[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you go RB/RB/RB

delfamdelfam

I can see your point if this were a mid to late round pick. But I see this time and again in the very early stages of a draft. For example, a league I just finished drafting saw a guy pick Drew Brees (1st) and Peyton Manning (2nd). I don't have to tell you how unbelievably dumb I think this is but then he goes on to say..Gonna trade one of my guys for a Top Tier WR. Ummmm...what? 12 team league you could have drafted a top tier WR. This is my point...just draft the top tier WR! Now everybody in the league is going to boycott all his offers hahahahahaha..idiot.

When I see this occur in my drafts, I IMMEDIATELY charge said owner almost double in any trade. HE becomes the desperate one and I take full advantage.

here's the thing though...your draft shouldn't revolve around your 1st 3 picks and anyone who drafts 2 QB's early is a moran unless you start 2 QB's...QB's just aren't coveted like a high priced RB due to the dropoff...

if your team has nothing to offer outside your top 3 picks, then you're a lousy drafter and you probably didn't have much of a shot anyways..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's funny because he doesn't even start for his own team...

:wacko: All I was basically doing was presenting a substantial weight of evidence regarding Jamaal's ADP that you didn't even want to begin to digest because it contradicted an idea cemented in your head.

:wacko: All I was basically doing was presenting a substantial weight of evidence regarding Jamaal's ADP that you didn't even want to begin to digest because it contradicted an idea cemented in your head.

I don't care what the "consensus" is....you're grasping at straws by trying to tell me that my value of him is too low because "everyone else" is taking him in the 3rd...

I could give a bushwacked what everyone else is doing.....if I miss out on him, I miss out on him....I'm sticking to my gameplan and will make changes as I see fit as I never head into a draft assuming that I will go one way or another unless I have one of the top 3 picks...

...you're grasping at straws by trying to tell me that my value of him is too low

Good Lord. I'm not arguing against where you value Charles. I'm saying that expecting him to go late 3rd to early 4th isn't practical in standard PPR leagues. If you really don't care what the "consensus" is and how you can use that in a strategy then so be it. That's the obvious disconnect.

Edited by bushwacked

Good Lord. I'm not arguing against where you value Charles. I'm saying that expecting him to go late 3rd to early 4th isn't practical in standard PPR leagues. If you really don't care what the "consensus" is and how you can use that in a strategy then so be it. That's the obvious disconnect.

I get what you're saying, I just don't know why you keep repeating it...:wacko:

Just drafted last night. 12 team PPR league. I had the 11th pick. Took Brees 1st round (after Rodgers), then Miles Austin on the turn (2nd pick in the 2nd round).

Our 3rd round starts back at Team 12. So I ended up with the 2nd pick in the 3rd round. I drafted my first RB Jamaal Charles with the 26th pick overall. I don't know how much farther he would have fallen, but not very far, I suspect. I wanted P. Thomas instead, but he went 1 pick ahead of me.

J Charles was the 14th RB taken. I'm hoping I got good value (DMD's rankings show I did), although I got a little worried last night when I got home and saw ESPN scrolling that Jamaal had left the game. It looks like he will be alright.

I have a problem, a RB problem, I won't deny it and I cannot help it, for the 2nd year in a row I went RB/RB/RB...... I didn't plan to, I couldn't even believe I was clicking on another RB.... but a run of QB & WR made me do it - I couldn't help myself

come on down AP, DeAngelo Williams and J Charles - let's do this! argghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have a problem, a RB problem, I won't deny it and I cannot help it, for the 2nd year in a row I went RB/RB/RB...... I didn't plan to, I couldn't even believe I was clicking on another RB.... but a run of QB & WR made me do it - I couldn't help myself

come on down AP, DeAngelo Williams and J Charles - let's do this! argghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

if there was such a strong run on QB and WR I wouldn't disagree with this, but would hope that a player from another position would be worth taking with that 3rd pick....

and it's not so much Charles being there in the 3rd as it was DWill being there in the 2nd that was crazy to me....I can't completely fault it..

if there was such a strong run on QB and WR I wouldn't disagree with this, but would hope that a player from another position would be worth taking with that 3rd pick....

and it's not so much Charles being there in the 3rd as it was DWill being there in the 2nd that was crazy to me....I can't completely fault it..

Whenver I have picks 1,2,3 I always go RB/RB/RB, with that 2nd round pick most of the good WR's are gone(DJAX is left usually but not high on him) and with that early 3rd pick Charles is better than any WR your getting.

With those 3 RB's your not going to need good WR's, they should carry you by themselves.

Whenver I have picks 1,2,3 I always go RB/RB/RB, with that 2nd round pick most of the good WR's are gone(DJAX is left usually but not high on him) and with that early 3rd pick Charles is better than any WR your getting.

With those 3 RB's your not going to need good WR's, they should carry you by themselves.

are you talking about a league with flex positions? this is the only league where this holds true...

I've done this once in a league where I only start 2 RB's, but I still drafted a strong team around those players...

ya - that was my thought - I liked Charles better than any of the WR on the board in rd. 3 - the top tier 3 WR are all about the same IMO, I ended up with MSW, Bowe, L Evans and L Robinson- we shall see

AV - I passed on DJAx, Colston & SSmith in the 3rd

what can I say I have a soft spot for JC- especially in PPR

ya - that was my thought - I liked Charles better than any of the WR on the board in rd. 3 - the top tier 3 WR are all about the same IMO, I ended up with MSW, Bowe, L Evans and L Robinson- we shall see

AV - I passed on DJAx, Colston & SSmith in the 3rd

what can I say I have a soft spot for JC- especially in PPR

the thing is that after those 3 WR's, they really get depleted.....but I can see why you did what you did....and maybe go TE in the 4th and then do a run on WR's late....

but it's nice to have a top 10 WR that you can start rather than a Jamaal Charles sitting on your bench....

wondering if you guys would draft 3 straight rb's(playing one at flex) if the value was there. I went Frank Gore/Ryan Grant in my first two rounds, and then wr's starting going off the board and Pierre Thomas fell to me in the 3rd so I took him to play at flex. The best WR left was Sims-Walker. Feel like i don't need good WR's with these guys. Would you do this?

We'll see what happens as I just did this as well. Picked the same two RB's and just had to have Javid Best. Couldn't help myself because I think he's just absolutely going to explode this season. Still ended up with Ward, Maclin and 4-5 other receivers that could be serviceable. I probably should've taken Best in the 2nd (since I'm so high on the kid) and then WR in the 3rd. Oh well.

the thing is that after those 3 WR's, they really get depleted.....but I can see why you did what you did....and maybe go TE in the 4th and then do a run on WR's late....

but it's nice to have a top 10 WR that you can start rather than a Jamaal Charles sitting on your bench....

whoa kid - JC will be playing - we have a flex position.

A bit of a gamble but who the fok knows

I would never, ever do RB-RB-RB.

If one goes down early (and trust me, one will) then you're left with 2 good RBs, which is fine, but you already have the worst WR corps in the league because you did go RB-RB-RB..... and your QB pick was not a guaranteed year-after-year Top-5 stud either.

JUM

If one goes down early (and trust me, one will) then you're left with 2 good RBs, which is fine, but you already have the worst WR corps in the league because you did go RB-RB-RB..... and your QB pick was not a guaranteed year-after-year Top-5 stud either.

JUM

in the one year I did go RB-RB-RB I ended up with Jennings and Colston at WR....:wacko:

sometimes you just get lucky :tup:

Well, carry on then....

:tup:

:wacko:

:tup: going RB-RB-RB is extremely risky and I only did so because I saw value at RB that I could not pass up....I could have been stupid/crazy but due to luck and nothing more than it at the time caused me to be crazy like a fox...

I probably will never go RB-RB-RB again even in a flex league due to the depth at RB being so thin ever since that year but it's always good to make sure you have 2 quality RB's and then flesh out the rest of the roster...but that's always been my school of thought...

JUM

Consider these two lineups

WR: Jason Avant

WR: Josh Cribbs

RB: Ray Rice

RB: Cedric Benson

Flex: Adrian Peterson

WR: Wes Welker

WR: Vincent Jackson

RB: Fred Jackson

RB: Matt Forte

Flex: Jamaal Charles

which would you rather have, team A has stud rb's and crap WR's, team B is more of an all-around team. In reality, if you go by their stats from last year, these 2 teams scored pretty close to the same amount of fantasy points. That's why I don't know why it matters if you go RB/RB/RB or go for a more even lineup. If you go great rb's and bad wr's or for an even team, both ways work, and both ways will get you similar points, so going one way or the other doesn't give you an advantage, so if three runningbacks are the best players left when you pick them, then pick them.

Edited by delfamdelfam

Guy in my league went Gore, Mendenhall, Matthews from the 5 spot. I doubt he'd have gone RB again if Matthews hadn't fallen into his lap.

ETA his final roster:

QB: Cutler, Eli

RB: Gore, Mendenhall, Matthews, M Bush

WR: S Smith (CAR), Sims-Walker, Garcon, Evans, Britt

TE: H Miller, Boss

K: Longwell

D : Saints

Edited by myhousekey

in the one year I did go RB-RB-RB I ended up with Jennings and Colston at WR....:wacko:

sometimes you just get lucky :tup:

werd - those rd 4,5,6 picks are a bit of an unknown if they are RB or WR

last year I went RB/RB/RB and ended up withM. Austin and DJax - that turned out ok............

IMO it all comes down to gettng the best value pick regardless of position