[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leon Washington over Justin Forsett

MoOnshine22

Leon Washington is going to be named the starter in Seattle, but honestly is either one really worth the spot? I originally thought Forsett would be a stud this year but I realized he'd never be able to put up points consistently with a bad line and his frame. Washington is small too and probably won't see goal-line carries or a significant amount of carries.

Does either one of them have any value, enough to spend time on?

Washington is going to start the third preseason game on Saturday, b/c Carrol wants to see him aginast a first-team Defense...

For me, Forsett is going too high for what I think he will do. But I'm all about taking Leon somewhere in rounds 11-13, as he could be a great bye-week flex fill, with a little upside to do slightly more. He is running well.

Washington is going to start the third preseason game on Saturday, b/c Carrol wants to see him aginast a first-team Defense...

For me, Forsett is going too high for what I think he will do. But I'm all about taking Leon somewhere in rounds 11-13, as he could be a great bye-week flex fill, with a little upside to do slightly more. He is running well.

I actually agree with you. Julius Jones is still in the mix as well. If Jones is still in the mix, there are still massive problems with the run game in Seattle.

Yeah I think Washington will end up with the most points by the end of the year too. He's more explosive than Forsett and catches more balls, should get a ton of action on 1st and 2nd downs. I'm sure Forsett will start games, but Washington will probably see more action.

Forsett can't handle a 16 game season with his build, and people are drafting him as a RB3. Stupid IMO. Jones is the only one who can really handle a full workload

Seattle's RB situation is alittle like the Patriots. I won't touch any of them..

well, it's one of those situations where there is potential value, you just have to get a little lucky. forsett is the one who is going WAAYY too high. leon and julius, I'd say the price may be worth a gamble.

That was my mistake, right now it's Washington starting the 3rd pre-season game (doesn't mean much, but 3rd game is when most starters start and play a lot). Still, Washington is going to get a lot of action even if he's 2nd on the depth chart.

JJ might be relevant for 8 TDs this year if the Seahawks get to the RZ a lot

That was my mistake, right now it's Washington starting the 3rd pre-season game (doesn't mean much, but 3rd game is when most starters start and play a lot). Still, Washington is going to get a lot of action even if he's 2nd on the depth chart.

JJ might be relevant for 8 TDs this year if the Seahawks get to the RZ a lot

washington is starting game 3 because the coach wants to see each RB face a #1 defense.

JJ is not fantasy relevant and should not be drafted. Leon Washington is the most talented back on the roster, period. Barring injury, he'll have the most fantasy points this season. He may or may not "start", but he is the only one that is talented enough to potentially alter the outcome of games. He probably won't get many more touches than Forsett, but figures to do more with those touches. I wouldn't rely on any of them as a top-3 back, but Washington by far has the most value based on his ADP.

In my 10-team draft I got him in round 13....is that too late? He did good in the 2nd half of last year and Leon is coming off that horrendous injury...Leon has never been a starter/majority carry-back and won't be in SEA even if he does impress. If Leon does very well he will see 3rd downs/change of pace stuff and Forsett will take the lion's share of the carries

No. Neither has any value with our terrible O line. Our running game looks awful.

This is probably the reality of the situation. There is a very good chance that none of the three are fantasy relevant. Even if Forsett plays good, he doesn't have that top-end potential and most likely won't get enough touches to nickel-and-dime himself to big numbers, simply because the line, offense and defense are pretty bad.

The Seahawks have been desperate for big plays and playmakers for several years now. Leon Washington can probably give them some of that. I'm banking on him being healthy here, but the Seahawks are going to try to use that guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Julius Jones is gone which has to give a bump up to Washington and Forsett. I can still remember last pre season before Washington got hurt. He was running HARD and many thought he was going to be the starting RB ahead of Thomas Jones.

Not sure what anyone can do behind the SEA offensive line but I also expect the Washington is the back to own of the two.

Washington will start the season as the kickoff return man after the Seahawks traded Josh Wilson on Tuesday, the Tacoma News Tribune reports.

Recommendation: Wilson was one of the return men last season. If Washington fills that role, it probably means he won't start at running back. That seemingly leaves Justin Forsett as the starter with Washington as perhaps a third-down back. This is far from settled, however.

(Rotowire.com)

I took Washington and expect him to be the pass catcher of the two. Maybe a flex start here and there. I wasn't comfortable taking Forsett in the 8th.