[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you go RB/RB/RB

delfamdelfam

wondering if you guys would draft 3 straight rb's(playing one at flex) if the value was there. I went Frank Gore/Ryan Grant in my first two rounds, and then wr's starting going off the board and Pierre Thomas fell to me in the 3rd so I took him to play at flex. The best WR left was Sims-Walker. Feel like i don't need good WR's with these guys. Would you do this?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were who I felt was presenting the highest value on the board, then yes. I wouldn't specifically target going RB/RB/RB heading into a draft, but you have to adjust to the flow and take what the draft presents.

+1

The WR's I passed on in the 2nd round where White,Johnson,Jennings, and Jackson. Johnson,Moss,Wayne,Marshall, and Austin where all gone. I felt Grant was better value with Packers explosive offense.

The WR's I passed on in the 2nd round where White,Johnson,Jennings, and Jackson. Johnson,Moss,Wayne,Marshall, and Austin where all gone. I felt Grant was better value with Packers explosive offense.

:wacko:

I personally wouldn't have done that, but we all have opinions. Good luck.

If they were who I felt was presenting the highest value on the board, then yes. I wouldn't specifically target going RB/RB/RB heading into a draft, but you have to adjust to the flow and take what the draft presents.

Yes, particularly when you can start 3 RBs.

I wouldn't plan on it but if it shakes out that way then I'd go with it. I did a couple years ago and won the league but got really lucky on WRs plus the format was start 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 flex RB/WR. If you can't start 3 RBs its not so hot. The key will still be hitting on the later WRs and this plan used to work much better prior to the RBBC phenomena.

Depending on other lineup reqs etc., not sure I would have done that, but so long as you felt that Grant was the greatest value on the board, then I don't have issue with it.

Guessing 5th pick in a 10 teamer?

+1

In all my drafts this year, I went RB, RB/QB, QB/RB, TE/RB, RB/TE. I usually didn't take my first WR until about round 6-7. I'm very happy with the results (so far :wacko:).

You blew the #2 slot Opie. God just handed you a gift and you shat on it. Schaub at 3.02 will haunt you... you'll see...

I too won't plan to go into the draft that way....but if the cards fall that way I would. I like Gore and Grant because they dont really have a RBBC and Thomas has Bush but has always gotten the good share....esp with Bell out of town....

RB whores make my life so much easier at draft time. YES! By all means load up on the most injured position in all of fantasy football here in the age of the forward pass. You are standing on a ledge and I am yelling, "JUMP!"

:wacko:

I did it once without meaning to....everyone else was loading up on WR's and QB's that I took the best player available...

I ended up with 3 of my top 10 ranked RB and traded one of them after an injury or something in week 1....

but I made a post about it....it can work if you're a good enough GM, but I wouldn't ever gameplan a draft by going RB/RB/RB....and I actually have no clue how I will be drafting even in the 1st round considering we may only have 8 teams this year after we lost a couple of owners so I am considering 2 QB's...and in this case I could consider going QB/QB/RB if the mood were to strike me so...

I have no problem with doing that if they are the best value at the time. I'm currently drafting in a PPR league where you can start 3 RB's and I went RB, RB, TE, RB. I had not intention of doing that, but that was where I felt the best value was when it was my time to pick. I'll probably end up trading one of those RB's for a WR at some point in the season, but it is a 12 team league and I got 3 of the top 12 RB's based on the huddle's projections in PPR leagues.

I have no problem with doing that if they are the best value at the time. I'm currently drafting in a PPR league where you can start 3 RB's and I went RB, RB, TE, RB. I had not intention of doing that, but that was where I felt the best value was when it was my time to pick. I'll probably end up trading one of those RB's for a WR at some point in the season, but it is a 12 team league and I got 3 of the top 12 RB's based on the huddle's projections in PPR leagues.

was one of them Charles?

Yes

I should have taken it a step further and assumed it was the 3rd RB you took....from what I've seen, if JC is there in the 3rd, he'll probably be there in the 4th because a lot of people feel TJ has affected his value....

I thank...well, myself for my draft being on Sept. 4th as I am picking up on these things as pre-season goes on...but this might result me being too cute in trying to maximize value and end up screwing the pooch on a few players I coveted...

I should have taken it a step further and assumed it was the 3rd RB you took....from what I've seen, if JC is there in the 3rd, he'll probably be there in the 4th because a lot of people feel TJ has affected his value....

I thank...well, myself for my draft being on Sept. 4th as I am picking up on these things as pre-season goes on...but this might result me being too cute in trying to maximize value and end up screwing the pooch on a few players I coveted...

I'm not to concerned about TJ, he's averaging 3.1 yards per carry and Charles is averaging 7 yards per carry. Charles is the first player in the history of the game to rush for over 1,100 yards with less than 200 carries.