looks like Slaton might have Turf Toe. Make Foster a #1 Rb now. he will be the only thing they got there.

Steve Slaton - RB - Texans

Steve Slaton left Saturday's game against the Cowboys with a foot injury.

Slaton returned from the locker room in shorts and said he'd be fine. NFL Network is calling it a turf toe injury, though, and he's not expected to play in the preseason finale. Turf toe injuries are known to linger depending on the severity, so Slaton is no sure bet to be ready for the opener. He's only draftable as a "handcuff" to Arian Foster at this point.

Aug. 29 - 12:13 a.m. ET

At this point I like Foster more than those other two.. I'd probably go Foster / Bush / Forsett. Washington has made a solid recovery from his injury, and offers more talent than any of the other backs in seattle. At best, he takes a significant # of carries from forsett, who is already sharing with Jones. Foster has a better situation than Bush because he's on a better team, and will have a larger % of the workload. Out of those backs I think Foster is the only one with a realistic shot at 1000+ yards and 6-8 td's, barring injury. That said, a 4th rounder is a bit steep in my opinion.

In the Vikes/Hawks game last night, Washington was the starter and played more. Seems he might be the #1 in Seattle at the moment, just thought I'd throw that in if you're watching Forsett for a spot.

In the Vikes/Hawks game last night, Washington was the starter and played more. Seems he might be the #1 in Seattle at the moment, just thought I'd throw that in if you're watching Forsett for a spot.

Pre season they probably wanted to see how Washington would do playing with the starting unit.

J Jones replaced him mid way through the 2nd quarter.